Air Jordan 4 "Royalty" to release February 4, 2017

View media item 2322787
Saw them in person at ftl store. It was an okay shoes. But i dont like the gold material. Big no no for the material used. Would have copped it they were stainless steel [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Last edited:
Just checked out my daughters GS pair, they look nice and quality seemed pretty good. Definitely a dope looking IV.

Last edited:
For the people who ready have pairs

How is the quality I have seen pics with terrible quality

I'm not one to complain about the build of a shoe but these have looked bad on IG

Hope I get a clean pair

Seems like they had a pretty good reception.. I'll wait and see if they hit a nice discount. There's so many predominantly black Js these days I pick and choose. 4s are prob in my top 5 models but not my fav.

For the people who ready have pairs

How is the quality I have seen pics with terrible quality

I'm not one to complain about the build of a shoe but these have looked bad on IG

Hope I get a clean pair
My pair looks great. The ashy suede complaints were always stupid to me. The color will always look lighter if brushed a certain direction.

I never listen to another person's quality complaints, especially when they say ashy suede.

My pair looks great. The ashy suede complaints were always stupid to me. The color will always look lighter if brushed a certain direction.

I never listen to another person's quality complaints, especially when they say ashy suede.

QFT....

Facts. That group think mindset. A lot of these folks complain about quality of shoes they've never held our felt. The suede on these is nice

These aren't that bad at all. Sure, the material is a bit "smokey" but no way is this as bad/thin as those Black Cat 13s. Those jawns are straight up cardboards.

Last edited:
I picked up my pair from FL this morning. Everything looked good at first until I really inspected the pair. One of the shoes was actually missing paint by the air unit. The same shoe had an extra glob of white paint on the outsole. I'm normally not to picky about small defects but after paying full retail I took them back to FL. They were super cool and opened 3 pairs of size 11.5's for me. Every pair had issues. He then brought out 3 pairs of size 11's. Luckily one of those pairs was acceptable. I ended up going a half size down and kept the size 11. I like the shoes but this was pretty disheartening considering I was hyped on this release.

Last edited:
Blah...blah...blah! "Full retail...Full retail!", "Disco this, disco that", "Ashy suede and glue" Some of y'all just sound broke af and/or cheap. 
mean.gif
 GR threads have become intolerable the last 18 months since the increase in price and production.  It's like when I sit too close to the student section at my son's games.  Conversations are just dumb. Shoe is dope.

Blah...blah...blah! "Full retail...Full retail!", "Disco this, disco that", "Ashy suede and glue" Some of y'all just sound broke af and/or cheap. :smh:  GR threads have become intolerable the last 18 months since the increase in price and production.  It's like when I sit too close to the student section at my son's games.  Conversations are just dumb. Shoe is dope.

View media item 2322872

Couldn't have said it any better

So after winning 4 raffles (including wifey), I took my time selecting a perfect pair. I througoughly inspected a total of six pairs and all of them had glue stains all over the midsole and even the outsole, some were even on the suede itself.  Finally found a perfect pair and walked out with these. Happy camper here :smile:

After reading and watching videos of which turned me off, I still went to the mall to see these in person. I'll tell you this, they look much better than in pictures. Suede is good and not ashy. Gold is subtle, not blingy. I say if you guys like they, cop them. Don't let the forum or youtube affect your decision. I'll probably won't wear them but they are certainly a great addition to any collection.

Edit: Could it be that the early releases or unauthorized pairs had inferior suede? These are very acceptable in my opinion. They are similar to my Ferragamo suede shoes...
I said the same exact thing when I saw these in person.....much better looking than in the pictures.  I will say the paint job on the midsole isn't all that great and the leather used on the back tab is cheap, but it's still a good looking shoe.  The suede is soft and isn't ashy (on my pair).  For those complaining about "ash", try brushing them.

Problem is too many people totally ignorant at what good suede is supposed to look and feel like have no idea what they are even looking at and before you know it they spout "oh it's ashy!". I mean dudes in hear are completely the suede is "nappy". Are you serious? It's like complaining the tumbled leather on the shattered BB is too tumbly. smh
Smh, this suede is far from nappy. but let them be ignorant.

My local foot action didn't get their stock in. Late shipment. Lol.

I'll wait till they get theirs in. Since I have $15 off to use. Don't wanna pay retail for these guys.

I finally sat down and looked at the shoe.

I think the suede is pretty good and I am one of those people that like suede more than nubuck. It needs to be brushed and the glue is a little bit sloppy. Every picture and video coming out today has the glue. Doesn't bother me.

The backtab is not leather which is a slight disappointment. I wear a lot of gold jewlery so I love the gold hits.

Brush they suede and wear them and break them in and these will be one of those beater-ish pairs that you can wear a lot and not feel guilty.

I've been about Ultra Boosts or nothing for the past year, but this was copped instantly for me. Nice that I had a nike gift card to use. Something about black and gold that always gets me. Especially with this model. I'm really surprised that these are still everywhere. I guess it's a good thing that Adidas has everyone's attention right now and allows me to buy something like this easily. I think these are super dope and everyone seems like who wanted one got one. Wish it was always like that.

Digging back through a couple pages, and nice photos from all.

Making me think about buying full retail... 

Problem is too many people totally ignorant at what good suede is supposed to look and feel like have no idea what they are even looking at and before you know it they spout "oh it's ashy!". I mean dudes in hear are completely the suede is "nappy". Are you serious? It's like complaining the tumbled leather on the shattered BB is too tumbly. smh
Not sure what peeps are complaining about about being ashy...do they mean it's grayish instead of pure black? To be honest, my Royalty's are more true to black than my Ferragamo's are true to brown. The loafers look more ashy but these are definitely premium suede. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Back
Top Bottom