Air Jordan 6 retro “Carmine” - Nike Air - February 13, 2021

Which of today’s anniversaries do you wish you had on ice?
I Mid Black University Red (3 Years)
1635772534813.jpeg

I Mid Black (3 Years)

I High Rust Pink (4 Years)
1635741923369.jpeg

I Mid Nouveau Burgundy Gum (7 Years)

I Mid Black Speed Yellow (9 Years)
1635741816944.jpeg

XIX Low Obsidian (17 Years)
1635741971972.jpeg

IV Oreo (22 Years)
1635741780413.jpeg

XII Taxi (25 Years)
1635742167847.jpeg

X Powder Blue (27 Years)
1635741690240.jpeg

X Steel (27 Years)
1635741660969.jpeg

VII Cardinal (29 Years)
1635742015199.jpeg

VI Carmine (30 Years)
1635742102116.jpeg

Tomorrow is the 1 High Fearless UNC/Chi (3 Years), and V Laney (Retro) (8 Years).

Last edited:
I'm finally posting pictures of the Carmine VI I got last Saturday evening at the newly opened Foot Locker in Downey. I happened to be in that area that evening. I really didn't plan on walking into the store, but I ended up doing so since it was on my route.

I saw them sitting there on display. The worker told me they got that they got them in last Saturday. Good thing I took a chance to check what that store had because newly opened stores tend to get restocks.

I struck out trying to get them on the FLX apps back in February, but had lucky timing with them recently.

I'm very lucky I didn't get a flawed pair because these were plagued with the dreaded and awful pink midsoles that was so visible on many pairs. I checked thoroughly before I took them. I even had the worker who brought them to me to be an extra set of eyes to help me make my decision.

I'm so happy with how easy these were to get for myself all because I chose to walk into that store that day. I didn't expect them to be sitting there like that.
IMG_5563.JPG
IMG_5564.JPG
IMG_5565.JPG
IMG_5568.JPG
IMG_5569.JPG
IMG_5572.JPG

I already had the jersey and fitted hat before I got these shoes. I can now correlate the shoes and jersey because Michael Jordan wore the shoes in the early part of the 1991-92 season.
IMG_5542.JPG
IMG_5543.JPG

I'm finally posting pictures of the Carmine VI I got last Saturday evening at the newly opened Foot Locker in Downey. I happened to be in that area that evening. I really didn't plan on walking into the store, but I ended up doing so since it was on my route.

I saw them sitting there on display. The worker told me they got that they got them in last Saturday. Good thing I took a chance to check what that store had because newly opened stores tend to get restocks.

I struck out trying to get them on the FLX apps back in February, but had lucky timing with them recently.

I'm very lucky I didn't get a flawed pair because these were plagued with the dreaded and awful pink midsoles that was so visible on many pairs. I checked thoroughly before I took them. I even had the worker who brought them to me to be an extra set of eyes to help me make my decision.

I'm so happy with how easy these were to get for myself all because I chose to walk into that store that day. I didn't expect them to be sitting there like that.
IMG_5563.JPG
IMG_5564.JPG
IMG_5565.JPG
IMG_5568.JPG
IMG_5569.JPG
IMG_5572.JPG

I already had the jersey and fitted hat before I got these shoes. I can now correlate the shoes and jersey because Michael Jordan wore the shoes in the early part of the 1991-92 season.
IMG_5542.JPG
IMG_5543.JPG
Hate to tell you this man but the soles have a slight pink tint to them.

IMG_5563.JPG
IMG_5564.JPG
IMG_5565.JPG
IMG_5568.JPG
IMG_5569.JPG
IMG_5572.JPG

IMG_5542.JPG
IMG_5543.JPG

Nice to read stories with such unexpected and happy endings with all the s*** people have to go through to get the shoes they like, happy for you man! Congrats and thanks for sharing your story, makes people feel better! Hope there will be alot more like yours... reminds me of the old days back in the mid 90's and before where you were able to walk into your local store and get what you wanted for weeks after compared to nowadays where you often cannot even get them online more often than not, turning what should be a positive experience into a bad one for taking losses after losses for so many reasons.

Do you only wear jerseys?

Good question.

No, I don't always wear them despite having a lot. I wear jerseys to malls and dinner if I feel like it or if I think it's a nice place. I like to wear jerseys because they stand out and I like normally being the only MF wearing one wherever I go.

I actually dress nondescript with Nike apparel and some sort of Nike shoes when I go to routine places or have excursions like if I go to the market or shop for essentials.

It's a formality with these Carmine VI having some pink on the midsoles that's been accepted.

As long as there's really minimal pink on them, then it's OK. It's unacceptable if the pink on them is so visible like on many previous pairs, like I'm talking about Pink Panther bad.

I feel I lucked out with finding an acceptable pair for myself.

Nice to read stories with such unexpected and happy endings with all the s*** people have to go through to get the shoes they like, happy for you man! Congrats and thanks for sharing your story, makes people feel better! Hope there will be alot more like yours... reminds me of the old days back in the mid 90's and before where you were able to walk into your local store and get what you wanted for weeks after compared to nowadays where you often cannot even get them online more often than not, turning what should be a positive experience into a bad one for taking losses after losses for so many reasons.

Thanks for the encouragement.

I actually recall how shoes sat in stores in the mid-'90s. The popular signature shoes would sell out eventually, but if you got them shortly after a store put them out for sale, then you were OK. The longer you waited, the riskier it was to miss out on them. I recall certain shoes took a month or longer for a store to sell out. Who doesn't miss when you could walk in and pick up a pair of shoes you wanted easily?

It got ridiculous with asinine hype over the years that began in the late '90s when people began tracking release dates and camping out. It got progressively worse now with resellers trying to hoard all the new releases without being knowledgeable about the market, and supply and demand.

ahh the good old days...stuff was in stores you could see it in hand before you bought it... I miss that!

Back
Top Bottom