Air Jordan 5 "Grape" MAY 4th, 2013 - $160

Status
Not open for further replies.
God all these sneakheat release posts repeated AGAIN in this thread. Search sneakheat and you'll get all the info you need from the first go round 2 months ago. Pairs were under retail bc it was their advertising. They called it a marketing expense. There were 40 pairs being sold on a big cartel site to over 10,000 people trying. Obvious issues are obvious. Pairs looked fishy last time, same ones this time. Don't waste your time tryna save $10-$20 on some fugazi on a site that requires 10,000 times more luck than JJ or queenz.

FNL here would normally have the most pairs, top 15 store in the company. But they're starting their V6 format remodel Monday so they won't have these on RD. City just missed out on 150+ pairs til the grand opening.

And people posting the last few pages have no idea about how reselling works apparently. These aren't going to be priced to sell to NTers that buy 20+ pairs of shoes a year. This shoe is popular with EVERYONE and 80% of people who will consider resell have no clue of restocks or that the shoe will ever be available again in any manner. Resellers aren't going to price these where the restock hopefuls want them to be. This shoe is a GR that will carry a substantial resell value and NTers holding off for restocks are not going to affect the speed at which these guys shoes go out the door at hefty profits. These will be absolutely nothing like fire reds on the resell market. What an absolutely ridiculous thing to even think, let alone post. You're delusional if you think this shoe will be had for $200 under normal circumstances or that any reseller is going to have to drop to some near retail price to move Grape 5's. This shoe is a cash cow for anyone with any knowledge of shoe releases and how to get multiple pairs, without any connect or hook up at all. It is perfect for making money... High quantities available but still nowhere near enough to meet demands. Quantities available at almost all retailers to bypass the 1 per person wall (which can be done online a bunch of other ways anyway). Retail is not $200 like an 11 or 88 wc3 or other shoe with crazy hype to the general public, leaving higher profit margins. There are a ton of reasons that make this shoe the perfect storm for even a first time reseller.

Went to Pentagon City Mall today saw a line developing at champs found out they were doing grape V tickets jumped in line got my ticket to gurantee my pair...I'm so stoked now I don't have to worry.

God all these sneakheat release posts repeated AGAIN in this thread. Search sneakheat and you'll get all the info you need from the first go round 2 months ago. Pairs were under retail bc it was their advertising. They called it a marketing expense. There were 40 pairs being sold on a big cartel site to over 10,000 people trying. Obvious issues are obvious. Pairs looked fishy last time, same ones this time. Don't waste your time tryna save $10-$20 on some fugazi on a site that requires 10,000 times more luck than JJ or queenz.

FNL here would normally have the most pairs, top 15 store in the company. But they're starting their V6 format remodel Monday so they won't have these on RD. City just missed out on 150+ pairs til the grand opening.

And people posting the last few pages have no idea about how reselling works apparently. These aren't going to be priced to sell to NTers that buy 20+ pairs of shoes a year. This shoe is popular with EVERYONE and 80% of people who will consider resell have no clue of restocks or that the shoe will ever be available again in any manner. Resellers aren't going to price these where the restock hopefuls want them to be. This shoe is a GR that will carry a substantial resell value and NTers holding off for restocks are not going to affect the speed at which these guys shoes go out the door at hefty profits. These will be absolutely nothing like fire reds on the resell market. What an absolutely ridiculous thing to even think, let alone post. You're delusional if you think this shoe will be had for $200 under normal circumstances or that any reseller is going to have to drop to some near retail price to move Grape 5's. This shoe is a cash cow for anyone with any knowledge of shoe releases and how to get multiple pairs, without any connect or hook up at all. It is perfect for making money... High quantities available but still nowhere near enough to meet demands. Quantities available at almost all retailers to bypass the 1 per person wall (which can be done online a bunch of other ways anyway). Retail is not $200 like an 11 or 88 wc3 or other shoe with crazy hype to the general public, leaving higher profit margins. There are a ton of reasons that make this shoe the perfect storm for even a first time reseller.
Exactly, these will not be had for cheap (< 240) in the aftermarket. There are a ton of pairs and a more demand. I don't know how anyone can count or restocks either since they are so random and people have other commitments school, work, family and banking on a random restock is so much harder than doing the work on RD. 

There will be A LOT of Grape V's for sale, dont worry people

but the black pair on the other hand......

Last edited:
There will be A LOT of Grape V's for sale, dont worry people

but the black pair on the other hand......
OH god, thats gonna be a nightmare...you should've heard the dudes I was in line with..." I'm gonna wearing one white on the left & black on the right....be in the club straight graping on these ****" hahaha it was a good laugh while camping out though...alot of positive energy always makes camp outs cool.

sucks for me cuz my champs is doing FCFS at 10:30am on wednesday -_- i got school so I might have to resort to the retailers websites on release day...I got a question about finishlines site tho, on that 30 second count down page, when it finally lets you in are you free to take your time?? or do you have to get in in your cart ASAP like nikestore dot com

Just got my ticket for these today. 
nthat.gif

sucks for me cuz my champs is doing FCFS at 10:30am on wednesday -_- i got school so I might have to resort to the retailers websites on release day...I got a question about finishlines site tho, on that 30 second count down page, when it finally lets you in are you free to take your time?? or do you have to get in in your cart ASAP like nikestore dot com
They selling early or you talking bout tickets? If its raffle tickets it dont matter when you go as long as you get one. I made it by five minutes the last time and won. I wouldnt take my time once FNL let you in. It will send you back to the SPA page if you take too long

Finally back in the game through Finishline after a month of their lame checkout system. These WILL be copped through Finishline this Saturday.

They selling early or you talking bout tickets? If its raffle tickets it dont matter when you go as long as you get one. I made it by five minutes the last time and won. I wouldnt take my time once FNL let you in. It will send you back to the SPA page if you take too long
my bad i meant my champs is doing guaranteed tickets on wednesday , i wish they did it today.

Can someone explain to me why stores do FCFS but they wanted to eliminate camping in the first place? isn't that the same ****....

oh ok. Dont understand the point of guaranteed tickets. Just as much chaos as doing FCFS. 
exactly what I was thinking, my area isn't tooo too populated tho so I have no idea why they would do tickets instead of just RD morning, no shot my parents would let me skip school to stand in line and hope there isn't three people in front of me getting a ticket for size 13, my champs has no 14s -_-. really banking on footlocker to do a raffle now..

Last edited:

Repped. BubRub speaks the truth

Woo-woooooooo!!!!!

One of the reasons was to stop the robberies and thefts. The thought was that if you get a ticket before release date, then you dont have to be a target when store opens up. You can come whenever you want and buy them instead of being sitting ducks in a line 

That FNL, I posted a pic of, got 225 pairs. Well over 100+ people in line for their wristbands, they all got one, and there is still pairs left. I have never witnessed one of our stores receiving over 60 pairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom