Air Jordan 5 Retro Grape NRG - Fresh Prince

Kind of wish I got a second pair of these

for real me too!! Passed on so many opportunities tooz

and to think I was once going to get rid of them for waaay under retail

0C08A070-FBC0-43D9-8512-5B1FF1211EB2.jpeg

I thought these were actually a pretty fun little project. The modifications couldn’t be any easier to do. Honestly surprised so many people skipped these over something that can be so easily fixed for about $15 and 20 minutes of time.

The toe shape on these is trash though.

AAAAAGRRREEEDD. The toe shape is bad especially compared to the 20 Fire Red.

My enthusiasm for buying Jordans is pretty much dead these days.

I still have the pair from 09, and they were one of my most worn pairs until the midsoles started crumbling about a year back.

A decade ago, I used to be able to get almost anything online. Last pair I've managed to get were the What The IVs from late 2019, and I think I must have just got extremely lucky there. Struck out last year on the Red 14s and the Grape 5s, and these got stuck in pending on SNKRs.

This just isn't fun anymore.
Ya. The sneaker lottery. Snkrs is class A trash
Yeah man I cant lie if they weren't so cheap I would not have gotten them. It's a pain in the *** measuring up the holes and stuff buying laces and a hole punch then waiting on everything. Plus the tongue is super fat it's really stupid. They're definitely pretty nice retro compared to most the 2018 releases but the 20 Fire reds demolishes these. I want that black tongue so bad with Nike Air and the 20 Fire red shape 🤤
Yeah these were the 2018 special edition pair. I just punched the lace holes and unstiched the tongue from the sides of the shoes. They're really cool but I wouldn't pay the asking price for a DS pair.
I thought these were actually a pretty fun little project. The modifications couldn’t be any easier to do. Honestly surprised so many people skipped these over something that can be so easily fixed for about $15 and 20 minutes of time.

The toe shape on these is trash though.
AAAAAGRRREEEDD. The toe shape is bad especially compared to the 20 Fire Red.

ALL of THIS is hilarious, because I STRICTLY came into this thread to say the shape on THESE, was GARBAGE. It's the MAIN reason I PASSED on them.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

ALL of THIS is hilarious, because I STRICTLY came into this thread to say the shape on THESE, was GARBAGE. It's the MAIN reason I PASSED on them.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
They bad but not as bad as the previous retros. Plus I wasn't going to pass up that price for Nike Air Grape pair. I mean shape on the Metallic 5 is the same as these and I own those too tbh. I wish they didnt retro the best pairs with bubble toes.

That's what happens when remastering = slap NA on the back and the best ones happen first. It took a few tries before we got V's and III's the way we did last year. Look at the difference between the first remastered WC IV in 2015 and the BC in 2019.

Very annoying if you have them all too because they're not the same next to each other and takes away from the feeling of having both in 2000 (IV's and V's).

FINALLY! Snagged a worn pair for under retail off the bay. Punched the holes myself. Soooo much better than the 2013s. Soft, comfortable leather + nike air trumps all the gimmicks. Also, half sized up to 12 and these fit just like my 11.5 2022 green beans. They're clearly longer but they really padded and strapped these up. (selling my worn green beans for the low if anyone wants)

1687649706430.png

Congratulations brother well deserved. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone do a ranking list on Vs. Here’s mine:
OG
1) White Fire Red
2) Black Metallic
3) Grape
4) Black Tongue
Retro
1) DJ Khaled Crimson Bliss
2) DJ Khaled Sail
3) Green Bean
4) Raging Bull Red
5) Alt Bel Air

i would of hooked you up, the holes came out flawless also,! ill post pic .

What did you pay shipped?
Just under retail for $180 shipped, spent $7 on the hole puncher. Been looking on and off over the years for an 11.5 or 12, this was one of the only times I saw a pair either size that wasn't beat and under $200.

pic will be at a later date, i cant find them and dont wanna dg through shoes for an hour or more, gotta wait a few days!lol

Back
Top Bottom