that 91 og looks so durable.. looks a touch bullky
but i love the material for the 00 VI
wish the 2010 black v red VI was the same material as the dmp 6
They are durable.  Mine are still standing... of course, I never wear them
laugh.gif

your og carmines are icier than my cdp pair
tired.gif

I love nicekicks because of their comparisons and articles like this

The originals are just gorgeous. The leather, the 3m, the GLOWING infrared.

The 2000 retro was definitely different, but still beautiful.

The 2010 retro.....eh.....i guess an icy sole makes up for a sloppy representation.

What do we get out of comparing and complaining about quality then and quality now? Obviously the originals were better. Duh, wouldn't you put out a top notch product the first time around? Makes perfect business sense. Look at the Lebrons. Shoes with yellowed bottoms look like crap anyway. Should have worn them when you still could have. Sea glow them!

My '91s are so faded (i guess) that they look kind of pink. Leather definately different.
versus 2010 on right...

Great to see post with all 3 in good shape.

Originally Posted by thebeast23

the OG's DID NOT HAVE 3M!!! LEARN YALL MATERIALS 
mad.gif
well what was that material that shined when the light hit it?
you know? the little small circles behind the perforations?
was it glass?
IM PRETTY SURE THE OGS DID HAVE 3M! LEARN YOUR MATERIALS!
mad.gif

my bad i thawt u was talkin bout the whole back heel cuz i heard ppl say thatas 3m cuz it shined in the light...i didnt catch that under the perforations...my baaad 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by stevesteve72

Originally Posted by thebeast23

the OG's DID NOT HAVE 3M!!! LEARN YALL MATERIALS 
mad.gif

roll.gif
63e36fad3cf927d3ee4431da3fe3c89a6f850d1c.gif

sumbody said the whole back heel was 3m while the front was durabuck...tahts wat i was referring to...but i never even noticed the 3m on the inside. that is a nice touch tho

Is there a reason that JB continues to use suede on retroes instead of nubuck? They have to know that nubuck looks 100 times better....

Is there a reason why JB continues to use suede on each retro? They have to know that nubuck looks 100% better....

Originally Posted by ThaKingOfATL3

Is there a reason why JB continues to use suede on each retro? They have to know that nubuck looks 100% better....

I dont think JB has a clue about whats lookin good anymore, they dont have to, everybody will still beast as long as they see a jumpman

Thanks for your patience.

The material on the shoes is Nubuck leather. This is a Full Grain leather that has a really fine, buffed surface. It’s like they took 320 grit sand paper to the top of the leather to give it a nice, soft nap.

If you have any other questions please feel free to email me back.

Have a great day!

Best regards,

Jennifer
Nike.com

yuku blunder

Thanks for your patience.

The material on the shoes is Nubuck leather. This is a Full Grain leather that has a really fine, buffed surface. It’s like they took 320 grit sand paper to the top of the leather to give it a nice, soft nap.

If you have any other questions please feel free to email me back.

Have a great day!

Best regards,

Jennifer
Nike.com

Neither Retro has the 3M underneath the ankle panel, and for that reason the original is STILL THE BEST. Very big difference to leave out of both Retro's imo

2010s are totally gorss. A poor mans Varsity Red VI, hehe...

Back
Top Bottom