AIR JORDAN 4 Black/Cement/Grey BLACK FRIDAY via COUNTERKICKS 03/08/12

@Sunshineblotters.....the Militaries were the one I came closest to buying. That stiff stuff( can't even call it leather) on the WC's just killed it for me and don't even get me started about the Varsity(Supposed to be FIRE) Reds...

People keep bashing that stiff leather but I have been wearing mine. Still no major creases. Wish I went down a half size like recommended. Idc that it is stiff. These are jordans. They are meant for style not comfort. IDK if you are an oldhead but any oldhead will tell you how bad the OGs compared in terms of comfort.

Yah my fire reds are the only ones i cant see myself wearing. **** quality, **** color blocking. I honestly prefer the Mars. I'll just keep for trade bait when people are thirsting for this colorway again. And judging by its quality, that'll be pretty soon.

Last edited:
People keep bashing that stiff leather but I have been wearing mine. Still no major creases. Wish I went down a half size like recommended. Idc that it is stiff. These are jordans. They are meant for style not comfort. IDK if you are an oldhead but any oldhead will tell you how bad the OGs compared in terms of comfort.
Yah my fire reds are the only ones i cant see myself wearing. **** quality, **** color blocking. I honestly prefer the Mars. I'll just keep for trade bait when people are thirsting for this colorway again. And judging by its quality, that'll be pretty soon.

I actually preferred the militaries over the white cements because of the softer leather. It actually felt like leather to me and were also comfortable.

cant wait for these to drop.

best colorway ever. 
roll.gif

I actually preferred the militaries over the white cements because of the softer leather. It actually felt like leather to me and were also comfortable.
THIS.  The WC's felt like bricks.  I don't care if it's for style or not, it should still be halfway comfortable.  That logic is why JB is trolling y'all......" I'm just wearing these to break necks, nevermind these blisters on my feet."  SMDH.

LOL I have been doing that since way before I could afford Jordans. You complain about comfort and then complain about shape. You cant get comfort out of some of those OG molds. If you truly cared about comfort you wouldnt be copping Jordans :lol:

^
i haven't seen these in person, but changing the upper material is a negative in my book

& i think the cdp 3 is better quality than the 2011 bc 3 which looks and feels like wet plastic
& seems to have paint chipping issues as the cdp does

My BC 3s haven't chipped yet and I've worn them 10+ times..

:rolleyes

THIS!

The Militaries & FRs leather is much better IMO.

Although they had their defects, I still prefer the "softer leather" feel over the harder leather.

THIS.  The WC's felt like bricks.  I don't care if it's for style or not, it should still be halfway comfortable.  That logic is why JB is trolling y'all......" I'm just wearing these to break necks, nevermind these blisters on my feet."  SMDH.
No, they are trollin y'all because you accept low quality easy creasing leather

Who ever says ANY cdp J's are nice quality or better than recent releases should slapping themselves

. You cant get comfort out of some of those OG molds. If you truly cared about comfort you wouldnt be copping Jordans
laugh.gif
Which IV is even CLOSE to an OG mold??  And, I cop more than J's.  I cop my J's mainly for nostalgia reasons, and yes I do wear all my J's.  Been on an Asics kick lately.  Anyways, like I said before why should I buy a shoe that's stiff as hell and might make my feet bleed if I wear them more than two hours??  So, by your logic we consumers should accept a stiff, uncomfortable shoe with bad materials and colorblocking when that's not what they were?  I dunno, I guess my priorities are a bit different and age has set in.  I don't have to break necks or have all of the J's....did that when I was younger.  Not trying to flame you bro, just rebutting what you posted.  No offense meant and if you're offended, my bad.

Again. Stiff leather vs soft leather is a preference that quality control has nothing to do with. There are different types of leather out there. Whether the shoes came precreased or not, how the shoe holds up to you wearing it, how long until the leather starts discoloring, etc is what quality deals with.

Hell durabuck vs nubuck is technically not a control issue either, Its a choice of materials. We just tend to prefer durabuck for obvious reasons. However on my SBs i prefer suede, for obvious reasons

. They are meant for style not comfort. IDK if you are an oldhead but any oldhead will tell you how bad the OGs compared in terms of comfort.
OG's weren't comfortable??  Are you forgetting that back then they were actually made as performance shoes?  Had the OG WC's and FR's in '89 and back then Jordan's were always the innovators, always had Nike's newest tech, best materials, always pushed the envelope and meshed performance and style together.  BTW, I'm 35 and been in the J game since '85.  Chicago born and bred, my first pair was the Mettalic blue/white 1's back when youth sizes were "Sky" Jordans.  Yeah, I just dated myself, lol.

Which IV is even CLOSE to an OG mold??  And, I cop more than J's.  I cop my J's mainly for nostalgia reasons, and yes I do wear all my J's.  Been on an Asics kick lately.  Anyways, like I said before why should I buy a shoe that's stiff as hell and might make my feet bleed if I wear them more than two hours??  So, by your logic we consumers should accept a stiff, uncomfortable shoe with bad materials and colorblocking when that's not what they were?  I dunno, I guess my priorities are a bit different and age has set in.  I don't have to break necks or have all of the J's....did that when I was younger.  Not trying to flame you bro, just rebutting what you posted.  No offense meant and if you're offended, my bad.
i never said there were any and I didnt say you were a JB loyalist.
No offense to you either. It's not about breaking necks. I just dont get into it cuz I dont care if anyone thinks that's what I am about. I don't collect every pair, I think most silhouettes of Air Jordans are trash. Some silhouettes only have 2 or 3 colors I like.
lol, except for a few peopl far, all the condescending oldheads are 8 or less years older than me We grew up in the same time frame. The age difference between me and my youngest sister (12 years) is the same as the difference than me and you. So that don't bother me either

Last edited:
OG's weren't comfortable??  Are you forgetting that back then they were actually made as performance shoes?  Had the OG WC's and FR's in '89 and back then Jordan's were always the innovators, always had Nike's newest tech, best materials, always pushed the envelope and meshed performance and style together.  BTW, I'm 35 and been in the J game since '85.  Chicago born and bred, my first pair was the Mettalic blue/white 1's back when youth sizes were "Sky" Jordans.  Yeah, I just dated myself, lol.

My bad that was just a poorly worded sentence. Should read "As every oldhead told me...."
Either way the technology now and then can't be compared. Maybe it was better than all the other shoes at the time, but oldheads told me these newer retros are much more comfortable

Very true, the tech back then can't hold a candle to the tech now.  It's all good.  Nice debate, I'm out.  Brother's gotta work in the AM.

umm i have a good number of CDPs...

carmine VIs

cement III's

hare VIIs

shadow X's

"he got game" XIIIs

XVI's black and red were all quality.

This plus add the 4's with a fresh new paint job, and all is well.

I didn't mind the 5's either.

Who ever says ANY cdp J's are nice quality or better than recent releases should slapping themselves
umm i have a good number of CDPs...

carmine VIs

cement III's

hare VIIs

shadow X's

"he got game" XIIIs

XVI's black and red were all quality.
Most people who say that all CDP shoes are ALL bad quality are following what they hear others say.  The XIII's and Hares in particular are pretty damn decent.

Back
Top Bottom