Air Jordan 6 DMP "Black/Metallic Gold" April 18, 2020 | Price: $200

I might argue it has more to do with the fact that the new crowd had no idea what the DMP package meant. The hype behind it. The “grail” status it held for a long time.

For a lot of slightly older heads, these meant something. To most of the new crowd it was an all black 6 with some gold on it.
Or it’s just the fact that these shipped out to retailers and then released right when the country shut down for at least a month (depending where you were living) for COVID and stores had them sitting in their stockroom until they reopened…how does nobody remember this?

Or it’s just the fact that these shipped out to retailers and then released right when the country shut down for at least a month (depending where you were living) for COVID and stores had them sitting in their stockroom until they reopened…how does nobody remember this?

Thus the reason I mentioned the push backs. I really don't think it was because the newbies didn't know what these were. We hear about new releases at least a year out. These were supposed to drop January 2020 but didn't until April 18th, over a 3 month span. So the history was there and hype definitely had time to build. The hype train just moved on. Crazy and funny thing too is The Last Dance first aired on April 19th, the day after these released.

I remember because all these dropped within the first 5 months in 2020...

My post via IG...
Screenshot_20220317-090022_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20220317-090030_Instagram.jpg

Thus the reason I mentioned the push backs. I really don't think it was because the newbies didn't know what these were. We hear about new releases at least a year out. These were supposed to drop January 2020 but didn't until April 18th, over a 3 month span. So the history was there and hype definitely had time to build. The hype train just moved on. Crazy and funny thing too is The Last Dance first aired on April 19th, the day after these released.

I remember because all these dropped within the first 5 months in 2020...

My post via IG...
Screenshot_20220317-090022_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20220317-090030_Instagram.jpg
mess out on those 4s :blush:

Man those things were sitting. I looked not long ago and they were like 400 lol. That's just how 4s are nowadays though. All expensive.

Yeah I was gambling on them dropping in price. They were definitely sitting when they initially released. Waited too long and they dried up.
I cashed out at the right time. Lampstone and Hammer had a 20% discount. Ended up paying $189... Sleepers for sure...

These haven't gone up to a crazy resale price, I think that's the main thing that says people are sleeping.
They're going for 400+ in most sizes. I'd say that's kind of crazy considering there wasn't a ton of interest in these when they came out just a couple of years ago.

It really just seems to be a 4 thing though. All of them up there.

Back
Top Bottom