Air Jordan 5 "Grape" MAY 4th, 2013 - $160

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd cop just for $200 like a week before if you trying to skip the hoards. Resell on these will most likely be like the white cement 4s of last year imo

275 ain't bad to avoid the headache of release day.
I say at least give retail a try first

edit: But i do know where you're coming from.. it's gonna be a hassle
Ive been lucky with copping the last few releases that I actually wanted but it is the hassle and worry if this time may be the one you dont get and really want. The people that say "Easy cop" and what not, im not sure how its gonna be an easy cop its more like luck of the draw.

YES IT IS! Owning a pair of these is most definitely near the top of most every regular customer of Jordan Brand. Have you been living under a rock dude?? What planet are you on that people are not thirsty for grape 5's lol? And I'm not talking about people on this forum, this shoe is a "grail" to the hypebeast generation.

Banned 1's will never have a retro. Never. You want black/red 1's. Not the same term. What you're doing is the same thing as me calling the metallic 5's the bin premio 5's.

Your assessment of the demand for these isn't an opinion unfortunately, the demand is a known fact. And you are very far off on what the real demand for this shoe is. Good luck to all NTers that want this shoe.
Again I disagree. You're speaking from your niketalk perspective. People outside niketalk and SC aren't nearly as crazy about these shoes. A lot of Asians are happy with their Rukawa 5's. I just think for it to be a big release comparable to 11's and HGG it has to appeal to everybody and there are clearly people like myself who plan on passing these.

Again I disagree. You're speaking from your niketalk perspective. People outside niketalk and SC aren't nearly as crazy about these shoes. A lot of Asians are happy with their Rukawa 5's. I just think for it to be a big release comparable to 11's and HGG it has to appeal to everybody and there are clearly people like myself who plan on passing these.
You must live in bumf*ck nowhere? In Chicago the Grape 5 is the next big shoe coming down the pike period. You have no idea what you are talking about dude.

This shoe is a must cop for anyone around 28 and older. The newer generation is all about "Space Jams" and "He Got Game"s. Grapes at one time were very rare and super expensive to buy from a reseller.
And its not fair to say nobody else cares about them besides NT and SC bc they will never have the chance to get popular amongst non sneakers heads; these will never hit shelves and be available for regular people to shop for. They will be in a pile behind the registers for about 15 minutes on release day before they are all sold.

This thread gets funnier every day.... I wonder if anyone else feels in limbo with these watching Jordan play debates and etc.

This shoe is a must cop for anyone around 28 and older. The newer generation is all about "Space Jams" and "He Got Game"s. Grapes at one time were very rare and super expensive to buy from a reseller.
And its not fair to say nobody else cares about them besides NT and SC bc they will never have the chance to get popular amongst non sneakers heads; these will never hit shelves and be available for regular people to shop for. They will be in a pile behind the registers for about 15 minutes on release day before they are all sold.
so myself being 27 don't count? I agree these will sell out but I think there will be enough for everybody. These will still sell out just not the same way as the bred 11 and HGG like we have recently seen. And I'm certainly not "next generation" but I still like space jam and HGG. I just don't like shoes that Jordan didn't make famous on the court. And I know plenty who feel the same way. We will find out if these match the bred hype soon enough.

You must live in bumf*ck nowhere? In Chicago the Grape 5 is the next big shoe coming down the pike period. You have no idea what you are talking about dude.
not everybody lives in Chicago. It's funny you have to resort to assuming someone lives in bum**** nowhere to justify why someone is not feeling these.

I'm not though. I am speaking of the popularity of anyone going to buy a new pair of shoes. I have 4 friends that will be entering raffles with me and lining up if they need to, that currently own ZERO Jordan's. They've been asking me about these since they heard me say something last year. You are apparently blind to the fact that you really are the only person that shares the opinion you keep giving. Do you have a twitter account? Do you buy shoes in store, or watch YouTube videos? I don't even agree with the poster above that the new generation isn't drooling over this shoe. Everything I see on IG, YouTube, and twitter shoe related has everyone and their dog excited for this shoe releasing again. Why do you think presales for a high volume GR are a "find" for less than $300? Go to eBay completed listings and just look for yourself at what this shoe goes for the majority of the time. It's a lot. I have said I am talking completely independent of NT, SC, or any other sneaker enthusiast opinions. I'm talkng about the general public that comes out for every 11 release. These will be the same. And like I've already said, you obviously were not around for the 2006 release of this shoe. If you were there would be no denying its insane popularity. That is the only retro JB release before 2011 that is even comparable to what we see now. And that's not just an opinion or coincidence. And for me, this is just a discussion with differing views, not some big argument or personal attack that needs to go to PM's. I think it's important for readers here to know what I strongly believe to be fact about the demand for this shoe so that they are not misinformed. I hope everyone that wants this shoe here in this community is able to get their pair(s). We will have a lot of chances since this release has worldwide demand and our favorite overseas shops will have pairs available for us.

Son has to be trolling 
laugh.gif

I think this is the biggest release of the year compared to anything else being offered by JB/Nike? All will show up to cop although they are not "sneakerheads" ...most americans are just consumers at heart...they will be lined up for these in hope to "not miss out".... of course all the sneaker enthusiast will be out there...but this release has the same potential as Christmas XI release.

Its Hilarious to me how these are going to be such a "crazy" release when they sat on shelves back in the day. I guess thats the game for u

so myself being 27 don't count? I agree these will sell out but I think there will be enough for everybody. These will still sell out just not the same way as the bred 11 and HGG like we have recently seen. And I'm certainly not "next generation" but I still like space jam and HGG. I just don't like shoes that Jordan didn't make famous on the court. And I know plenty who feel the same way. We will find out if these match the bred hype soon enough.
Come on man, my quote,"...around 28 and older" lol And I haven't seen anything match the bred hype. Personally I don't really like the patent leather on shoes. All I'm saying is grapes were some pretty hard to find, expensive resold kicks and they won't be anywhere long.
As for the Space Jams, I like them too but some of these cats bought 2,3,4 pairs like it was water in a drought. I tried to buy them on the restocks but I'm not paying over retail. I may pay a reseller for the grapes if I can't get them bc I like them that much.
I was a Knick fan growing up so I could care less what Mike wore on the court. Lol Im more of a fan of the OG shoes than of him...although I do "like" him as a player lol

I think its just a matter of taste/time... people thirst for Laney's too and those sat as well. Honestly, I'm sure that some people will want these just for the hype, but I can speak for myself in saying that even though I own a pair from 06 (went out of my way a few years back to find em) I'm gonna try to grab these too...
Its Hilarious to me how these are going to be such a "crazy" release when they sat on shelves back in the day. I guess thats the game for u

I havent really been following the thread like i should but wanted to say while on my lunch break I found these at a boutique at the Green Aces Mall (NYC). I suck at giving reviews so wont say much other then that they look good!

I havent really been following the thread like i should but wanted to say while on my lunch break I found these at a boutique at the Green Aces Mall (NYC). I suck at giving reviews so wont say much other then that they look good!

How much were they?

I agree with chihuadog

While these are special to us shoeheads... That doesn't necessarily mean the general public will go nuts. Similar to how the oly 6 were crazy hyped, ended up being a gr, very easy to acquire, and then restocked after that.

They'll still sell out... Every shoe sells out... But to think riots are about to happen lol you guys are flat out wrong

Anyone have comparison pics of these & the 2006 version. I saw the one video blacksanta made comparing the two, but other than that I haven't seen any comparisons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom