AIR JORDAN 4 Black/Cement/Grey BLACK FRIDAY via COUNTERKICKS 03/08/12

must cop 2 pairs of these    

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by mr delorean

Originally Posted by Magic1978

From that pic, the Knicks look like they have what was used on the metallic V's
i dont really think thats a good thing.  i no longer suffer under the delusion that nike will once again produce a great retro, make no mistake.  the last time the proper material was used was for the 99/00 black cement iv and black metallic v, they were virtually exact replicas of the originals.  i took a 5+ year hiatus from buying anything until the 07 black metallic v.  caught a wild hare and just had to recapture some nostalgia with those and was ridiculously disappointed with how bad the product was.  they have used the same pathetic materials at least since then.  i will override better judgment and purchase this release, only because my 99s are really wanting to finally crack and i want to retire them before theyre destroyed.  they are probably my favorite jordans ever and one of the few pairs i still enjoy wearing. 

this topic is worn the hell out, with rationalizations of inflation, etc....but i will never understand why nike wont issue special releases like this with better treatment.  retail price is not a valid argument when there are masses of idiots paying in the $300 range for embarrassingly shoddy sneakers.  if nike can produce a shoe with the detail and quality of the xx3 for $175 msrp, they can do these correctly and retail them for $185-$200.

Yeah, I don't know how I feel about that either.

I didn't mind the changes on the black metallic V's. I hated the changes on the varsity red/infrared VI's.

I'm hoping it's more like the 99's, but I have a wait and see approach.

No matter what quality JB puts out they will sell out and I am not missing out on these. I have never had a bred pair of IVs and I think its about that time. I am ready for these to drop.. SO clean!!! Ill take two please! 
smokin.gif
smile.gif

Originally Posted by proballer

No matter what quality JB puts out they will sell out and I am not missing out on these. I have never had a bred pair of IVs and I think its about that time. I am ready for these to drop.. SO clean!!! Ill take two please! 
smokin.gif
smile.gif

This.
These will probably be one of the most demanded sneaker of the year besides the "Christmas 11 release" and the Galaxy Foams.

Easily one of the busiest shopping days of the year and one of the more popular c/w's of the 4.

I can say with certainty that I will never line up for another pair of shoes again. You can keep that Black Friday madness.

Im going to put $250 to the side for these. Cop early so I don't have to deal with the release date foolery.

136013-001_300.jpg

I need this shape. These are a grail of mine and the shape was amazing to me in 99

Because this @+!% is horrible (CDP)

air-jordan-iv-cdp-1-400.jpg

I at least want JB to make them less like a banana.

These + my III's wil lbe all I need besides some bred I's, bred XI's and metalic V's to complete my hunger for jordans. 

I don't know why but these make me wanna get in the crowds and get me a pair real talk Hopefully i can grab off the internet but I will have pair.

Originally Posted by PRIME

136013-001_300.jpg

I need this shape. These are a grail of mine and the shape was amazing to me in 99

These + my III's wil lbe all I need besides some bred I's, bred XI's and metalic V's to complete my hunger for jordans. 
I get what you're saying but those look like two completely different sizes.  The CDP IVs were asscheeks and cracked.  

Originally Posted by ChicagoLDRS

136013-001_300.jpg

I get what you're saying but those look like two completely different sizes.  The CDP IVs were asscheeks and cracked.  
the "99" almost looks distorted like a  kids size or something. I'll take the "banana" shape over what's pictured every time.

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Originally Posted by ChicagoLDRS

136013-001_300.jpg

the "99" almost looks distorted like a  kids size or something. I'll take the "banana" shape over what's pictured every time.
I'de take the bulky look over that banana shape any day of the week.  In that pic though it looks like there might be some extra stuffing in the shoe that might be giving it that "distorted" look.

I hate that banana shape man. The "distortion" and bulk is what I loved so much about the shape of the shoe.

136013-001_300.jpg

Because this +*!% is horrible (CDP)

One looks like a GS size, and the other looks like a 14.

The overall thinness and cracking was an issue on the CDP. JB normally solves one problem with another.

1999 retro vs 2008 cdp, the difference is clear cut. hope jb returns to the 1999 form and cut
1999: darker red diagonal netting slightly glossy, more flatter and straight shaped
2008: banana shaped and nothing else to say....

nicekicks

Originally Posted by J2Legend

Pass. 1999s and CDPs are enough. Why retro these again!? 

to get them right. close as possible to the 1999, possibly the 89

I was wondering when I got my white cements if the shape is due to the tongue padding. It's been almost non-existent the past five years for most retros. It makes the sneakers not as bulky as they used to be.

When Rhino posted the Flight 89's, which have some tongue padding, it's a difference in overall shape.

Back
Top Bottom