Air Jordan 5 Retro 'Fire Red' 2013 Vol: No 23

WOW! It will not have the 23. Guess they changing it up from the original. SMH
I looked in to it, I don't think the original OG 5 (V) White/Black - Fire Red that were released in the stores had the 23, they were released along with the black and red in February of 1990.  The 23 version that was released in stores came out later that year in November of 1990.

http://www.sneakerfiles.com/air-jordans/jordan-5/air-jordan-original-og-5-v-white-black-fire-red/
[h2] [/h2]

Just opened mine up too. Jumpman is straight, no complaints here. They are a little roomy, but nothing to be too concerned about.

got my pair but whats wth the complaints? my have to check them over. they seemed good to me

The jumpman being off center...I can live with. It's just that scratch that really bothers me. But, hey. I paid $0 so it's worth it.

Glad I didn't pass on these!

Last edited:
A dude I know wants to trade my pair of these Fire red 5's for some deadstock Olympic 6's. Considering how easy people are finding these I may just make that trade and pick these up again on a restock. Should I do it?

A dude I know wants to trade my pair of these Fire red 5's for some deadstock Olympic 6's. Considering how easy people are finding these I may just make that trade and pick these up again on a restock. Should I do it?

Yea, if you want the OLY 6's. you can pick these up again for sure at retail.

I would definitely do it quick before he sees how easy they are to get.

Feel bad for dudes who paid over retail for these. These were every store in the mall I went to Saturday afternoon.

Pairs up on eastbay now.

& $166.95 shipped :pimp:

gave in a copped a set to keep after selling my rd pair...... thanks to future

JB should be cutting you a check ,sending you free retros early or something :lol:

Thanks CC!

Oh how I wish.

I just love taking pictures of shoes.

Could do it as a job be happy.

Wait till you see my Royal 1 pictures.

Already know how I'm a setup the backdrop.

:D

Last edited:
These are SOOO clean. I think might be my first pair of v's. Easily one of my favorite shoes ever already. If they hit the outlets and I scoop another pair it would be wonderful. Theyre just beautiful

Future's pics lookin like straight fire as usual. Good work bro.

As far as the shoes, I saw some GS pairs at the mall and peeped the leather.. was disappoint. :smh: Wouldn't mind a pair though. Maybe when I get some more guap I'll cop some for retail. Resellers had to have got to these classics.. can't wait for them to fall on their faces. :tongue:

Another victim of the off centered jumpman.. :smh:

What size are all the ones with the discrepancy?

I have some DS fire red black tongues, so decided to do comparison pics..

just got back from local spot , and these are sitting. Owner said they will hit sales rack eventually.

Will cop then

:smh: at that off centered jumpman

Yep, off centered on the left shoe.

But not too bad.

Don't think anyone will notice really, maybe now, but I didn't notice before.

:rolleyes

On another note, I'm happy the box ACTUALLY fits the shoes.

Seems like the box the 5s in 2011 came in were mad small compared to the shoe itself.

Finally got home from class.

I can't complain one bit about quality. I'm a fan of the stiffer leather, in the long run it just creates a more durable wear. My pair were slightly bigger than TTS, but not worth sizing down. I'll just rock 'em in some elite socks like all of my J's. 

No off center Jumpman, no extra glue. Overall I am extremely glad I copped and I'd love to double up on a restock. I'm 10X more impressed with these than the XIII's release this year. Other than my box top being a little creased 
laugh.gif
 100% glad to have these. Cosign with everyone else who got a renewed love for the V's with this release. 

Also likin' the "TwentyThirteen" stamped on the tongue leather 
nthat.gif

What's this 'TWENTYTHIRTEEN' stamp I'm reading abput?!?!?!
Its a stamp or whathaveyou thats inside the shoes. Cant pinpoint, cuz I havent looked honestly. But I believe it's to differentiate between fakes/b grades/authentic pairs.
Correct me if I'm wrong anyone.
I asked this in the grape thread because I plan to cop early.

Its stamped in the outer side of the tongue on each shoe
photo someone posted earlier:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom