Air Jordan 5 "Grape" MAY 4th, 2013 - $160

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few things CitySole is taking preorders if you have the money and don't want to wait. My priorities are too tight to pay what they are asking.

Second, I do give mad props to the younger kids working. However, there is nothing wrong with giving your children the life you didn't have. It doesn't have to be on Paris Hilton's level, but providing for them more than I had is a goal of mine, as long as they are raised with some respect, morals, decency. (and I was still blessed enough to have my mom get me a few Jordans until I started working). As I am older now I know the love/extra work/hours that went into that. (don't have kids yet)

Lastly, no one ever talks about the time of year Jordans come out. What I'm thinking (praying for) is the younger crowd is saving money for school trips, proms, summer vacations, as well as their parents. It maybe beneficial that these are coming out in the summer, but would be better in June.  

Last edited:
These will be like the bred 11s and 88s. They always sell out immediately when they restock and sold out in seconds when they first released. Can you pm me to see where the preorder is?
Imma try hitting up sole awesome for mine. sneaker spy had em for cheaper but now they're sold out

these won't be difficult to cop.  there is some hype to be sure but honestly this is not one of the most popular jordans, not to the extent of the 11, or even 13HGG.  the hype seem to be generated by people who have been collecting for a few years.  most of the new heads(who make up a huge portion of today's consumers) aren't buying into the hype as much.  they are probably more intrigued by the black grapes.

these won't be difficult to cop.  there is some hype to be sure but honestly this is not one of the most popular jordans, not to the extent of the 11, or even 13HGG.  the hype seem to be generated by people who have been collecting for a few years.  most of the new heads(who make up a huge portion of today's consumers) aren't buying into the hype as much.  they are probably more intrigued by the black grapes.
The problem is you can't underestimate any release or you'll get burned now a days. Everyone thought the Royals wouldn't be too hard a month out, same with these Black/Gold 1's and if you think these don't have a lot of demand be careful...

This post made me 
laugh.gif
. Keep believing what you just wrote if you want to buddy.

^^^^ I don't agree with anything in chihua's post, but that's your opinion and that's cool.

I am ready to get my hands on these. These are one of the very few models that are not an 11 and carry the hype and bring the ruckus like an 11 release does. I don't think anyone posting on this website should be going in on a pre order though. Even though these are hyped to the max, they are a full on GR with big numbers. But the people that have to worry in that situation aren't the dudes picking up a new pair of shoes every month (and multiples almost every week for a lot of us here, myself included lol) and posting in a Jordan Brand sneaker forum. If you're in here then you are exposing yourself to a wealth of knowledge and options for getting a general release retro jordan. Half the people going after these haven't bought a Jordan since Dec 21, 2012 and before that it may have been Dec 23, 2011...IF they got lucky rushing a store front and actin a fool. They don't remember the raffles or what to do, much less that soleheaven goes live on May 3rd after work. We have way too many options to be the people succumbing to a resellers insane price for these. If you don't think this shoe is hype as all get out the you were not buying Jordan's in 2006. These were an LS release and had less pairs than this release will have, but this release was the Concord release before the Concord's happened. So they are definitely wanted by the general public. Just enter some raffles, give yourself a few online options and you should be more than capable of grabbin a set of these.

The problem is you can't underestimate any release or you'll get burned now a days. Everyone thought the Royals wouldn't be too hard a month out, same with these Black/Gold 1's and if you think these don't have a lot of demand be careful...
Royals only because they turned out to be limited.  It's as if JB realized the demand just wasn't there.  Same with the Black/Gold 1's.  I didn't pick up either of the shoes.  Didn't even want to try.  Only 1's I want this year are banned 1's and black toe 1's.

I'm not underestimating grapes.  I think grapes may be kind of like the cool grey 9's(not quite as bad but you get my point) where certain people were expecting hype but it just wasn't close to what was expected.  Point is, these should be available to those that want them.  You still need to do your homework and be ready to buy on release day, but this is not going to be difficult.  Again, not comparable to 11's or 13HGG in my opinion.

This post made me 
laugh.gif
. Keep believing what you just wrote if you want to buddy.
well i don't even want these shoes so more shoes for you guys.  my favorite 5's are the fire red and metallic.  a lot of the people who buys jordans still prefer models which jordan himself made famous.  when i think of grapes i think of will smith and i ain't buying jordans for memories of fresh prince, as much as i enjoyed the show.

i think some of you also underestimate the buyers who are looking to cop that don't spend their spare time on niketalk.  these "casual" heads still know about these releases and make up a huge portion of jordan's sales.  grape is not on the top of their priority list.

YES IT IS! Owning a pair of these is most definitely near the top of most every regular customer of Jordan Brand. Have you been living under a rock dude?? What planet are you on that people are not thirsty for grape 5's lol? And I'm not talking about people on this forum, this shoe is a "grail" to the hypebeast generation.

Banned 1's will never have a retro. Never. You want black/red 1's. Not the same term. What you're doing is the same thing as me calling the metallic 5's the bin premio 5's.

Your assessment of the demand for these isn't an opinion unfortunately, the demand is a known fact. And you are very far off on what the real demand for this shoe is. Good luck to all NTers that want this shoe.

Last edited:
YES IT IS! Owning a pair of these is most definitely near the top of most every regular customer of Jordan Brand. Have you been living under a rock dude?? What planet are you on that people are not thirsty for grape 5's lol? And I'm not talking about people on this forum, this shoe is a "grail" to the hypebeast generation.

Banned 1's will never have a retro. Never. You want black/red 1's. Not the same term. What you're doing is the same thing as me calling the metallic 5's the bin premio 5's.

Your assessment of the demand for these isn't an opinion unfortunately, the demand is a known fact. And you are very far off on what the real demand for this shoe is. Good luck to all NTers that want this shoe.
I have to agree these shoes are up there to the average consumer. Waiting in line for the black toe 13's on RD people already were talking about the grapes at 2 different spots I went to as their next pick up. Definitely not flying under the radar. Just wait till about a week and half till the drop he'll see the demand gearing up lol 

i wished they used the leather they used for the fire red 4s from last year. IMO that leather was solid and didn't have that shine and plastic look :rolleyes

I don't understand why people are still trying to sell the 2006 version for $400+. Listings for these that weren't BIN have been selling for way less

Last edited:
what's crazy to me is that I live in Japan and even Japanese people will camp 4 these. I swore up and down that they weren't big on Jordan's. and then I witnessed it lol

I don't understand why people are still trying to sell the 2006 version for $400+. Listings for these that weren't BIN have been selling for way less
The same reason people try and sell the bred 4s from earlier for more money. If they can get it they will take the extra money. I would personally rather have the newest shoe possible. I don't care if it was part of a CDP or anything like that.

Last edited:
Ive found one legit Instagram seller that has them for $275, just cant justify spending that much right now.

I say at least give retail a try first

edit: But i do know where you're coming from.. it's gonna be a hassle

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom