Air Jordan 5 Retro 'Fire Red' 2013 Vol: No 23

Had them in my hands this week but passed. They look kinda cheap material wise to me this time around. I never had them OG so there is no nostalgia either. I can understand why people want them though. Still a nice looking shoe.

My students rock these. I'm honestly glad I passed. 

January version with the grey tongue looks better to me. 

My students rock these. I'm honestly glad I passed. 

January version with the grey tongue looks better to me. 
Michael Jordan wore them too. I guess he's pretty lame  
eyes.gif

What's the quality like on these? Really on either pair that released in 2013, Black or Grey Tongue? I have the opportunity to get both from over in the UK (My cousin said he saw both versions at a store over there yesterday, and a pair of Grapes too in fact) and i'm wondering if its worth it to have him pick them up for me. I haven't ever had a pair of Fire Red V's so i'm just wondering if they're any good. I've seen people rocking the recent releases and they look nice, but how do they hold up and are they comfortable?

Sorry for the late bump, but I just purchased these last night. Is it pointless to buy sneaker shields for 5s? It should prevent that crease further back in the toebox, but since this shoe is going to yellow, maybe I shouldn't worry about it.

I wouldn't worry about it bro. Like you said, they'll be yellow by the time they're all creased up anyways

Last edited:
Thanks guys.

I can get a sweet deal on black tongue 5s. But I am normally a 10 and this deal is 10.5. That much of a difference?

Thanks guys.

I can get a sweet deal on black tongue 5s. But I am normally a 10 and this deal is 10.5. That much of a difference?
Maybe. I've found the V's this year to all run true to size, so that extra space may or may not be ok.

I really like my Fire Reds.  Used them to shovel the snow yesterday.  They are pretty good at removing that hard snow/ice from the driveway.  

I went with my true size (12), and I definitely could have gone 1/2 size down.  There is extra room in the toebox, width is just right.

Still looking for a pair.

However, looking at resell prices, I'll most likely cop down the road.

They're evening out around the $225-$240 price range.

I really like my Fire Reds.  Used them to shovel the snow yesterday.  They are pretty good at removing that hard snow/ice from the driveway.  

I went with my true size (12), and I definitely could have gone 1/2 size down.  There is extra room in the toebox, width is just right.

WT......?!?!?! Who rocks J's to shovel snow?

WT......?!?!?! Who rocks J's to shovel snow?

Long ago, dudes used to wear Jordans for whatever reason. This is before they became some sort of upper echelon type of shoe.
I used to wash my car in Steele Xs because I hated how they squeezed when walking and they became beaters.

Back
Top Bottom