Air Jordan 4 x UNION LA Thread

No regular person got them for retail at all, influencers, YouTubers & celebs did. The rest were back-doored. The irony of him making a sneaker to commemorate his dad being frozen out, only to freeze out legitimate fans & customers from ever even getting a chance at the shoe is absurd. WORST RELEASE EVER 🤦🏾‍♂️

and nike “cares” about its consumers

Reactions: mkj
No regular person got them for retail at all, influencers, YouTubers & celebs did. The rest were back-doored. The irony of him making a sneaker to commemorate his dad being frozen out, only to freeze out legitimate fans & customers from ever even getting a chance at the shoe is absurd. WORST RELEASE EVER 🤦🏾‍♂️
the most effed up release for sure. I will always give props to AMM. They did it right. They deserve the shoe of the year off the strength of that lol.

meanwhile - we can't even get one

this video is so damming of Union - they can't blame anything but themselves - an employee had to literally put all those in one box and ship them to the same address. This is the sort of stuff that nike needs to crack down on and start taking away their contract for this sort of stuff.

this video is so damming of Union - they can't blame anything but themselves - an employee had to literally put all those in one box and ship them to the same address. This is the sort of stuff that nike needs to crack down on and start taking away their contract for this sort of stuff.

:lol:

Nobody cares fam; none of them (Union, Nike, Jeff Bezo’s, ISIS, COVID-19, etc.).

Not one damb will be given.

You guys do know that chris is his close friend and is sponsoring one of his events right?

:lol:

Nobody cares fam; none of them (Union, Nike, Jeff Bezo’s, ISIS, COVID-19, etc.).

Not one damb will be given.

right?

theres no laws. nike will point the finger at the others and say they can do a release as they wish.

and theyre still raking in money and stock at an all time high. to them, everything is going perfectly.

the only thing that would make a difference is if the resale market collapsed and stuff was sitting on shelves/snkrs

or another ann herbert kid gets caught by the new york times describing how bots work and nike doesnt care. they deny/ignore the presence and effectiveness of the bots, say they are combating it, and keep on keepin on.

they wont do preorders cuz that would tank the resale market and hype.

i resisted bots and hated the bot sellers this long, aint no way im goin to the darkside now.

At the end of the day, Nike got Paid, Chris got paid, manufacturers got paid, retailers got paid. Us and everything else in between ain't no matter.

Reactions: mkj
You guys do know that chris is his close friend and is sponsoring one of his events right?
you do know that is the literal definition of backdooring sneakers.....which imo is the cardinal sin for a sneaker store. Also this is illegal - stores can loose their nike/jb account for doing stuff like that.

you do know that is the literal definition of backdooring sneakers.....which imo is the cardinal sin for a sneaker store. Also this is illegal - stores can loose their nike/jb account for doing stuff like that.
We all know that Union had a F&F allocation. I think of backdooring as selling to folks for above retail and bypassing the regular release channels--whatever those may be for a given store, whether raffle, FCFS, VIP customers, etc. This is squarely not backdooring, IMO. I don't have a problem with Union sending free pairs to people in their network. I'm just disappointed with myself that I haven't navigated my way into that network yet.

If you're friends with Union/Gibbs then you get perks. Do you expect anything lesss? If I was a shop owner and did a collaboration with Jordan Brand, Nike then yes I'm hooking up friends and family. If a VIP customer spends $50K+ at my shop then yes I'm hooking them up. He/she is getting all the limited edition releases. If Lebron wants 20 pairs then he gets what he wants. Just because he's seen in a pair doesn't mean he didn't get multiples. Influencers get pairs because they hype up the releases. The same people that will want to buy it, pay resale...... Just look at the market. We have people that have have no idea what the shoe model is or the history of it willing to pay resale just for the clout. The demographics on these limited edition sneakers is much larger than it has ever been. I grew up in a time, where you could pre-order pairs, pairs would restock on a certain dates then it went to the camping out phase to now all these ridiculous raffles including Instagram and shops using Shopify that, typically, get botted to death except for some recent releases. It is what it is. 'Everyone' on NT should know better.

really curious to see how the moss 4’s look when they beat/worn in

think they got potential

Last edited:
lol. i will not be surprised if the moss hit $300/350 in sz13.

the price is dropping quick. and barely any pairs of gone out.

when the resellers get theirs in, its dropping fast.

No issue with gifting multiples to friends, family, and associates. That's expected and 100% good in my eyes. It's when these get into the hands of cornballs who manage to game the system and get multiple pairs to resell that is the issue (read: Trophy Room).

0DE001AA-EF73-469D-8944-E5325026D65D.jpeg
Just completed my first Tradeblock transaction. So happy to finally have a pair!

lol. i will not be surprised if the moss hit $300/350 in sz13.

the price is dropping quick. and barely any pairs of gone out.

when the resellers get theirs in, its dropping fast.

I think they’re gonna go up in the long run. Even with being less limited than the taupes, globally there really isn’t that many pairs of either shoes outside of the US.

If it came from the stores pairs to sell yeah, they also get pairs for that EXACT reason

Back
Top Bottom