Air Jordan 4 x UNION LA Thread

I’m so effing old at this point lol. I don’t even understand why these are a big deal, other than being limited and difficult to get. Shoes themselves are OK but whatever to me, triply so at these prices. Again, I’m old :lol:

If they released today, no one would bat an eye at these.

Solid shoe, I like mine..but the prices they goin for is wild to me

Counterpoint: Those white/green SB 4s are supposedly the sneaker of the year, but all four Union 4s are better than those.

Prices on regular sizes seem fair to me. Admittedly, prices on sizes 11 and up are way too high, but that seems to be an issue with most sneakers right now.

If they released today, no one would bat an eye at these.

Solid shoe, I like mine..but the prices they goin for is wild to me

Counterpoint: Those white/green SB 4s are supposedly the sneaker of the year, but all four Union 4s are better than those.

Prices on regular sizes seem fair to me. Admittedly, prices on sizes 11 and up are way too high, but that seems to be an issue with most sneakers right now.

All jokes aside and without getting into comparisons with other shoes (many of which also make little sense to me in terms of their status), I've said from the beginning that if these were just released in more typical numbers and without a collab attached to them and were just called, er, reimagined IVs or something like that direct from JB, a lot of people would view them as just some silly and random release concept. It never ceases to amaze me how the human brain is so hard-wired to crave things just because they are difficult to obtain :lol:

All jokes aside and without getting into comparisons with other shoes (many of which also make little sense to me in terms of their status), I've said from the beginning that if these were just released in more typical numbers and without a collab attached to them and were just called, er, reimagined IVs or something like that direct from JB, a lot of people would view them as just some silly and random release concept. It never ceases to amaze me how the human brain is so hard-wired to crave things just because they are difficult to obtain :lol:

People say that about every collab or limited release. And for some sneakers that is certainly true. But I don’t think that’s appropriate on these at all. Union did an incredible job making their 4s very unique (materials, folded tongue, yellow sole + netting, etc) while also still looking great (subjective, but most people seem to agree). That’s tough to do. A lot of sneakers look great but aren’t unique or creative, just a different colorway. Some sneakers are very unique but come out ugly. To create a fresh look on a classic, that is still very attractive, is not an easy feat. THAT is why some of us appreciate these Unions, regardless of stock numbers or resale price.

People say that about every collab or limited release. And for some sneakers that is certainly true. But I don’t think that’s appropriate on these at all. Union did an incredible job making their 4s very unique (materials, folded tongue, yellow sole + netting, etc) while also still looking great (subjective, but most people seem to agree). That’s tough to do. A lot of sneakers look great but aren’t unique or creative, just a different colorway. Some sneakers are very unique but come out ugly. To create a fresh look on a classic, that is still very attractive, is not an easy feat. THAT is why some of us appreciate these Unions, regardless of stock numbers or resale price.

Agree in general, and I'm not saying I think the Union IVs are a bad shoe or one not to be appreciated. Most of this stuff is subjective and down to the individual. I just personally don't get why they're "worth" the wild prices they command, other than their limited availability. But you are of course correct that this applies to loads of shoes.

on any non collab, most of the union releases would be Grade School colorways. It’s the material choice and details that set them apart. And I think they’ve done a great job at doing it. Outside of the the 1s and 4s I still really enjoyed the ajkos and 2s.

UnDSed the taupes too
IMG_8014.jpeg

Can anyone with a pair union off noire they got for retail bless me with pictures of the back of the insoles and insole of shoes I’m a size 11 just trying to run a legit check please 🙏🏽

Back
Top Bottom