Air Jordan 5 Retro Grape NRG - Fresh Prince

How long till we get the Hancock black toe 1s

Attachments

• 106279F2-E5FD-421D-BC3F-137995DC1470.jpeg
    106279F2-E5FD-421D-BC3F-137995DC1470.jpeg
    365.2 KB · Views: 71
If I get a pair. I’m taking them to a professional shoe shop to punch holes through them. F all that noise. JB wildin!!

These look stupid without the laces, especially with that shape. The OGs could get away with it because the toebox was sleeker.

Regardless, the Nike Air Grapes are a grail of mine so they’re a cop for me. Taking a exacto knife to the holes and copping some lace locks as soon as i get them. The only people that will rock these without laces are cornball dudes who want to dress just like Will did in the first season of that show.

It will take more than just punching lace holes in the upper. You'll have to unstitch the tongue from the sides of the upper just to get at the lace holes. Once you do that it remains to be seen if those sides will still hold together without that tongue stitch. If its a separate thread then it should work. Additionally the eyelets aren't plastic like the original and previous retros. Who knows how that material will behave with laces running through them. You'll have 14 holes to make on each side if you want it true to the original. Who knows if you'll even be able to get to the very first hole at the bottom by the tongue.

Then at the end of the day, will you be happy having to fix something Nike/Jordan decided they didn't want to do? Hard to say for me at least. Sure Nike Air would be on the back but the cost and hassle to add the laces seems like a pain in the butt.

IMG_1966.jpeg

37964763_252288352164470_6717002214386171904_n.jpg

Last edited:
It will take more than just punching lace holes in the upper. You'll have to unstitch the tongue from the sides of the upper just to get at the lace holes. Once you do that it remains to be seen if those sides will still hold together without that tongue stitch. If its a separate thread then it should work. Additionally the eyelets aren't plastic like the original and previous retros. Who knows how that material will behave with laces running through them. You'll have 14 holes to make on each side if you want it true to the original. Who knows if you'll even be able to get to the very first hole at the bottom by the tongue.

Then at the end of the day, will you be happy having to fix something Nike/Jordan decided they didn't want to do? Hard to say for me at least. Sure Nike Air would be on the back but the cost and hassle to add the laces seems like a pain in the butt.

IMG_1966.jpeg

37964763_252288352164470_6717002214386171904_n.jpg

Still id give it a try, it would make a nice project with a rewarding payoff. It’ll be more satisfying than buying the 2013 grapes with that rock hard pleather. The sides should still hold together and cutting the stitching of the tongue from the laceholes area shouldn’t be that difficult. You can also use a dremel with a small head to speed up the process and drill the holes in, which would be a easier way to go about this.

Reactions: ARK
My guess is if you go thru with the hole punching, you would have to be very cautious with tightening the laces, may just have to let em rock loosely/lightly tightened

Was the last retro that bad Lol?
The leather on these don't look much better

I think.

Im not about to go down that hole here with certain people here lurking around

Im sure itll come up if you search for it

lets just say, its not good

what the ****
fresh prince clearly has lace holes in that pic and they go and do this bull ****???

Reactions: ARK
Back
Top Bottom