Air Jordan 5 "Oreo"

$180 sure beats the over $200 price tag on most sites, even if it was $180 and $10 shipping it'd be cheaper than an actual reseller since a lot of people didn't get raffle tickets and had to stand in line. $10 - $20 is a fair profit if the guy is trying to be fair and not rape you with the price.

Nevermind... I guess OP was talking about dude trying to charge $180 for a GS size 7.

Nevermind... I guess OP was talking about dude trying to charge $180 for a GS size 7.

Ohhh, forget that, I'd rather find a better deal or pass. Has OP checked Ebay? I found a pair 7 GS for $160 shipped, I'm not sure if OP is strictly trying to stay within the $130 figure ballpark.

Ohhh, forget that, I'd rather find a better deal or pass. Has OP checked Ebay? I found a pair 7 GS for $160 shipped, I'm not sure if OP is strictly trying to stay within the $130 figure ballpark.

Not sure... That's why I told him I'd check a couple of my local stores, because I might be able to scoop a pair up at retail for him

Last edited:
Not sure... That's why I told him I'd check a couple of my local stores, because I might be able to scoop a pair up at retail for him

I found an Ebay auction, brand new size 7 gs for $130 plus shipping, but no one is bidding yet and it ends Friday the 6th.

Last edited:
I found an Ebay auction, brand new size 7 gs for $130 plus shipping, but no one is bidding yet and it ends Friday the 6th.

I found am Ebay auction, brand new size 7 gs for $130 plus shipping, but no one is bidding yet and it ends Friday the 6th.

@gunitg23 There's one option my dude... I'll let you know later today if any store around me still has them

Last edited:
I just got my pair for £100 :tongue: . I've never owned a pair of 5's but honestly, I think they look great. Due to the color being neutral, they go with literally anything.

That's why I doubled up I gotta pair that I'm wearing now with strictly jeans because of winter and my DS pair for when the weather gets warmer and use that pair with mostly shorts and all that its worth it no regrets for sure

I always only double up on kicks that I like because I know that if I like a shoe that much its only a certain amount of time before 1 pair turns into a beater I always get a back up pair so 6 months to a year after release I bring out a fresh pair and don't have to pay reseller price to get it again i have 10 pairs DS of doubles of a kick I like I wear all my shoes not a collector here
I still dont get the notion of "doubling up" especially if you buy shoes on a weekly/bi weekly basis...i too "wear" my shoes but it takes me a year or so just to get a 2nd wear on a pair that i have so unless you ball in them or beat them up in 1 night i cant see the reasoning to buying 2

I still dont get the notion of "doubling up" especially if you buy shoes on a weekly/bi weekly basis...i too "wear" my shoes but it takes me a year or so just to get a 2nd wear on a pair that i have so unless you ball in them or beat them up in 1 night i cant see the reasoning to buying 2

If you read ny2jerz ny2jerz last few posts, he had mentioned that he doubles up on shoes he likes because he has a 35+ shoe collection I believe? He doesn't buy every shoe that comes out, only the one's he likes. So I'm assuming he doubles up on the shoes he likes so after about wearing them for about six months to a year or more, he can put them away and bring out the brand new fresh pair and once again include it in his current show rotation.

If you read ny2jerz ny2jerz last few posts, he had mentioned that he doubles up on shoes he likes because he has a 35+ shoe collection I believe? He doesn't buy every shoe that comes out, only the one's he likes. So I'm assuming he doubles up on the shoes he likes so after about wearing them for about six months to a year or more, he can put them away and bring out the brand new fresh pair and once again include it in his current show rotation.

I agree with doubling up though I double up on things that I like and anticipate being worth more in the future, so I can use as trade bait if need be. But if worse comes to worse I have a fresh pair three or four years later.

I agree with doubling up though I double up on things that I like and anticipate being worth more in the future, so I can use as trade bait if need be. But if worse comes to worse I have a fresh pair three or four years later.

If I had the money, I'd definitely double up on everything I like because ny2jerz ny2jerz has a good plan in place. We think the same in that regard, just that I'm unable to do it. At the moment, these Oreo's were a general release, but who's to say down the line they're a limited release? Then it isn't as easy to cop the shoe you once loved. But I don't agree with doubling up for the sake of it if you don't like the shoe, unless you know the majority of people love them, then it has great resale and trade value.

I double up on kicks I like cuz if I rock 1 pair in rotation with other kicks I can rock it for about a year untill it turns into a beater so a year or so from now I can pull out a fresh pair when everybody and their mama not rockin it as much and so I font pay re sell price I always only double on kicks I like cuz I have every intention on rockin my kicks

Financially with my work also I'm juss able to afford to double to the point where its not hurtin my pocket or I regret it

Last edited:

Good Lookin out Chi nailed it on the head couldn't say it better my motto is "I buy shoes I like not shoes that's hyped""

If you read @Ny2Jerz last few posts, he had mentioned that he doubles up on shoes he likes because he has a 35+ shoe collection I believe? He doesn't buy every shoe that comes out, only the one's he likes. So I'm assuming he doubles up on the shoes he likes so after about wearing them for about six months to a year or more, he can put them away and bring out the brand new fresh pair and once again include it in his current show rotation.
This is what I tend to do. For example, I doubled up on the Steel X's. Fresh white and black pair of Jordans, from in my opinion one of the most comfortable line of Jordans. I've made the first pair one of my go to shoes for any occasion. And in the back of my mind I can remember that I have another pair to unbox in a few years after this first pair's old and crusty lol. I don't do it with every shoe obviously, so it's not really a huge drain on my bank account. Thinking about doing the same for the AJ1 Banned when they drop at the end of the month. As long as you're not doing it on every shoe you buy I don't see a problem with it.

Last edited:
Good Lookin out Chi nailed it on the head couldn't say it better my motto is "I buy shoes I like not shoes that's hyped""

Thanks man, I was just trying to give some insight as to why some people double up, well the good reasons why some people double up like you do.

Went to Dadeland Mall yesterday and these were sitting everywhere...

But dudes in here are sayin they sell for $250 on eBay! look if you like the shoe then so be it. It's a nice shoe minus the white sock linear. I feel like people in this thread just try to hype up their purchase just so they don't feel bad they are still in stores.

Thanks man, I was just trying to give some insight as to why some people double up, well the good reasons why some people double up like you do.
Wish I had money to double up. Atleast I got money now to buy whatever release I want though unlike before. Which is why I couldn't cop Breds, Concords, or Chicago 10s which I'm currently hunting for a DS pair

This is what I tend to do. For example, I doubled up on the Steel X's. Fresh white and black pair of Jordans, from in my opinion one of the most comfortable line of Jordans. I've made the first pair one of my go to shoes for any occasion. And in the back of my mind I can remember that I have another pair to unbox in a few years after this first pair's old and crusty lol. I don't do it with every shoe obviously, so it's not really a huge drain on my bank account. Thinking about doing the same for the AJ1 Banned when they drop at the end of the month. As long as you're not doing it on every shoe you buy I don't see a problem with it.

There you go somebody gets it

I have substantial amount of money saved up over the past few years, enough to pay my bills, buy shoes when they drop, and not be broke. I would love to double up on every shoe I like (I don't buy every release, cause I don't like every release lol) but if I did that it'd hurt my pockets a little more. It's a really smart idea to double up on the shoes you love, I wish I could do that. But, until I can, I'll play it safe and buy one at a time in case there's two shoes in the same month I like. Once I start working my career and make real money, I'll definitely be doubling up every shoe that I love. I'm not really feeling the leather of the Taxi's or the Gamma Blue 11's so I'll probably cop releases I missed out on, like the Toro Bravo 4's, both the Bred and White Cement Retro 89' 1's or whatever is available and I like for the right price.

I agree with what you said sbout the steels ...one of my favorite shoes I doubled up on are my white cement 4s the shoe is so crisp basic it pops and stands out I had to buy 2 white black grey simple enough I had these two shoes almost 6 months and I'm still rockin the first pair freshly andn have a DS pair in the bacck

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom