Air Jordan 6 retro “Carmine” - Nike Air - February 13, 2021

They would have won 8 in a row. Jordan had just averaged 44PPG in the finals. They were at their athletic primes. There was no way he was letting the bulls lose in the finals. This is no disrespect to a fine Houston team.
With all due respect, I truly believe you are discounting some hard realities of pro sports and the mental and physical grind it unleashes on its participants. I was the biggest Jordan and Bulls fan back then, so my opinion on whether or not they would have won eight on a row has nothing to do with me trying to downplay just how mega they were. But not I even I can sit here with a straight face and say they would've won eight. Now, what they definitely should have had was the chance to come back to defend in '99. With that shortened season especially, I can easily envision them winning that fourth one in a row. So split the difference: they should've won seven LOL

With all due respect, I truly believe you are discounting some hard realities of pro sports and the mental and physical grind it unleashes on its participants. I was the biggest Jordan and Bulls fan back then, so my opinion on whether or not they would have won eight on a row has nothing to do with me trying to downplay just how mega they were. But not I even I can sit here with a straight face and say they would've won eight. Now, what they definitely should have had was the chance to come back to defend in '99. With that shortened season especially, I can easily envision them winning that fourth one in a row. So split the difference: they should've won seven LOL
I’m not really disagreeing with you, just chatting it up having a good discussion.

How about we even say ten in a row? I believe the bulls lost twice in game 7 in the conference finals the year before and in 6 games the year before that. That is pretty close to the Finals. And the team that beat them, the Pistons, won the championship both years. So imagine if the Bulls won. Since we are talking hypothetically, it’s kind of crazy to think “what if”.

12 in a row? It you listen to Mike at the “Last Dance” he stated how he had effectively mastered things and was able to be more efficient. The game was easier to him mentally but not physically. He felt they could win again. Maybe he could have gotten 7 or even 8 in his later years.

It’s not so far fetched.

88-89 lost game 6 conf championships
89-90 lost game 7 conf championships (pip headache)
90-91 champs
91-92- champs
92-93- champs
93-94- lost game 7 conf championships no MJ
94-95- lost game 6 conf championships with MJ
95-96- champs
96-97- champs
97-98- champs
98-99- ??
99-2000-??

I’m not really disagreeing with you, just chatting it up having a good discussion.

How about we even say ten in a row? I believe the bulls lost twice in game 7 in the conference finals the year before and in 6 games the year before that. That is pretty close to the Finals. And the team that beat them, the Pistons, won the championship both years. So imagine if the Bulls won. Since we are talking hypothetically, it’s kind of crazy to think “what if”.

12 in a row? It you listen to Mike at the “Last Dance” he stated how he had effectively mastered things and was able to be more efficient. The game was easier to him mentally but not physically. He felt they could win again. Maybe he could have gotten 7 or even 8 in his later years.

It’s not so far fetched.

90-91 champs
91-92- champs
92-93- champs
95-96- champs
96-97- champs
97-98- champs
98-99- ??
99-2000-??
I mean, anything's possible. My opinion isn't necessarily that they wouldn't have won in 94 and/or 95, it's that if they had, they probably wouldn't have won in one of the following years. But hey, we'll never know.

It’s not so far fetched.

90-91 champs
91-92- champs
92-93- champs
95-96- champs
96-97- champs
97-98- champs
98-99- ??
99-2000-??
1994 and 1995 were 2nd round eliminations, not the conference finals.

The irony during 1995 was they needed a work horse like Dennis or Horace. They lacked that. Horace was the X factor in that series for Orlando. Imagine if he was wearing red and white during that time and happy about it. Who knows. But I dont think Orlando beats them.
In fact I think they would have had a tougher time with Indiana.

4skjrh.jpg

4sl30n~2.jpg

air-jordan-6-carmine-poster-1.jpg

Last edited:

It’s not so far fetched.

90-91 champs
91-92- champs
92-93- champs
95-96- champs
96-97- champs
97-98- champs
98-99- ??
99-2000-??
Putting MJ with those existing teams, I still believe they end up with 7. As far as the 98-99 season goes, they should have been able to play together until they were beat.

:lol:

mans we forget that Scottie Pippen was openly campaigning for a trade to the Suns to happen during All Star weekend in Phoenix in 1995. YouTube it. Even as he was leading the Bulls in every major stat category, he was hoping to get out of Chicago. Before that there was a deal to seattle for Shawn Kemp.

It’s so many variables. That 1993-1994 has not left my memory mainly due to the “what ifs”. And mostly every team that went deep in the playoffs came back with the same roster with very minor tinkering here and there.

Putting MJ with those existing teams, I still believe they end up with 7. As far as the 98-99 season goes, they should have been able to play together until they were beat.

A fat no in 98-99 and big question marks in 99-00.

ssince Pippen was a free agent and was looking for a big pay day he was likely gone. The bulls barely got out of utah Alive in June 1998. The lockout itself took a toll on the nba. Bad basketball across the board.

Jordan explaining in the last dance doc how they could’ve repeated in 1999 with players taking less money and not cashing out on that 1998 title win was hilariously. It’s easy to say that when you alone took home 30-33 million in your last two season. He barely got that without the Jerrys expressing buyers remorse for giving him that much money despite he being worth it and more.

Last edited:
:lol:

mans we forget that Scottie Pippen was openly campaigning for a trade to the Suns to happen during All Star weekend in Phoenix in 1995. YouTube it. Even as he was leading the Bulls in every major stat category, he was hoping to get out of Chicago. Before that there was a deal to seattle for Shawn Kemp.

It’s so many variables. That 1993-1994 has not left my memory mainly due to the “what ifs”. And mostly every team that went deep in the playoffs came back with the same roster with very minor tinkering here and there.
Scottie wanted that trade because for one, he knew Horace was on his way out. For two, Toni was the new Golden Boy. Dont you think all that would have been different if Michael was still there? Also, I do agree with you on 98-99, they would not have beaten those Spurs imo.

Scottie wanted that trade because for one, he knew Horace was on his way out. For two, Toni was the new Golden Boy. Dont you think all that would have been different if Michael was still there?

it would’ve been but the main thing that was causing the angst was The front office refusing to pay/renegotiate Pip’s contract. Damn shame.

we as fans were robbed.

It’s always fun debating whether or not the Bulls would’ve won 8 straight.

Im looking forward to the day we debate if the Orlando magic would’ve won the title in 1997 had shaq stayed East. He wanted to but the magic messed that up.

Last edited:
It’s always fun debating whether or not the Bulls would’ve won 8 straight.

Im looking forward to the day we debate if the Orlando magic would’ve won the title in 1997 had shaq stayed East. He wanted to but the magic messed that up.

Lol you are Pushing it now. What tf would make you think that Magic team would beat a Bulls team that swept them easily the year before!?

Back
Top Bottom