Air Jordan 6 retro “Carmine” - Nike Air - February 13, 2021

Fair enough 😉

michael-jordan-air-jordan-vi-6-carmine-17 (1).jpg

jifu6c3hziewvd2aq94f (2).jpg

During the Pistons vs. Bulls Christmas Day Battle 1990 (posted in the AJ5 Fire Red thread) there is a provacative play where MJ goes after Isiah, who is attempting a layup and MJ appears to purposely take a swipe with his hand, making contact with Isiah's previously injured eye.
If intentional, it was a very dangerous and aggressive move, no doubt retribution for the physical abuse the Bulls had to endure from the Pistons years prior.

*The picture above reminded me of that incident and made me wonder if this was a tactical move that MJ would practice?

Lol you are something else man.

It’s funny how it’s just assumed that the Western Conference competition remains the same if MJ never retired in ‘93 lol. Teams on both coasts would have different motivations and strategies with Jordan’s Bulls still in the playoff picture. It could very well have been Phoenix or San Antonio pushing past Houston in ‘94 or ‘95.

Here are two different MJ altercations while sporting the Carmines:

Bulls vs. Knicks. Rookie Greg Anthony giving MJ some static. 12/13/91.

Bulls vs. Rockets. Vernon Maxwell's antagonistic defense gets a little too much for MJ and officials take notice. 1/25/92.

Last edited:
Fair enough 😉

michael-jordan-air-jordan-vi-6-carmine-17 (1).jpg

jifu6c3hziewvd2aq94f (2).jpg

During the Pistons vs. Bulls Christmas Day Battle 1990 (posted in the AJ5 Fire Red thread) there is a provacative play where MJ goes after Isiah, who is attempting a layup and MJ appears to purposely take a swipe with his hand, making contact with Isiah's previously injured eye.
If intentional, it was a very dangerous and aggressive move, no doubt retribution for the physical abuse the Bulls had to endure from the Pistons years prior.

*The picture above reminded me of that incident and made me wonder if this was a tactical move that MJ would practice?
I actually went back and looked at what happened. Mike was going for a layup and Hakeem rotated late and undercut MJ.

Man this thread going down to the middle of the 3rd page just a little over a month away is crazy lol. I can't wait for these.

Aren't the shock drops trash though? Isn't that what Nike does with the factory rejects?
I think the Fire Red 4 shock drop was the final straw that confirmed what everyone was suspecting for years.
That this is how they ditch the shoes they f***ed up on 😅

3733c630eea82632d0ff1eabb7bb8e69.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom