Air Jordan 4 "What The" 11/13/19

Came today from Footlocker. Had to call their sillie csr to get the 25% off discount to apply. Didn't have a 10.5, but this 11 feels good. Pleased with discount purchase. IMG_20200402_124207.jpg

Man. With all these deals going on, I'm holding out for all Jay's for $115-125. I think all will get there eventually

Agreed only if it isn’t an OG colorway.
Just did the double up. $150 too good to pass.

They will get there. But they will go extremely fast especially in certain sizes. Almost better to settle @ 150 shipped in some cases.

Just restocked on the Nike app - couldn't check out :smh:

Got in line then soldout...

Sneaker Twitter is a double edge sword

Man, 2020 has been a weird f**king year...

I realized that fully a few days ago..
A pair of 1s I got off stockx for 185 shipped. Are now going for close to 600... I was literally amazed
I bought the bloodlines for a cool 110
Satin blacks for 97
Unstitched stood defiants for 100
All over Game royals for like 85
all are out of control right now.

So who's really buying at these prices? Is it really people on this forum (enthusiasts), or resellers trying to resell for more, or people with a lot of money that just want them and don't care? Personally, I have sufficient funds to buy whatever I want for any price (not a flex, just for context), however, I just don't pay over retail out of principle. If I strike out on FR4s, I may pay $250 shipped b/c I really want those, but spending $400, $500 plus just doesn't feel good to me...Maybe it's my hate for funding resellers, or maybe I just have too many shoes that I know I'll just move onto the next release. Or some may say that means I don't really love a shoe....anyway....I don't see these elevated prices as being sustainable!

So who's really buying at these prices? Is it really people on this forum (enthusiasts), or resellers trying to resell for more, or people with a lot of money that just want them and don't care? Personally, I have sufficient funds to buy whatever I want for any price (not a flex, just for context), however, I just don't pay over retail out of principle. If I strike out on FR4s, I may pay $250 shipped b/c I really want those, but spending $400, $500 plus just doesn't feel good to me...Maybe it's my hate for funding resellers, or maybe I just have too many shoes that I know I'll just move onto the next release. Or some may say that means I don't really love a shoe....anyway....I don't see these elevated prices as being sustainable!

My theory is that there is a TON of speculation buying because the sneaker bubble has grown so much recently due to services like GOAT/StockX making reselling so easy and efficient and more people entering the market as resellers (especially during COVID where a lot of ppl are stuck at home and bored/need to make extra money). I think prices will have an inevitable correction and come down closer to true market value (like they were last year, etc.) but there are definitely investors pumping up the market rn.

I can't believe the resell on these now. After The Last Dance, every freak'n Jordan went up, including non-OG colorways that were on discount previously. I got a pair on release day b/c I think they're dope and I'm a 4 guy. They're not the best, and could have been better in terms of creative color blocking, but glad I have them. If I didn't already have them though, I definitely wouldn't be paying that resell price!

Back
Top Bottom