Air Jordan 4 x UNION LA Thread

I’d like to see a XVI.
1615439860441.png

What are the chances you think they will do the II, XIV, or XIX?
These are fire!!

IN

Thanks fam. That was my thinking exactly which is why I was cool with going for these even though 4s don't usually work for me. I thought TTS would work because of how Chris Gibbs had Nike redesign the toe box and the lace crowns are exposed instead of sewn under the nubuck. But the suede us soooo thick on these, like boot thick. Which is great but, with these being a narrower 4 doesn't help for wide footers
Sizing always varies with kicks. People who think every shoe is TTS for every person is tripping. Way too many variables for every shoe to fit every person exactly the same. I'm a wide footer. My usual size for width and length is an 11 across 90% of my kicks and across all brands. Yeezys are different, half to a full size up always. Tried an 11 and they worked, especially with the insole removed and boost underfoot but half size and full size up is way more comfortable. I do a half size down to a 10.5 for air force 1s and chucks and some blazers. For most air maxes (1s, non og shape 90s, 95s, 97s, 98s, etc.) I go a half size up as a preference for all day comfort but I can fit my usual size 11. All for reference.

That being said 4s don't work well for me typically. Sold all of my 4s recently because they were either unwearable in my TTS due to discomfort or too much creasing in .5 size up (save for oreo 4s and dunk from above 4s, great leather on both which helps I guess, I had those in my TTS 11 and I don't recall any discomfort).

I had sworn off 4s which sucks because they're one of my favorite sneakers of all time. But these union 4s really grew on me and I really wanted them. Fortunately, a local boutique had them in stock and allowed me to try these on (shout out Sneaker Legends). They had an 11 and an 11.5 and both were snug on me. I ended ordering a size 12 off GOAT (since they allow returns) which I've never done in any Jordan ever. The 11.5 was THAT snug on me. Hopefully it works out. I'll update later. I know this was basically a novel but, I put all this in here just in case a fellow sneakerhead has a similar dilemma and doesn't want to risk hundreds of $$$ on kicks that don't fit and can't be returned. If y'all got jokes just make sure they funny 😂.
The size 12 definitely works out. I've never gone a full size up on Jordan 4s or any other shoe outside of a Yeezy and one pair of New Balance 993s. The size 12 works. The suede is cut so thick and the shoe is just narrow enough to still hug my foot. The length isn't crazy and the toe box has wiggle room which I like. Even without the laces tied there was barely any heel slip and with the toe box being mesh creasing isn't a problem. My plan is to wear these alot this summer which is why fit means more. So if you are a wide footer and the sizing is a major concern hopefully this helps. Going a full size up may be an option for you. It also might save you some cash because doing a 12 instead of an 11 or 11.5 saved me about $75.

How are you so sure it's a sneaker :nerd:
This has been my exact same thought, since I first saw Union’s announcement about doing all these collabs to celebrate their 30th Anniversary. Sure, technically they have the capacity to do another shoe collab, but they never specify that whatever they’re doing with JB this time will in fact be a shoe again. Could just be another clothing capsule celebrating the Anny. There was about 21 months (23 months if we’re referring to only the global releases) in between the Union 1s and the Union 4s (wonder how off the release timeline was thrown as a result of COVID), so doing another JB shoe this year would be a much faster turn around (would be a MAX of 16 months if you go from the Aug. 2020 Union exclusive 4 drop to Dec. 2021).

I would definitely welcome a new shoe though. Chris Gibbs makes it no secret how fond he is of vintage, classic stuff, and he uses that aesthetic in his clothing, so I’d be shocked that if he does indeed do another shoe, if it’s any model after the 12. If I was to rank what I’d like for him to do it’d probably be the 6, 8, 11, and lastly the 2, in that order. Would love to see his design aesthetic and such on all of these though. Because Travis has done the 6, and is doing another 6 this year, I personally doubt the 6 though.

This has been my exact same thought, since I first saw Union’s announcement about doing all these collabs to celebrate their 30th Anniversary. Sure, technically they have the capacity to do another shoe collab, but they never specify that whatever they’re doing with JB this time will in fact be a shoe again. Could just be another clothing capsule celebrating the Anny. There was about 21 months (23 months if we’re referring to only the global releases) in between the Union 1s and the Union 4s (wonder how off the release timeline was thrown as a result of COVID), so doing another JB shoe this year would be a much faster turn around (would be a MAX of 16 months if you go from the Aug. 2020 Union exclusive 4 drop to Dec. 2021).

I would definitely welcome a new shoe though. Chris Gibbs makes it no secret how fond he is of vintage, classic stuff, and he uses that aesthetic in his clothing, so I’d be shocked that if he does indeed do another shoe, if it’s any model after the 12. If I was to rank what I’d like for him to do it’d probably be the 6, 8, 11, and lastly the 2, in that order. Would love to see his design aesthetic and such on all of these though. Because Travis has done the 6, and is doing another 6 this year, I personally doubt the 6 though.
I’ve never seen JB do a collab with a brand that only involves clothing.

Usually, there is a shoe involved with the collabs

Dont be surprised someday if JB does a collab with Carhartt or Northface. Michael respects blue collar workers and a lot of people in Russia and the Midwest part of the US would like some rugged JB gear to wear to work.

JB and Union had the apparel only collection a couple years back under that Union & Co. thing with various other brands and in partnership with Nordstrom, no shoes involved in that specific collab.

i think social media is pushing hard for a shoe to come out of this upcoming collab but wouldnt make sense with a short turnaround time since the the 4s. id be shocked if there was a shoe involved, but id be a big fan if they worked on the 2 if it leads to us eventually getting a proper retro of the shoe

JB and Union had the apparel only collection a couple years back under that Union & Co. thing with various other brands and in partnership with Nordstrom, no shoes involved in that specific collab.

i think social media is pushing hard for a shoe to come out of this upcoming collab but wouldnt make sense with a short turnaround time since the the 4s. id be shocked if there was a shoe involved, but id be a big fan if they worked on the 2 if it leads to us eventually getting a proper retro of the shoe
Exactly. It just seems way too soon. I hope we’re wrong though, and that we DO get another shoe, but as it currently stands I have my doubts.

Back
Top Bottom