Air Jordan 5 "Grape" MAY 4th, 2013 - $160

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought a shirt earlier today and realized I goes well with the grapes. Didn't even think of it. I just needed something to match my bright green swimming trunks.

Like you said to each of their own, I think all red shoes are just ridiculous, but not ugly, yet still nothing comparing to grapes.

I'd said its a good trade.
If you knew better you'd do better.............An the point at the end of the day was the TRADE! Not what YOU think is "ridiculous" ALOT of people outside the Jordan community mite think purple (grape) an emerald is "ridiculous" on gym shoes.....Thus the reason the 06' was a LS RELEASE not GR because JB second guessed the mass public's appeal!! I remember them being on sale at Academy back in 1990. But to us now they are CLASSICS.......!  MOST people including myself think the XX1 as a whole looks "ridiculous" and "ugly" but if you know your history there is NO WAY a "retro" grape V in 06' is going to compare to the red suede Air Jordan XX1 plain an simple for reasons I already named and that was not a fair trade unless cash was involved! Especially seeing how the Grape V is re-re-releasing(not counting that fusion) in a few months thats suppose to go all the way down to infants ! So getting a pair should be obtainable if the propers steps are taken!!!!!!! I love my Grape V's yellow an all an If he happy he happy but that dont make it a good trade!! An if your educated on subject matters that WAS NOT a smart trade except for the person who got the XX1'S!

Like you said to each of their own, I think all red shoes are just ridiculous, but not ugly, yet still nothing comparing to grapes.

I'd said its a good trade.

If you knew better you'd do better.............An the point at the end of the day was the TRADE! Not what YOU think is "ridiculous" ALOT of people outside the Jordan community mite think purple (grape) an emerald is "ridiculous" on gym shoes.....Thus the reason the 06' was a LS RELEASE not GR because JB second guessed the mass public's appeal!! I remember them being on sale at Academy back in 1990. But to us now they are CLASSICS.......!  MOST people including myself think the XX1 as a whole looks "ridiculous" and "ugly" but if you know your history there is NO WAY a "retro" grape V in 06' is going to compare to the red suede Air Jordan XX1 plain an simple for reasons I already named and that was not a fair trade unless cash was involved! Especially seeing how the Grape V is re-re-releasing(not counting that fusion) in a few months thats suppose to go all the way down to infants ! So getting a pair should be obtainable if the propers steps are taken!!!!!!! I love my Grape V's yellow an all an If he happy he happy but that dont make it a good trade!! An if your educated on subject matters that WAS NOT a smart trade except for the person who got the XX1'S!

I don't understand what you're saying? If you said i was happy then it's a good trade but then you say it wasn't a smart trade? That's obviously your opinion, not an generalization. I mean the red suede XX1s were sick, i remember going around trying to find them when they released. However, I noticed they didn't look so good on me and it was just hard to wear casually. And recently, alot of people have been going crazy about all red suede shoes, that's not me at all. So i figured i would trade for some shoes i would wear. And i'm not the type to complain about materials but the 06 definitely has the upper hand compared to the '13 retros. Now i don't have to worry about copping the '13 since I have the '06. Like you said, it's all about preference. I know we may not ever see the red suede XX1s again, but was there any significance behind the shoe that would make me keep for future reference? I'd rather have someone enjoy the shoe instead of collecting dust in my room. I believe we both won in our transaction.

Last edited:
I don't understand what you're saying? If you said i was happy then it's a good trade but then you say it wasn't a smart trade? That's obviously your opinion, not an generalization. I mean the red suede XX1s were sick, i remember going around trying to find them when they released. However, I noticed they didn't look so good on me and it was just hard to wear casually. And recently, alot of people have been going crazy about all red suede shoes, that's not me at all. So i figured i would trade for some shoes i would wear. And i'm not the type to complain about materials but the 06 definitely has the upper hand compared to the '13 retros. Now i don't have to worry about copping the '13 since I have the '06. Like you said, it's all about preference. I know we may not ever see the red suede XX1s again, but was there any significance behind the shoe that would make me keep for future reference? I'd rather have someone enjoy the shoe instead of collecting dust in my room. I believe we both won in our transaction.
Aint here to argue with you pimpin.....If you happy you happy! Just was saying EYENOE the other person is Happier.....LOL! Mite not be today, tomorrow, or next year.....But 1 day you gone look back an say u should have waited til May! As the quality on the 06' just mite be inferior ala.....(Fire Red) Mars an Mili....4's were WAY better last year than in 06'! ..IJS.......But do you!!

Last edited:
Everyone praying for better quality, but the quality on these will be just like the FRV's... Actually last year the quality on the white leather IV's got a lot worst each release from WC4, to Military4, then to FR4.

I wonder if it will be harder to get this release then it was to get the 2006 retro.... In 2006 the mall I went to only 1 store got them in small quaintity me and the other 2 people I went with got our size.. The game has changed since 06 just curious to see what it will be like trying to get these this time around...

Last edited:
This will be Hypebeast shoe of the year mark my words! All the teens will be on these with their snap backs

These and the VIII aquas if they come out

I remember those were easily attainable and the price wasn't that high on the resell market, then Kanye started to wear them and the price jumped $100...for kicks that crack badly after only a few wears :smh:

i want to know which good quality of the 06 pair yall speak of cause they will crease easily, i have a pair and thx to force fields and cleaning then after every wear they are holding up good

USUALLY when a shoe creases easily that means it has a softer leather, in most cases soft leather = better quality1

^^^^ Mines are holding up after various wears with minimal creases.... All shoes crease that's just what it is lol... Unless you plan on walking like a duck to prevent it

I find the constant quality debates hilarious. Here's my thing: when I played hoops in 8-14 OGs, the quality wasn't very good for basketball. They were Jordans, but there was early toebox separation on numerous pairs I had (namely IX and XIII). My Cherry XII's midsole leather bled all over the place making the white upper a nasty light red (same thing to a lesser degree on the XIII). The foam teeth on the XIV? Almost immediate separation followed by chipping.

I loved Jordans but even during those days it was apparent they were better to rock casually than play basketball in.

Today the materials being used are of lesser quality, which is pretty standard for most mass produced sneakers from Nike, Adidas and Reebok. People think these new lightweight materials Nike BB uses are for performance, but they're just as much to cut costs. Less leather means cheaper plastics and synthetics and higher profit margins. Leather costs way more today than it did a decade or two decades ago.

So when I'm casually rocking Jordans now, do I need them to have quality that is on par with what it was 20 years ago? Experience tells me no. Harder leather with a synthetic clear coat on top doesn't bother me because as I've casually worn the shoes they haven't fallen apart or even creased in any ugly way. For casual wear my experience is that most retros hold up well and even better than OG pairs when I factor in how I was using them then vs now. Other than the 2006 Military Blues I don't have one retro in my collection of 60+ that has quickly started to break and fall apart on me.

Defects from the factory are another issue, but that's been an issue of quality control since the original days too! Why did MJ have all his once-worn pairs made special in a separate factory? To ensure him better quality pairs than the public was getting.

These FR and Grape V's look good, and they're comfortable (granted I always use my own inserts). Is it full grain, top quality leather? Nope, but I don't see that adding anything to the life of a casually worn shoe like this. These will last as long as I plan to wear them and they will for most people!

Didn't bother trying to get these last time they dropped because of all the hype plus the fall/winter season but I'll definitely get these this time around. Actually I'm more excited for the other fire reds coming out since I sold my pair 2 years ago, doubling up on those for sure. Hopefully they drop the black metallics again with durabuck because I destroyed my pair from 07.

IMO
1. Black metallics = fire red (red midsole)
3. Grapes
4. First fire red

here it is, these were all from an "outlet"

Last edited:

Aint here to argue with you pimpin.....If you happy you happy! Just was saying EYENOE the other person is Happier.....LOL! Mite not be today, tomorrow, or next year.....But 1 day you gone look back an say u should have waited til May! As the quality on the 06' just mite be inferior ala.....(Fire Red) Mars an Mili....4's were WAY better last year than in 06'! ..IJS.......But do you!!

So you're saying I shoulda kept my XX1s to collect dust and wait til May to drop $160 + tax for a potential-inferior pair of grapes? Lol I think I did the smarter thing and saved myself some $$$

Same leather as the Fire Reds that just dropped and while I don't think these will see the same numbers as those I don't think they will be that hard to get.

I think the numbers will be the same as Fire Reds but the demand will be slightly hire than the Bred 11's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom