Air Jordan 5 "Grape" MAY 4th, 2013 - $160

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is NO major differences between the '06 pair and the 2013 pair. The leather quality is about the same with the '06 being a slightly softer.  And I mean very slight.   The 2013 grapes are the exact same quality of the Fire Red V's that recently released.  I have them both and comparison wise they are great.  I had to go a size down to an 8 instead of an 8.5.  However, its always been this way for me in relation to the V's.  If you liked the Fire Reds you will like these.  
So 2013 Grapes = 2013 Fire Reds

but you have to understand

2013 Fire Reds =/= Any 5's from 06

if u shop with finishline enuff u should have a 20$ rewards ....i use my rewards on all my jb purchases ...and like what was said previous in this thread the price hike is for inflation nothing to do with the materials....if the materials were upgraded this would be a 250$+ shoe
I got my $20 reward for purchasing the Charcoal/Raptor's 7's and I got a $20 coupon in the mail for being a winner's circle member with Finishline!!

I'm so excited that I will be saving $40 and getting these for $125 + tax!!!!

happy.gif
glasses.gif

I got my $20 reward for purchasing the Charcoal/Raptor's 7's and I got a $20 coupon in the mail for being a winner's circle member with Finishline!!
I'm so excited that I will be saving $40 and getting these for $125 + tax!!!!
:D
glasses.gif

Don't think you'll be able to use both coupons.

This doesn't make sense, because there's a difference in the 06 releases and this years. If they're like the fire reds, then they aren't like the 06's, period.
Other than the blue tinted sole the quality of the '13 is no different than the '06.  It makes plenty of sense when you look at the shoe for what it is...a shoe. The 2013 pair does have the twenty thirteen on the inner tongue to distinguish the release year though.  I have both pair and  the Fire Red V's. The leather for the Grapes is the same as the Fire Reds.  The '06 pair leather is softer but not enough to make an all claim that the '13 pair leather is crap.  This is from my hand held observation not some youtube video.  My opinion is that of overall quality not that of a blue tinted sole, slightly stiffer leather or a stamp on the inner tongue.   If you view the aforementioned as major changes then that's your prerogative.  For me its not that serious.  

In my opinion, the blue tinted sole looks nice on this color combination.

It should not be a deal breaker.

Now outside, with the Fire Red 5s, although you can see the blue tinted sole, its not THAT bad, IMHO.

To each his own, but these will definitely be bought in May, DESPITE the blue-tinted sole (that has been used since 2011 btw).

Last edited:
Quality doesn't bother me as long as its not too stiff or it does not fall apart as I wear it then it makes no difference. If I wanted to ball in some kicks then I'd buy KDs or Kobes

They also have an expiration date somewhere close to RD or before... Especially if you got one for the Raptors.

Don't think you'll be able to use both coupons.
They also have an expiration date somewhere close to RD or before... Especially if you got one for the Raptors.
I checked both already. The rewards don't expire and neither does the coupon for '$20 off your next purchase of $100 or more'. The coupon also says that it can be combined with one winners circle reward, but not any other coupons.

This

The blue sole also broke the deal for me. It goes TOO WELL with the colorway. It really takes away from the grape midsole. It makes it look flat IMO. 
You gotta see them in person my dude.  The blue isn't that noticeable on foot and I think the high resolution cameras they use for pics make the sole a lot more noticeable.  Don't pass up on them just yet!  
happy.gif

I checked both already. The rewards don't expire and neither does the coupon for '$20 off your next purchase of $100 or more'. The coupon also says that it can be combined with one winners circle reward, but not any other coupons.
Can't use coupons on these or any other release. And the WC rewards most definitely have an expiration date.

This

The blue sole also broke the deal for me. It goes TOO WELL with the colorway. It really takes away from the grape midsole. It makes it look flat IMO. 

dawg at this point why you even come in the thread??? I mean I seriously legit want to know....

Why not? :rolleyes

I like to see the comparisons and new pictures. Am I not supposed to come into a thread if I'm not going to purchase these?

Niketalk is a shoe forum where people converse their opinions on shoes. This is my opinion, and I'm conversing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom