Air Jordan 6 Retro” Bordeaux“ SEP - 2021

I do have my own choices, this shouldn’t affect any of you guys.

thanks tho. Enough about this.

it really is wild out there huh -

long story short: been away from sneakers (heavy lurker of NT from 02-05, finally got an account in 05) for like 15 years and just got the itch...sneakers have always been my first love, but transitioned into runway fashion in my 20s and sneakers slowly got out of my rotation

having just turned 34, i wanted to rebuild a small collection to wear casually + gym, and it's been borderline impossible to hit on anything...granted im realizing the due diligence is different now and trying to hit on SNKRS alone won't do it (even for GRs) - but it's def been eye-opening. Having taken Ls all year, I wondered if my NT account was still active, and to my surprise it still is!

Since then I've been reading different threads, trying to get smarter and catch up: authenticating middle men, bots, collabs, resurgence of dunks jordan 1s (MIDS?!)...crazy. It seems hitting is generally harder everywhere - but glad to be back nonetheless.

Hope these do restock - they are dope

Last edited:
This is the retro of the year imo, excluding super hype/limited stuff. Lightning 4s held that spot until now. They need a proper hare 6 release now. PSGs lack color and pale in comparison to these. I love all the little details like smoke grey translucent tongue pull and colorful Bordeaux 7 pattern on the inside of the shoe...
🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

This is the retro of the year imo, excluding super hype/limited stuff. Lightning 4s held that spot until now. They need a proper hare 6 release now. PSGs lack color and pale in comparison to these. I love all the little details like smoke grey translucent tongue pull and colorful Bordeaux 7 pattern on the inside of the shoe...
🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

i agree - i kept hearing people talk about the 7s being better than the 6s...but for me, i always liked the 6s as a silhouette better. Personal preference for sure, but something about the 6s just feel like it keeps shape better + more wearable...depending on how the next couple weeks play out, may have to bite the bullet and buy resale.

People need to understand that everything involving retros and popular shoes in general is nothing like it was, and it doesn't seem look like it's going to revert back to what it use to be. I knew something was up because I frequent big cities, and I stopped seeing regular GR's out in the wild like i did anytime before 2016. It's so bad to the point ive seen teenagers in my family give up on the lottery like system on release day.

It's basically a resellers market now. When that got very popular with Goat, StockX, and Ebay, it cut the chances of people who just want to buy to rock them tremendously low right now. Because of how social media/ig/Facebook has popularized these shoes that we're into. It's not even about actually wearing the shoes anymore.

It's about whole bunch of nerds and awkward looking cats making videos on YouTube. Talking about if you need to resell your Bordeaux 6,s now, or wait a year from now to sell the pairs you bought because the value has went up after pairs have dried up. It's pretty crazy when you actually think about it, GR,s are basically limited releases because of how people treat shoes now.

They treating shoes like stock or real estate. Next time you go out and about to the mall, restaurants, movies, concerts, or just travel, and tell me how many times you see any retros from these past 2 years outside.

You might see 1 or 2 pairs here and there, but it will not be frequent like it use to be.

As silly as it may sound, it’s just hard for me to put a rendition of color way of another silhouette over its inspiration. It’s like putting Kobe over Mike…..it’s close but it’s almost impossible to beat the blueprint🤣🤣🤣

People need to understand that everything involving retros and popular shoes in general is nothing like it was, and it doesn't seem look like it's going to revert back to what it use to be. I knew something was up because I frequent big cities, and I stopped seeing regular GR's out in the wild like i did anytime before 2016. It's so bad to the point ive seen teenagers in my family give up on the lottery like system on release day.

It's basically a resellers market now. When that got very popular with Goat, StockX, and Ebay, it cut the chances of people who just want to buy to rock them tremendously low right now. Because of how social media/ig/Facebook has popularized these shoes that we're into. It's not even about actually wearing the shoes anymore.

It's about whole bunch of nerds and awkward looking cats making videos on YouTube. Talking about if you need to resell your Bordeaux 6,s now, or wait a year from now to sell the pairs you bought because the value has went up after pairs have dried up. It's pretty crazy when you actually think about it, GR,s are basically limited releases because of how people treat shoes now.

They treating shoes like stock or real estate. Next time you go out and about to the mall, restaurants, movies, concerts, or just travel, and tell me how many times you see any retros from these past 2 years outside.

You might see 1 or 2 pairs here and there, but it will not be frequent like it use to be.

Let’s be honest, Nike/JB have been cutting quantities to build the brand up when it got to a point that most, if not all, non-OG cw GRs were hitting discount. Hell even OG cws like this went on discount in 2016-2017 (I was out my storage space today and dug these SB 1s up lol):

B4D19A3E-AB31-4133-BFBE-838020E3E7F4.jpeg

65C47B70-8DB1-4444-8FA9-A4089ABEA895.jpeg

Hype is certainly there but it wasn’t like it was a cakewalk getting Bred 1s in 2013 OR 2016. Hell, 2017 Royal 1s were hard but nowhere near what hyped 1s are today.

Hell, with 6s it was even less of an issue-Black IR 6s in 2014 weren’t an easy cop but they were plentiful enough that most ppl were able to cop a pair. Pretty much most if not all GR 6s were easy.

I think this is cyclical though, Nike/JB aren’t dumb and there is a method to the madness of leaving money on the table for resellers-eventually they’ll increase quantities and everyone will eat….. With a significant retail price increase just like we saw in 2015 lol (“Jordan Brand presents… ‘Remastered Retros 2: Electric Boogaloo’”).

Last edited:
I prefer 6 > 7 as a sillouhette. Just a more iconic shoe. The 7 was basically an updated version of the 6, though admittedly the 7's had the better overall colorways (black infra and Carmine not withstanding). Probably why u see 7 colorways go on the 6 but not vice versa. The 7 is also easily the more comfortable shoe but the 6 design is arguably the greatest in the entire lineup, rivaled only by the 11's imo.

Let’s be honest, Nike/JB have been cutting quantities to build the brand up when it got to a point that most, if not all, non-OG QC GRs were hitting discount. Hell even OG cws like this went on discount in 2016-2017 (I was out my storage space today and dug these SB 1s up lol):

B4D19A3E-AB31-4133-BFBE-838020E3E7F4.jpeg

65C47B70-8DB1-4444-8FA9-A4089ABEA895.jpeg

Hype is certainly there but it wasn’t like it was a cakewalk getting Bred 1s in 2013 OR 2016. Hell, 2017 Royal 1s were hard but nowhere near what hyped 1s are today.

Hell, with 6s it was even less of an issue-Black IR 6s I. 2014 weren’t an easy cop but they were plentiful enough that most ppl were able to cop a pair. Pretty much most if not all GR 6s were easy.

I think this is cyclical though, Nike/JB aren’t dumb and there is a method to the madness of leaving money on the table for resellers-eventually they’ll increase quantities and everyone will eat….. With a significant retail price increase just like we saw in 2015 lol (“Jordan Brand presents… ‘Remastered Retros 2: Electric Boogaloo’”).
I’ve noticed the same thing. I don’t see a lot of average consumers wearing Nike/Jordan retros these days, largely because they aren’t available to the average consumer. You can’t just walk in to a Footlocker or Finish Line and buy a Jordan retro off the shelf after release day anymore. The main people who are getting these releases are the sneakerheads and resellers. I think the market is so out of wack right now. I think long term this hurts the brand because if the majority of consumers (non-sneakerheads) can’t buy your products, brand loyalty declines over time. I used to be able to walk in to a Footlocker on a Wednesday, and see Jordan retros, Kobes, Foamposites etc. available for purchase. Nowadays, I see Jordan 6 rings and other garbage like that and not much else. I walk in to a Nike store and it’s extremely dry too.

I’m a sneakerhead, and haven’t purchased anything from Nike.com or Footlocker.com in months because there’s nothing I’m interested in buying or available to me, what do you think the average consumer is buying?

Damn it; why did I sub to this thread; now I feel I need these! I think they did a great job, but I do love my Bordeaux 7s, and they are way more comfortable than 6s. That said, I agree these are an instant classic. I turned down an eBay counter offer of $240 (+tax), which actually isn't unreasonable. He's likely to decline my counter of $222....

Not sure when I would pull these out of Black Infrared 6s, TS BKs, or Bordeaux 7s though....hmm....

So True. It amazes me how fast stuff sells out but I never see them worn.

Last edited:
Damn it; why did I sub to this thread; now I feel I need these! I think they did a great job, but I do love my Bordeaux 7s, and they are way more comfortable than 6s. That said, I agree these are an instant classic. I turned down an eBay counter offer of $240 (+tax), which actually isn't unreasonable. He's likely to decline my counter of $222....

Not sure when I would pull these out of Black Infrared 6s, TS BKs, or Bordeaux 7s though....hmm....
You DEFINITELY need these. Trust.

Can't stop checking this thread for one of them "restocks" y'all claim coming...

tyrone-biggums-shookt.gif

Back
Top Bottom