Air Jordan 4 x UNION LA Thread

It’s annoying reading Union slander from people who buy basically the same sneaker over and over. At least these are a little unique, there’s some thought and a story behind Unions designs.

EE603570-6A53-4ED1-BDBE-B246A7FA5A75.jpeg
Is this not the same idea of an OffWhite adding a zip tie and Air printed on the side of them though. Trust me, I feel the same way about those XIs also.

Is this not the same idea of an OffWhite adding a zip tie and Air printed on the side of them though. Trust me, I feel the same way about those XIs also.
Which is exactly why people need to fall back on the slander. Virgil went the safe easy route by kinda just copying the same vibe over from shoe to shoe.
Chris at least put a lot of thought into these. The result is a bit jarring at first but there’s plenty of normal 4s out there if these aren’t your thing. Seriously no reason to bash them.

Which is exactly why people need to fall back on the slander. Virgil went the safe easy route by kinda just copying the same vibe over from shoe to shoe.
Chris at least put a lot of thought into these. The result is a bit jarring at first but there’s plenty of normal 4s out there if these aren’t your thing. Seriously no reason to bash them.
Exactly! I have a bunch of regular/tradition (non collab) Jordan 4s, which I totally love, and I’m looking forward to adding these very different Jordan 4s to the family.

I don’t agree. Collabs used to mostly be just different colors and a logo. Retro Plus sneakers are also just different colors of existing models. Off-Whites have pretty unique materials, the writing on the medial side, the quotation marks, the zip tie, oversized swooshes, unique boxes, unique insoles. There’s a whole theme. Considering there’s only so much you can do with well established models, I’d argue Virgil did a GREAT job on his collabs. I believe a lot of the details of his sneakers aren’t captured very well in pictures because of their color. The Off-White 4s looked pretty plain/boring in pics, but in person they’re absolutely beautiful.

I’ll also give Virgil credit for using a few models that weren’t currently hyped, and making them extremely desirable. In particular, his first Presto was a masterpiece. The blazers also stands out to me, to a lesser extent since blazers weren’t AS forgotten as prestos.

Last edited:
With that said, Union Jordan 1s are probably my favorite sneakers of all-time. And as engineer engineer pointed out, it could have been easy for Union to copy their wildly popular theme from the 1s and just use it on the 4s. But that would have been lazy and boring.

It took guts, time, and effort to come up with a new theme. That’s why even though these aren’t as aesthetically pleasing as the 1s, I still really appreciate them.

Last edited:
Here’s some pics of the clothing

I don’t agree. Collabs used to mostly be just different colors and a logo. Retro Plus sneakers are also just different colors of existing models. Off-Whites have pretty unique materials, the writing on the medial side, the quotation marks, the zip tie, oversized swooshes, unique boxes, unique insoles. There’s a whole theme. Considering there’s only so much you can do with well established models, I’d argue Virgil did a GREAT job on his collabs. I believe a lot of the details of his sneakers aren’t captured very well in pictures because of their color. The Off-White 4s looked pretty plain/boring in pics, but in person they’re absolutely beautiful.

I’ll also give Virgil credit for using a few models that weren’t currently hyped, and making them extremely desirable. In particular, his first Presto was a masterpiece. The blazers also stands out to me, to a lesser extent since blazers weren’t AS forgotten as prestos.

That is also not a common for most collabs. Nike just not just started letting designers from collabs to toy with the logo and branding. Pre Ye, they had so may restrictions. To piggy back of what you're saying about Virgil. He was also less is more. Loud and or oversized branding, with a simple deconstruction theme. It looked basic but was a statement. The Union 1s, did the same IMO. These 4s are just an example of why you should strive for less is more.

These look busy.

The Union 4's tounge got me thinking. Whose brave enough to cut the stitching on their Union 1's to see if they unfold to make an ultra high version... :lol:

Last edited:
Someone photoshop the pic above, but have the tag on the tongue be blue, and the jumpman pink (or whatever color Union calls it).

The black tongue-tag looks so outta place...amongst other things. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom