Air Jordan 5 Retro Grape NRG - Fresh Prince

20180925_182703.jpg

No, don’t try to make excuses for this @&$!

It was a corny idea and he’s trying to save face, that’s not genius. And if you’re wondering if I’m a little salty because he chose to pull this gimmick garbage with one of my all time favorite shoes in my favorite colorway, yes I’m salty.

I hear you my man. It's a classic shoe. It hurts to see classics messed with. I get that. I had that same feeling with the flyknit 3s.

Frank Cooker is a genius. He designed some shoes that people will talk about if the owners decide to punch holes in them. It's like a shoe with an option for laces. He essentially designed shoes that people aren't just gonna wear, they are easily customized to your liking. He hid the real grape 5s in a Fresh Prince disguise. It's like an easter egg in a shoe! Pure genius.

38A306E4-60AB-45AD-9E4A-7C966A1A23CF.gif

It’s funny the designer is telling ppl to customize the shoes l, he even did his own custom. This lets me know it’s encouraged. I’m going to wear these 3 -4 times a year anyway

Anyone else here own the Adidas Run DMC Christmas in Hollis Superstars? They come laceless (Run DMC rocked their shelltoes sans the laces for all you youngens) with an inner sock to hold the tongue down, but also come with laces in case you prefer them that way. Too bad the Fresh Prince 5s don't have such an option too. So easy to implement.

Frank Cooker is a genius. He designed some shoes that people will talk about if the owners decide to punch holes in them. It's like a shoe with an option for laces. He essentially designed shoes that people aren't just gonna wear, they are easily customized to your liking. He hid the real grape 5s in a Fresh Prince disguise. It's like an easter egg in a shoe! Pure genius.

This is kind of deep, not sure I agree but I appreciate the positive, cup-half-full mentality.

i looked up the length of the laces 5's take and i got 2 answers, can someone actually grab their stock V laces and measure them so i know im buying the right length? if so, thank you so much!!!!

what i found was 54 and 63 inches, but i wanna know what nike sends with them!

OG height is 63 inches. You can use 54 inches if you don’t lace them all the way up.

i looked up the length of the laces 5's take and i got 2 answers, can someone actually grab their stock V laces and measure them so i know im buying the right length? if so, thank you so much!!!!

what i found was 54 and 63 inches, but i wanna know what nike sends with them!

It appears Frank didn't hole punch the very first hole in these. Its way down at the very bottom. I'm wondering if its not possible then to punch that one out. I marked it below in red.

Screen Shot 2018-09-25 at 8.33.22 PM.png
Yes this right here. I was wondering this as well. They wont look right starting too high....

Last edited:
Hecka tight and not feeling how resrictive they are mid foot. Otherwise liking the og look

Attachments

• A59F6269-5CD4-4C2A-9095-BB5E03C1EA1F.jpeg
    A59F6269-5CD4-4C2A-9095-BB5E03C1EA1F.jpeg
    240.8 KB · Views: 63
  • 4CA6C69F-AEE4-414D-83EF-618087590AD2.jpeg
    4CA6C69F-AEE4-414D-83EF-618087590AD2.jpeg
    212.1 KB · Views: 48
Back
Top Bottom