Air Jordan 4 x UNION LA Thread

1624909867903.png

Yoooooo :rofl:

We have no idea what goes on behind the scene. Nike could have said "Look Chris, no online drop, raffle only". Do you think Chris is going to point his finger at Nike and say they made him do it? People are going to complain either way anyways. Just look at every comment on any half hyped release, nothing but whining and complaining.

Union owes us nothing. They can release them however they want. You can choose to enter or not enter, support them, praise them, **** talk them, etc but lets be real, if Union drops something next year, everyone will line up for it again regardless if it's a raffle or online drop.

Also, I'm in my early 40s and i'm embarrased by grown men complaining about not being able to get a pair of shoes.
Sounds like ur miserable and hate to hear people complain…..
U might want to leave NT then.

Onion and Jibbs don’t owe us nothing but don’t think that their image has been tarnished. And image is EVERYTHING to these shops.
so go Thata way with that lame excuse.

Need to see a lace swap with the “Union yellow” laces from the previous pack in the Taupe Haze.

Catch 22 isn't it? We have folks in here complaining about not being able to cop this drop, and then go on lingering diatribes about how they did YOU wrong, but really, do you or would you have supported Union in the first place without these collabs?

Union doesn't owe us anything - but you can't deny that they at least try to make this fair. Sure execution they could have done a dry run since the release logistics might have changed due to whatever circumstance, but at the end of the day there's another release around the corner.

**Also, it's probably because of the amount of L's I've racked up on SNKRS that I've somewhat become apathetic/a little more pessimistic to any sort of sneaker raffle. *shrugs*

lol, in the words of marlo from the wire ... "you want it to be one way ... but it's the other way" (that had nothing to do with anything, i just thought it was fitting)... but in the regards to "owe" they've always done fair releases, touted themselves as having fair releases, & i've even benefitted from fair releases from them. it's easily one of the best curated stores in los angeles, how they meticulously hand select retailers, & use quality materials for their own line. we've come to expect fairness from them, much like notre shop in chicago, & a couple of other retailers who do right by the consumers who just wanna rock fly ish ... so they might not "owe" anyone anything, but they've set a precedent (stare decisis) of how they've gone about business.

Maybe they saw there was no benefit for "doing right" by the people. Maybe their business' bottom line and their social media engagement/brand awareness was probably still similar even after "doing right" by the people with those releases.
Prolly kept tabs on stockx sales and said "there are no right people" everybody out here getting paid but me..

I’ve never felt any of these companies owed me anything.

Curious why some of you feel as though you’re owed a fair shot at anything, let alone a hyped shoe release.

I come in peace.

they owe me a tracking number. im not trying to be in limbo all week

Enh, in all fairness they don’t owe you anything since you technically didn’t “win”. Just a thought. If they wanted to be dicks and refunded the folks who bought links I wouldn’t be mad in the least. They won’t do that, however.

yellow makes it look like they're trying to make them like the other unions. Doesnt really fit. blue or grey better.

Last edited:
Enh, in all fairness they don’t owe you anything since you technically didn’t “win”. Just a thought. If they wanted to be dicks and refunded the folks who bought links I wouldn’t be mad in the least. They won’t do that, however.

wont argue that. But they also sent people multiple wins off of one entry. Whole system is trash.

and they could still cancel. My order says unfullilled and The charge dropped off my card.

I still think there will be releases at other retailers and SNKRS just like the previous release. Unless Union kept all of the stock and just released it through the in-store and global raffle. Regardless, I expect the same outcome as well.

It more than likely won't be, considering the instore raffle was for one specific County's residents. When this raffle is done, they are all gone, with the exception of any cancelations for multiple orders.

Union killed all of the checkout links that had not been used, yet, at around 9-930am PST. All checkout links are now dead and have been since around that time this morning. Unless they're going to re-raffle those invoices, it's done. I doubt they're gonna do that.
Their most recent IG post comments look just like TRs ever since the TR1 release. Just one flame post after another. Kinda sucks for them that this is what happened, but I guess hindsight is 20/20.

It more than likely won't be, considering the instore raffle was for one specific County's residents. When this raffle is done, they are all gone, with the exception of any cancelations for multiple orders.

Sure the Taupe was Union exclusive. I don't see why the Desert Moss colorway won't be more widely available. AMM had enough pairs to do a second release and for other retailers to get it as well as SNKRS. I would give it a few weeks before saying it won't happen and it's a wrap.

Back
Top Bottom