Air Jordan 5 OG “Black Metallic” Returning 2025 !

Yawn. Where are the black tongues and grapes?
I feel this. I love the Black Metallic 5s, but have the 2016s (which I don’t wear all that often as it is), the Black AMM 5s, and the OW Muslin (Black) 5s, so don’t need these at all (even if the shape is closer to the OGs).

I just need JB to hurry the hell up and give us the Grapes in properly shaped and Nike Air fashion! I’d also love another pair of the the Laney 5s (they’re not a NA pair, but perfect nonetheless IMO) perfectly shaped. My two favorite 5s of all time.

I’m probably the only person hoping for no 23. For folks saying it’s too soon..I mean it’ll have been 9 years. I’d say they’re actually overdue. Last retro wasn’t that good either.
23 or no 23 I’m meh about, but I do agree with the last sentiment. Passed in 2016 cause they were bad to me and I had already been fooled once by the 2011 pair 😂 so as the saying goes right… fool me once…

Anyway, in for 2 if done right or even CLOSE to right. In order, I’d say I care about shape, materials, then branding (Nike Air). Love BM 5s, easily the best 5, over the Grapes, BT, and FR. Also pre-aged or not, idgaf, two pairs.

I don’t get the “these dropped not too long ago” posts/comments on IG when it’s been 6 years since BC 3s yet those were celebrated. 2016 BM is as atrocious a retro as the 2018 BC IMO. And yes, I saw someone ask if white laces were the move, I’d definitely put in white laces in one of my pairs.

A little off topic but I hope they retro the LeBron 15 in the BM LeBron Watch color way as well 🤞🏼

Will buy everytime they release. I dont care

100% agree with this

Black/red 1s, white cement 3s, black cement 3s, white cement 4s, black cement 4s, black Metallic 5s, black/infrared 6s, Bordeaux 7s, aqua 8s. . . I may be forgetting a pair or two but everytime they release them, as long as they don’t deviate too far from the original release, I will grab it. Every single time.

3cf1c6d2c9c98ed4828b1423d05d4d548035c057-1070x760.png

Come this October these are dropping as a reimagined retro..
jordan-1-black-toe-reimagined.jpg

Wondering if the '25 blk/met Vs will be a reimagined as well.
Just thinking out loud, but if they are, I hope they dont put that pre-yellowed vintage bs on the finished product.
23 on the side with white laces, and yellow soles.

I’m obviously in for probably multiples but I will say I’m surprised at all the 2016 retro slander. The ‘16 isn’t perfect but they are far from trash. They got some notable things right on that retro besides just the NA IMO, mainly the materials. The faux durabuck that JB used on those and a few other remastered OG retros at that time (Aqua 8s, Bordeaux 7s) was money. The edges have the grey/white lines and my pair at least actually has a contrast heal collar. Not as prominent as the OG but it’s there. I hope they use the same upper materials from the ‘16 pair on this new pair. They don’t need to change that. Also I really didn’t have too much of a problem with the ‘16 shape because previous retros were much, much worse. All they need to do to this new pair is slim the ankle pods, slim/slant the toebox and matte the 3M tongue. That’s it. If they want to tweak the shape slightly for an even more OG look then I’m all for it but I hope they don’t get too cute with the materials trying to do too much. Excited for these but at the same time my ‘16s aren’t going anywhere lol.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom