Air Jordan 5 Retro 'Fire Red' 2013 Vol: No 23

Damn I want these.  But somehow I know I'll be unenthusiastic about the quality and end up selling them a week later like I always do.  Damn shame too....these are my favorite Jordan model/colorway.  Should've NEVER sold my '99s.  
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif

why dont ppl like the stiff harder leather? serious question i love the wc4 leather and hated mb4 that soft stuff or w.e. they used creased instantly and i hate lookin down seeing that 

why dont ppl like the stiff harder leather? serious question i love the wc4 leather and hated mb4 that soft stuff or w.e. they used creased instantly and i hate lookin down seeing that 
I can only speak for myself, but hard and leather shouldn't go together when talking about sneakers.  It isn't like this new hard leather is an innovation from JB to help stop creasing--they do it because it costs a lot less than using quality materials.  More $$ for them.  And it really doesn't stop creasing--it just makes the creasing look ridiculously unnatural and more noticeable, IMO.  

The irony of all this crease talk is that it really intensified once Nike/JB switched to using crappy materials.  Yeah, back in the day you wanted your shoes to always be fresh, but you didn't use Force Fields to delay creasing.  That's because all shoes crease and when they did, it looked normal and natural because decent quality leather was used.  Wearing a sneaker 20 times and having the toebox look fresh out the box isn't natural lol.    

And the most obvious part of not liking hard leather is comfort!  If I'm wearing something for X hours a day, I don't want it to bend like cardboard on my foot.  Soft leather is much easier on your dawgs.  

^^^truth! Real leather creases people!

With that said.... I still want these lol. Only because its my fav Js ever. Ill probably pass on everything else JB this year, unless maroon 6s drop.

Game time decision for me. Already got the CDPs on deck so I ain't even tripping.

Last edited:
^^^truth! Real leather creases people!

With that said.... I still want these lol. Only because its my fav Js ever. Ill probably pass on everything else JB this year, unless maroon 6s drop.
Wait what, when did rumors of the Maroon 6 come out?

That's reasonable i just wanted someone to explain rather then state whats been said before and kinda nag you know?  I dont even try on my shoes with out force fields personally I just hate creases I dont even walk with the natural roll we are supposed to. Call me crazy but thats just what I do but confort is never a issue with me if the shoe fits I'm fine with it but again this is just me. I find it interesting how everyone has a certain way they feel about the issues (yellowing,creasing,etc) but sometimes we act like they're not people out there who care as much they occur. But thanks for shining light on a subject I think just gets spammed but never really addressed.

can't believe I didn't know these were releasing this weekend. I think I might've missed the raffles if they were any. Will try to walk in and buy, and if not, moving on.

these should be easily had, was able to secure 3 pairs at Footlocker. one for me and the rest for fellow Nters

Me and my girl both won the raffle from finishline greatmall today both pairs are size 9.5. It's either the hype is low on these, we just got lucky, or their getting a lot of pairs. I'm glad I won from FNL because I got a giftcard and a couple $20 WC rewards. Plus no shipping either from ordering online. Only thing that sucks is that their only doing an hour pick up window from 8am-9am.

Of course we all want real leather. IMO its like your baseball glove when you were a kid. You spent hours breaking that thing in, working on the leather, getting it nice and soft and ready for the games. You didn't want the stiff, cardboard leather. Same can be said about the shoes. Is that too much to ask?

Anyone else having trouble turning on Mobile Notifications on Twitter for the Niketowns? I keep clicking "turn on mobile notifications" but it doesnt seem to be working properly. Usually dont have this problem with releases.

Anyone else having trouble turning on Mobile Notifications on Twitter for the Niketowns? I keep clicking "turn on mobile notifications" but it doesnt seem to be working properly. Usually dont have this problem with releases.

Check your setting notifications... See if its showing up there. If not, try to unfollow then follow again.

Check your setting notifications... See if its showing up there. If not, try to unfollow then follow again.

seems like theres a problem with my twitter account. just created a new one for the mobile notifications and it seems to be working correctly on that account. hopefully everything goes smoothly later today. Thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom