Air Jordan 5 OG “Black Metallic” Returning 2025 !

Black 5s with white laces probably the only mistake Jordan ever wore on the court. Can’t recall if he did any lace swaps after that.

There are some weird lace swap ideas on here

SoleByThePound SoleByThePound with red laces on true blue 3s calling them “Piston 3s”

noblekane noblekane wanting to put red laces on powder blue 9s and calling them “From UNC to Chicago”

Blue Mamba Blue Mamba wanting to put the round fat laces from 11s on Lost and Found 1s calling them “Lost And Found And Round 1s”

Last edited:
2016 toe shape wasn’t great but it’s been worse on all 5s since then. Even given recent improvements to 3s, 4s, and 13s, blindly assuming this 2025 release will be better than 2016 is a huge leap of faith. Plenty of other Jordan molds are worse now than the dark days of 2006-2014.

2020 FR > 2016 BM

Given the improvements on 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/11/12/13 (soon to be 14 with the Black Toes maybe?) I’d say it’s more of a teenytiny leap of faith and more so 20/22 vision as opposed to blindly. :lol: And I’m not saying ALL of them are PERFECT but they’ve all seen improvements over previous versions.

Also, which models are worse now in your opinion? Genuinely curious..

There are some weird lace swap ideas on here

SoleByThePound SoleByThePound with red laces on true blue 3s calling them “Piston 3s”

You’re going to need to provide some receipts because you’re clearly confusing me with some other NT’er. I’m not saying someone hasn’t made that statement before, but it surely wasn’t me. I would never lace swap a Jordan, that’s a bamma trait.

2020 FR > 2016 BM

Given the improvements on 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/11/12/13 (soon to be 14 with the Black Toes maybe?) I’d say it’s more of a teenytiny leap of faith and more so 20/22 vision as opposed to blindly. :lol: And I’m not saying ALL of them are PERFECT but they’ve all seen improvements over previous versions.

Also, which models are worse now in your opinion? Genuinely curious..
5, 7, 12

1s have also gone down hill since the 15-17 ‘remastereds’

Last edited:
2016 toe shape wasn’t great but it’s been worse on all 5s since then. Even given recent improvements to 3s, 4s, and 13s, blindly assuming this 2025 release will be better than 2016 is a huge leap of faith. Plenty of other Jordan molds are worse now than the dark days of 2006-2014.

This is exactly what I was saying a couple of pages ago.

If they were your first Air Jordan, what was wrong with the shape?

Were the fire reds a better retro than the 16s or same?

My 16s netting has yellowed although soles still fairly clear. These actually sat in UK I got them 4 weeks after release

Back
Top Bottom