Air Jordan 5 "Grape" MAY 4th, 2013 - $160

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn.. a lot of hate, fallacies, and anger in hear, and their mad spelling eras still.  To everyone who doesn't see this on a weekly basis.. the people who are telling you "these are light dont worry they will be in outlets easy" are going to be at their 6 computers botted up 1 hr pre launch ready to cop with pre-made brags of how they copped these "mad easy" from walmart or some nonsense.  Idk about the new losers that cop Jordans but for the dudes who have been wearing jordans since the glory days ESP in NY/NJ these are THE Jordans.  Of course there are the collectors and what not who have legit favorites.. but as for the original mass of people who wore jordans bc it was our lifestyle not bc Mac Miller or your boy Justin Beiber was rocking them.. these are instacop.  And now my generation has money? If they EVER made it to an outlet I would stock pile these and have pairs for life. You listen to these kids you will end up with out a pair or without savings.  Even if these are the most general general release ever.. inventory will get bought up and you will pay resale.. Idk why people try to pull this EVERY release.
don't appreciate you calling me loser man

i'm just a young kid trying to get into the sneaker game and build a nice collection eventually and figure a good place to start is a classic shoe like this 
lol don't take that as EVERY young Jordan buyer.. I'm talking about the 16 year old kids that try to tell me about Jordans like I wasn't bagging their mom in a pair lol.. If you are buying these because you like them thats the right mind set but too many kids in your generation are buying these bc they don't want to be the only kid on Instagram Jr without a pair.. THAT is annoying.  Hype should be based on the shoe itself not the hype level of your peers.  You seem to have it right lol with that little bio/explanation.. these were/are my favorite.. I had basketball practice last time they came out and the only kid to get them was the coach's son.. smh.. been wanting them since RD LAST TIME lol.. I hope you get them this go around and don't have to go through that.  Literally every paycheck for like 3 years the first thing I would do would be to go to eBay and try to force myself to buy a pair but the prices were kkerrazay so I had to wait until next time.. aka saturday *fingers crossed*

Okay, just to get everything straight before the release date. The main chains (Foot Locker, Finish Line, and Nike) will be TWEETING a link to purchase at 8 am Saturday correct? I saw Nike said they'll be up on NDC does that mean they also won't tweet the link or they'll tweet the link as well? Also, I went on the "Foot Locker Unlocked" and it said in my local mall the tickets will be distributed on Wednesday May 1st and Thursday May 2nd, this is 100% accurate right? I don't want to be screwed for this release! One more thing, when it says "Whiles supplies last" for the raffles, most likely will the tickets be gone the day they start giving tickets, and do they give out tickets the exact time they open that day in the morning? PLEASE help me out! Thanks.
Only reason for the twitter is NDC. Other places will tweet the link but arent necessary to get to the shoes on the site. FTL/EB/CHAMPS/FA have countdowns on the product page usually day before release. Sure you will find links to all products in here real soon. Best thing for the FL raffle is to call the store and not rely on the website.

oh 5-0.. took me a second to understand that.. I mean you being 158(now) pages into a topic talking about how "hungry" someone else is about the same topic just seems illogical but "only God can judge you." Right?
How u kno I read all 158 pages? Lol... I'm not even sweating the release, or any release I strike out on, ain't something ill lose sleep over, and you'll never catch me paying resell :wink:

Only reason for the twitter is NDC. Other places will tweet the link but arent necessary to get to the shoes on the site. FTL/EB/CHAMPS/FA have countdowns on the product page usually day before release. Sure you will find links to all products in here real soon. Best thing for the FL raffle is to call the store and not rely on the website.
Yeah I'll probably just call and see.

Has anybody ever bought Jordan's on RD from DTLR? I've called a few in my area and all seem clueless as to if they are doing a raffle, tickets or FCFS...

Just got em from my connect. Paid $240. **** it. I'm not gonna deal with the hype and choas early on a Saturday morning. They fit big on me should have gotten an 11 but whatever. They dope. The leather feels nice even for cheap JB leather. Dope shoe glad I got em. My last Jordan for a while
Oh wow your connect got you for $80 over retail...Good pickup though.

On feet

i really want to know what determines how many shoes stores get. Local villa got 16 pairs, Local footlocker got 36 pairs, Champs in a local mall got 22?? dont get the pattern

i really want to know what determines how many shoes stores get. Local villa got 16 pairs, Local footlocker got 36 pairs, Champs in a local mall got 22?? dont get the pattern

The history of the store selling out on release day is a main factor. Once they are continually doing that, pairs start to increase when JB increases pairs for sale. The company that is selling the shoe plays a part. And their history from 12 months prior plays another part. Because of goals, if your store has sold out Jordan's and has gradually been increasing pairs, you can look to the same month the previous year and that store WILL get a higher percentage of total retro pairs, under normal circumstances (no QS or limited regional releases) than they got one calendar year before. There really are a ton of factors. If FNL always has the most in your city, and they aren't remodeling, then they will have the most on this release. If you have an HoH AND an FTA, unless there's something weird going on, the HoH is going to have more pairs than then other FTL owned companies in town. I can't comment on NikeTowns, I don't have one near and haven't talked to their GM's and DM's combined with knowing the numbers of pairs received for each release myself to have a say about that.

A lot of people should be able to grab these with ease. I'm in a small market and one FL got 60 pairs and a footlocker got over 80 pairs. To put in retrospect, these same stores only got 15-20 respectfully of the he got games. The average cat should be good.....even with all of these pairs....nobody still had a size 14. I'm thinking of grabbing a size 13 since these run big.

My finish line already did tickets, ftl and champs didn't pick up -.-, footaction doing tickets 10-6, and DTLR doing tickets all day tomorrow (Plus I'm busy tomorrow) ... I'm screwed
indifferent.gif

:lol: please tell me people don't actually buy this stuff and actually wear it.

Seriously, how long has this been going on for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom