Air Jordan 6 OLYMPIC JULY 2012 Now with Photos!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by BigWorm

I don't think these will be Concord hard to get. A lot of people will probably be broke after June with everything that's dropping, lol.

%!*# forreal tho, alotta people will go bankrupt during june/july lol

Originally Posted by HustlinFlip

What are you guys happy about?

I've hardly ever argued about quality (I just choose to not purchase so I can avoid the ultimate disappoint that would ensue).

Yes, they're retro-ing BUT...

- Midsole change (already pointed out)
- Crappy leather and quality (if you've never owned or had the chance to see and feel the quality of a pair from 2000, I expect you to be happy with anything.)

Why can't we argue for quality associated with the "banned 1" release? Give or take a year before that release, the "strap 1's" had semi hype but were never near the reselling prices of the banned pairs. You'd think JB would get the hint, consumers are willing to pay more for quality.

In the end, the cycle will not be broken. JB will continue to give us garbage quality and consumers will just eat it up. All those that appreciate the quality and craftsmanship of years before will have nothing but memories to reminisce... Any retro they make now does no justice to the original shoe or original retro they're modeled after.

You can call this 2012 release whatever you want, but these will never be real Olympics.

5889248420_bed8424a13_b.jpg

[/rant]
grin.gif

Air Jordan VI Re-Retro olympic ='s poor quailty.... I was fortunate to only one of the original pairs from the 3000 released to niketowns back in the day and i paid retail back them which was only $125 bucks. Jordan Brand was really gotten out of hand with their releases....
I completely agree with flip "In the end, the cycle will not be broken. JB will continue to give us garbage quality and consumers will just eat it up. All those that appreciate the quality and craftsmanship of years before will have nothing but memories to reminisce... Any retro they make now does no justice to the original shoe or original retro they're modeled after."

Originally Posted by top contender

Originally Posted by HustlinFlip

What are you guys happy about?

I've hardly ever argued about quality (I just choose to not purchase so I can avoid the ultimate disappoint that would ensue).

Yes, they're retro-ing BUT...

- Midsole change (already pointed out)
- Crappy leather and quality (if you've never owned or had the chance to see and feel the quality of a pair from 2000, I expect you to be happy with anything.)

Why can't we argue for quality associated with the "banned 1" release? Give or take a year before that release, the "strap 1's" had semi hype but were never near the reselling prices of the banned pairs. You'd think JB would get the hint, consumers are willing to pay more for quality.

In the end, the cycle will not be broken. JB will continue to give us garbage quality and consumers will just eat it up. All those that appreciate the quality and craftsmanship of years before will have nothing but memories to reminisce... Any retro they make now does no justice to the original shoe or original retro they're modeled after.

You can call this 2012 release whatever you want, but these will never be real Olympics.

5889248420_bed8424a13_b.jpg

[/rant]
grin.gif

Air Jordan VI Re-Retro olympic ='s poor quailty.... I was fortunate to only one of the original pairs from the 3000 released to niketowns back in the day and i paid retail back them which was only $125 bucks. Jordan Brand was really gotten out of hand with their releases....
I completely agree with flip "In the end, the cycle will not be broken. JB will continue to give us garbage quality and consumers will just eat it up. All those that appreciate the quality and craftsmanship of years before will have nothing but memories to reminisce... Any retro they make now does no justice to the original shoe or original retro they're modeled after."
I think the leather on the 2000 retros are softer than the one on the 2012 retros. 
But honestly, I was not satisfied with the quality of the 2000 retros at all.

Have the Black/Infareds and white/navys and both not only had bad fitting but

also obvious midsole paint cracking and chipping issues.

It was the first time when I was not amused about the quality of Air Jordans.

Im just happy I got rid of mine a couple years back for $400..
Now they're coming back 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I could care less about the differences from the first retro.

I was flat broke in college in 2000 when these came out, so I missed out big time.

Since these were already a Retro+ colorway, and never had NIKE AIR on the back and the man himself never wore them...

I could care less about them being like the 2000 version as well, and I'd be happy to get a pair of these.

Originally Posted by super23freak

I was flat broke in college in 2000 when these came out, so I missed out big time.

Since these were already a Retro+ colorway, and never had NIKE AIR on the back and the man himself never wore them...

I could care less about them being like the 2000 version as well, and I'd be happy to get a pair of these.
This.  As long as the leather is somewhat soft and the midsole paint isn't too glossy I'm good.  Maybe JB will do something crazy like give us MS VI quality.  One can only hope.

maaan the economy has change since then 25 buck not gone make or break u if u want the shoe u want the shoe if u dont u dont

Agree that Olympic 6s>Olympic 7's, but I still want a pair of those 7's! I love that silver and white
pimp.gif

why so much heat come out this year!!!! i remember a couple years back with that fusion mess i was saving alotta money but thas changed now i cant stay out the stores

Originally Posted by mobbyluii

Originally Posted by FutureDHughes

Originally Posted by PeekThaSneaks

OLY6>>>>OLY7'S IMO

I am gonna try and cop these but if I don't get them oh well. On to the next one.

This.
hmm. idk bout this
agreed. i have the olympic 7s but always wanted the olympic 6s so much more
ohwell.gif

mrrw wrote:
mobbyluii wrote:
FutureDHughes wrote:
This.
hmm. idk bout this

ohwell.gif

Ive always favored the VI's more than the VII. only because the 7s are more flimsy or skinny looking especially around the top lace hole. Kind of reminds me of a thick female standing beside a anorexic chick. I don't know about you fellas but only a dog likes a bone( Air jordan VII)

Originally Posted by Midnight Hype

mrrw wrote:
mobbyluii wrote:
hmm. idk bout this
ohwell.gif

Ive always favored the VI's more than the VII. only because the 7s are more flimsy or skinny looking especially around the top lace hole. Kind of reminds me of a thick female standing beside a anorexic chick. I don't know about you fellas but only a dog likes a bone( Air jordan VII)

^ I feel you on that one and i have a pair of 7s they crease really easy poor made shoe the shoe is almost littteraly made out of cardboard on the side where the jumpman is .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom