Air Jordan 5 "Grape" MAY 4th, 2013 - $160

Status
Not open for further replies.
seems like finishline might be the best one for online, I been with this thread for like 40 pages and it seems like people are saying there FNLs are getting a lot so I would assume it'd be the same for there warehouse

The thing I am afraid of for FNL is over selling of their stock since they have phone orders and online. With the queue online, I am afraid that by the time I reach the page, they would be sold out already due to the phone orders and the people that got on before. We'll see though.

The thing I am afraid of for FNL is over selling of their stock since they have phone orders and online. With the queue online, I am afraid that by the time I reach the page, they would be sold out already due to the phone orders and the people that got on before. We'll see though.
Is it possible for them to divide the inventory for phone and online? Just thinking..who knows

Last edited:
is there a trick to using the winners circle points on FNL? I would like to use mine before they expire, but do not want to risk missing out....any help?

is there a trick to using the winners circle points on FNL? I would like to use mine before they expire, but do not want to risk missing out....any help?
Once you get past the SPA page , you should have time to enter in the code. You could type it in a word document early and copy, so when it's order time, all you have to do is paste it in...

laugh.gif
Of course these will restock esp when they made a trillion pairs of these.

Im not understanding the huge hype on grapes. I never did. I think alot of it has to do with the catchy nickename. whatevs tho id get them either way, I just hate all the unnecessary hypebeasting for these all the time.

Last edited:
Once you get past the SPA page , you should have time to enter in the code. You could type it in a word document early and copy, so when it's order time, all you have to do is paste it in...
Honestly I wouldnt even worry about trying to apply when you order. You can call and get it applied once your order ships. Heard some getting kicked back to SPA trying to enter the code. Just check out as quick as you can

Im not understanding the huge hype on grapes. I never did. I think alot of it has to do with the catchy nickename. whatevs tho id get them either way, I just hate all the unnecessary hypebeasting for these all the time.
When they released in 06, the cw was just desirable because of the trends at the time. On top of that, the shoes were limited. The thirst has not been quenched for most people. And when lots of people want the shoe, it causes more people to want it too. And the hype keeps building and building. 

When they released in 06, the cw was just desirable because of the trends at the time. On top of that, the shoes were limited. The thirst has not been quenched for most people. And when lots of people want the shoe, it causes more people to want it too. And the hype keeps building and building. 

I know this. I didint get a pair at first and had to settle for a pair of 3m green beans but got them online retail as soon as I got back from the store. That being said, I still dont understand the hype. I dont think the colorway was that trendy. I think it was moreso when the auqua 8s came out that everybody was into that, but either way I personally dont think the hype is really valid on this shoe. people talk like its grail status... honestly.

Last edited:
I don't have a connect but one my homies somewhat does and he couldn't even hold him down on a pair let alone one for me
frown.gif
. My foot locker and foot action are doing raffles today and tomorrow so I'll hopefully try and hit up the mall tomorrow and get a ticket if I can get there on time with my schedule. Man this is a hassle, if that doesn't work then I'll cross my fingers for NDC.
tired.gif

Last edited:
Just lined up at the local Finish Line to get a ticket for my backup pair. I already got one from Sneakerpost for 275. Since finish line did the tickets on a weekday I had to wait til I left work. Came up empty cuz people had been lined up out there since early this morning. This why Sneakerpost gets 275. Someone like me who lives where I live has no chance at getting these at retail. If sneakerpost had another pair my size I would pay them another 275 to get my pairs secured. This lineup **** isnt worth the hassle.

I know this. I didint get a pair at first and had to settle for a pair of 3m green beans but got them online retail as soon as I got back from the store. That being said, I still dont understand the hype. I dont think the colorway was that trendy. I think it was moreso when the auqua 8s came out that everybody was into that, but either way I personally dont think the hype is really valid on this shoe. people talk like its grail status... honestly.
So, what warrants a shoe of being "grail-status"?
Hype? Resell value/profits?

Last edited:
My local FTL, FNL, and FA stores at the same mall are doing something interesting. They're having you line up to get guaranteed tickets to buy the shoes 7:30 am on release day. I haven't heard of any other places doing this, I'm down in MA near Cape Cod btw

or just not caring what everyone else is doing and doing what you want to do. wearing what you want to wear. being who you are.

I mean heck, these rich celebrities are wearing the same shoes we are but I don't see them saying, "im not rocking these black/red XIs because everyone else is."
Agree but I like looking different then everyone else.  Come Saturday there is gonna be 100,000 plus rocking the grapes..  I'll hold off for a few months and break mine out in the summer.  That's all I'm saying.  I don't buy my kicks for the hype like a lot of people do nowadays. 

Last edited:
My bro who works for FTL got my pair on LOCK :smokin

First Jordan purchase of 2013, and after checking the release page possibly my last :lol:

Them Blacktoes tho..

people talk like its grail status... honestly.

What Rock You Been Hiding Under Bruh? :lol:

The Grapes Have BEEN On Most Jordan Heads Grail Lists Since They First Came Out... Especially If You Grew Up Watching Big Willie Freak These With No Laces On FP :pimp:

Not Sure Why This Is Such A Big Surprise For You...

Exactly, these are an OG cw. Some people really love this shoe. This shoe is some people's grails. When they retroed, the cw was trendy with people starting to wear bright, popping colors like pink. People were smoking lots of purple and tying the shoes into it with songs and stuff. A lot of things added to desire for this shoe. Just because you don't really like the cw doesn't mean other people don't. Like I said, a lot of people wanted them in 06 but didnt get them since they were limited. Being limited, they attracted more hype. And the hype never died. 

Agree but I like looking different then everyone else.  Come Saturday there is gonna be 100,000 plus rocking the grapes..  I'll hold off for a few months and break mine out in the summer.  That's all I'm saying.  I don't buy my kicks for the hype like a lot of people do nowadays. 
Feel you, bro. I don't like looking like everyone else. That doesn't mean I don't want people to have the shoes too. People can do whatever they want. That also doesn't mean I only wear my shoes to get compliments and have people check them out. It's just a personal thing. Can't really explain it. And hype is nothing, I only buy the shoes I like and will actually wear. 

I have four tickets in total, two are guaranteed pairs(but not guaranteed size, I never heard of that). I only need two pairs, one for my bro and one for me.

Feel you, bro. I don't like looking like everyone else. That doesn't mean I don't want people to have the shoes too. People can do whatever they want. That also doesn't mean I only wear my shoes to get compliments and have people check them out. It's just a personal thing. Can't really explain it. And hype is nothing, I only buy the shoes I like and will actually wear. 
I hate to burst your bubble but once you buy the shoe(s) and finally wear them, you "will" look like everybody else who also bought them and wore them. You're just doing it on a different day :lol: :rofl:

To each their own though :wink:

Last edited:
I really don't see to many people rockin retros nd I'm in nj we got hella people, don't see how your gonna look like everyone else? looking like evryone else is white air forces

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom