AIR JORDAN 4 Black/Cement/Grey BLACK FRIDAY via COUNTERKICKS 03/08/12

My pair is still DS. Call me a hypebeast or lame or whatever but I don't like going places and seeing everyone wearing the same shoe as me. They will be broken out in due time though :smokin Also afraid to wear them because my Thunders are getting hairline cracks after 3 wears :smh:

If you have a collection just rock, they won't get too much wear with the right rotation.

If you have a collection just rock, they won't get too much wear with the right rotation.
That's true. I rotate about 65-70 kicks and 3 beaters so each pair only gets worn once every 3-4 months but I've been wearing the thunders a bit more. On 3s paint chipping doesn't bother me as much since its just on the white part but on the 4s it's higher up on the midsole And more noticeable

I rock mine faithfully. Having these and black cement 3's in rotation...PRICELESS
QFT 
nthat.gif
. Both always stay in my rotation

Up to today; I've decided to make these my daily wears because of the cracking. I planned on making them a monthly-wear shoe, but that idea's scrapped.

I just don't get it man. I'm 6'0, about 180lbs - there's no reason they should be cracking.

Than I thought about it - when I literally UN'DS them - I was running late to work, so I literally ran into working with these on - than when I just happened to check, I seen hairline cracks :smh: I was like how in the F.

Also, these scuff so easily. It's still a good looking shoe, but the ashiness kills me - it really exploits the scuffs in the shoe.

I took these to vacation and wore for 1 weeks. Spent the entire weekend at disney land with these and no cracks luckily. My only issue is that the red is being exposed in the grey areas from scuffs. 

There's no way around the cracking and I think ashiness (if that's a word) gives em character. But I will say my military blue 4's haven't cracked and I've worn them more than these...

Mines has slight cracking on one shoe. Yup I'm not buying any 4's or 3's again. I guess I'll just be getting older 1's and Nikes.

I've worn mine quite a bit since I got em. Paint is crackin' up but I don't care I'm not too careful with my shoes. Loooove this shoe. I've gotten more compliments with these than any other pair I've worn lately. Got em' parked near the door right next to my fire red beaters as we speak.. :D

I can care less about the Nike Air. I just to know how close they will be to the first retro as far as shape and material. I've found the right insole so I'm not even worried if they will crack or not because mine haven't.

Wow, A $160 pair of shoes that you have to buy an extra insole to make em comfortable and then worry about midsole cracks. This cant be life.

Last edited:
I have worn mine plenty of times and a little bit of cracking, but no paint chipping like my BC3's.Lovin these every time I wear them. But sometimes it starts bothering my side of the pinky toe after a couple of hours. But I'm starting to stretch the crap out of them and stuffing a bunch of newspaper to widen the shoe. This do fit true to size for me, it just seems these ran a bit more narrower than my previous IV's (White Cement and Military).

Thinking about pulling the trigger on a worn 2x pair for $170 shipped so I can beat those down and leave my DS pair DS. Really want a pair of these as everyday kicks :smokin

Weather was nice enough to finally Un-DS these. Been staring me in the face since I copped on RD. These will be rocked HARD.

UnDS'd a pair last night, and when compared to the Thunders, these crease at a much slower rate. After wear 1, my Thunders looked fairly broken in. The BCIV had zero creasing after wear 1 (for ME), and I walked the exact same distance. These are now in my Daily Driver rotation... Looking down at my feet, I can't help but flashback to 1989, walking the junior high halls in these; my 2nd favorite AJ all-time :smokin

UnDS'd a pair last night, and when compared to the Thunders, these crease at a much slower rate. After wear 1, my Thunders looked fairly broken in. The BCIV had zero creasing after wear 1 (for ME), and I walked the exact same distance. These are now in my Daily Driver rotation... Looking down at my feet, I can't help but flashback to 1989, walking the junior high halls in these; my 2nd favorite AJ all-time
smokin.gif
Couldn't agree with you more.......I've worn mine a handful of times and crease wise they still look unworn. Plus they go with everyone and are such a classic silhouette.....I should have doubled up with all the restocks
mad.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom