Air Jordan 4 x UNION LA Thread

UnDS at Summer League.
PXL_20210816_235923490.jpg

Just freeloaders or scrubs. If it wasn’t for Giannis, would they be in the NBA? No. They barely play. The chances of seeing them play are as good as winning the Trophy Room 1s, Fragment X Travis Highs……
Yeah, we are all entitled to our opinion for sure but, I always cringe when non-professional athletes call professional athletes bums. In any profession you have levels of skill. And no one is above honest criticism. But, being that we've all picked up a ball but 99% of us are not even good enough to even get a tryout, I personally feel like a hater when I clown someone who accomplished something I tried to do but couldn't. But if you feel comfortable throwing stones, do you. I'm not saying we can't be critical but words like, "bum, garbage, trash, sorry, scrub" etc. just sounds strange coming out of the mouth of a spectator, TO ME at least.

Comedy in here I see. Giannis’ brothers are definitely no where NEAR the level of Giannis. But calling them, still NBA players, bums, is like looking at a picture with Jeff Bezos, Oprah, and Mark Cuban, and calling Oprah and Cuban broke.

But the internet is gonna internet.
Facts. Internet is gon' internet....I like that lol

I made a comment. Doesn’t mean people have to even respond and blow it out of proportion.
You made a comment, which you are entitled to, that allowed other people to reply and comment, which they are entitled to. Not following the logic lol

The wait is one thing…. 6,7,8 months later is bad business.
I disagree. I don't like having to wait but, aren't we all already waiting for shoes that we plan to pay for (possibly resell prices even) once they drop? So what's the problem with pre-ordering? Imagine if brands dropped a catalogue of the upcoming years heat and allowed you to preorder. Let's say Military Blue 4s and Columbia 11s were on the calendar for 2022 and available for preorder this summer. Sample images show the right shape and colors or at least close enough. For a guaranteed retail pair you wouldn't pre-order either of those? With Nikes return policy, I'm in because my only concern would be qc issues. This would also help me pass up on mediocre drops knowing guaranteed heat is on the way. This would also help me wear more of my kicks as opposed to adding kicks to the rotation that just end up becoming trade bait or sold to fund other cops. I would definitely switch to pre-ordering, guaranteed kicks, guaranteed retail, I'd wait a year if I had to depending on the shoe.

I think it’s wrong to take peoples money that far in advance. Preorders should be 3-4 months max. 4 is actually pushing it. Of course everyone will go along with it, so maybe “bad business” isn’t the best phrasing, but it comes across negatively when you really look at it.
They do this in other industries all the time and it is not a new concept to the fashion industry. Mache does it and is successful and I only hear praise from people who've purchased his products. It's all about promise and transparency. If you are transparent with the process and make good on your promise, I see no issue. I pre-ordered the NB x ALD. As long as QC is on point and they arrive by June 1 I'm good. Also, as long as NB doesn't do anything strange I'm the media that would change my opinion about the company and it's products.

I hope you’re right, as I’d have no problem with it. But again, when we’re talking about Tesla or iPhones, we’re talking about items that not only are higher investment items for consumers, but also items that have a lot longer lifespans. There isn’t a new iPhone or Tesla dropping every single week, and individuals aren’t buying multiple Tesla’s and iPhones resulting in collections of Tesla’s and iPhones. Even the people that I know that are diehard iPhone fans are maybe buying a new iPhone once a year. Would Nike/JB make more money if they went the preorder route? Initially I think so. But I think fashion is way too temperamental of an industry to think that pairs are gonna be just as hyped in 8 months every time. I think it would dramatically affect the hype/resell concept, and Nike/JB lives for that stuff. I could maybe imagine them doing this type of a system with a couple pairs here and there over the span of a year, but it won’t be a regular thing IMO. And IMO it definitely wouldn’t be something they do with these unique collabs and such. An iconic Jordan pair/colorway? Maybe. A Union or Trav or Frag or OW? I’d be SHOCKED.
They are too big for it to be a regular thing. But there can definitely be a platform for it in Nike's Marketing Strategy. Hype isn't as sustainable as we think. Nike sold shoes very well long before hype is what it is today. Pre-order can be approached a lot of different ways and I trust Nike to figure out ways that work best for them and the consumer. Nike ID is essentially a pre-order system and it does well. Mache does it. It's possible. I think some of us are over hyping the value and impact of hype on shoe sales. Most of Nikes shoes are sold without a lick of hype attached to it facts

preorders definitely work and the hype could still be there if preorders are done in a super limited window. (but why would we, people who want shoes, even care about hype behind them?)

Back
Top Bottom