Air Jordan 6 retro “Carmine” - Nike Air - February 13, 2021

Also this is the only way to wear 6s, argue amongst yourselves. >D
62e256e7c9dc7b9419b9629035bd9fef9b097be.jpg
Never knew mj was into selvedge denim like that.

lets put this to rest. carmine the greatest 6s of all Time with utmost respect to infrareds. heck id even put white infrareds before black infrareds. Gentry I need a white infrared nike air and I'll walk away from it all

I don’t even know what my all time favorite J is but the black infrared 6 is right there with the black cement 4 and concord 11. From a pure design standpoint I really think the infrared 6 is unbeatable. Amazing details with the tongue, 3M, subtle hits of infrared, clear sole, AND Nike Air. A pinnacle shoe even without all of the on court accomplishments.

Carmines are cool and all but they aren’t touching infrareds.

Mayne I know y’all not on this earth watching how to style videos.
It was said u couldn’t wear blk/infrared with anything but black jeans or sweatpants so I showed examples. I also showed an example of navy Japanese denim. When I searched jeans with infrareds 6 that’s what popped up.

My rule: Wear my sneakers with whatever freak'n pants or shorts I feel like wearing ;-).
Agreed, that’s what I love so much about 90s style. People just threw their AJs on with whatever s*** they were wearing that day.. Sweats, jeans, shorts, jean shorts, track suits, cargo shorts. There was no thought into “do these shoes go with this”. Their Jordan’s were just their daily beaters they wore with anything and everything.

Agreed, that’s what I love so much about 90s style. People just threw their AJs on with whatever s*** they were wearing that day.. Sweats, jeans, shorts, jean shorts, track suits, cargo shorts. There was no thought into “do these shoes go with this”. Their Jordan’s were just their daily beaters they wore with anything and everything.

that didn't mean it all looked good

I'm finally getting around to posting this jersey I got two months ago in April to wear with these shoes. I also got it a few days before my birthday. I'm glad I got this jersey because it's another piece for me to wear with these shoes in addition to the white jersey I already have.
IMG_6114.JPG
IMG_6119.JPG

You can say that about most black based shoes though... Blue jeans typically look better with white/light based shoes. As someone who wears majority black jeans, this ain't a problem for me.

This is exactly how I like to color coordinate my shoes with pants. I normally try to wear black-based shoes with black jean shorts or black pants. And I normally try to wear white-based shoes with blue jean shorts or blue jeans.

But sometimes it ultimately comes down to the color setup of the shoes and/or top. Although the Carmine VI are white-based, I will only wear them with black jean shorts so far whenever I wear them with the two Bulls jerseys I have because there's significant black parts on those shoes and the black is prevalent on Bulls jerseys.

Or sometimes I can be disparate with it whenever I wear the 2019 Black/Cement IV with faded blue jean shorts whenever I wear the 1989 NBA All-Star jersey that's predominantly red. While there's absolutely no black on those jean shorts and that jersey, I still wear those black-based IV because Jordan wore those shoes with that jersey. I also think those faded blue jean shorts go right with the jersey since there's small hints of royal blue on it.

You can disagree fine, but the initial design was for on court with a basketball uniform, not casual clothing.

This is always the exact image I conjure up whenever I wear basketball shoes. I normally wear them with shorts if I'm wearing a jersey or something with short sleeves because I visualize on court attire with that. And I normally wear them with pants if I'm wearing a warmup jacket of a long sleeve top because I visualize warmup attire with that.

I’ve always felt the 11’s look the worst with jeans.

The XI for the most part looks far better with any type of shorts.

But sometimes they look better with jeans if you're wearing a long sleeve top.

Or like how I wear those 2018 XI Jeter Low with navy blue jeans to match with either the home white or road gray Derek Jeter jersey or a Yankees authentic hoodie because baseball players are normally seen wearing pants as their uniform attire. I'm admit I'm emulating the dress code of MLB players by wearing pants with those shoes.

11s are terrible with everything unless its shorts. Even the whole suit thing is silly. Those dont look good at formal events

While 11s can look terrible with jeans, they can also work very well with jeans. Ultimately it comes down to the person wearing them.. some dudes have no sense of fashion. I'm of the belief that you can make almost any look work, sometimes it just takes a little trial and error... I agree with the suits tho, ish always looks tacky and out of place when I see folks wearing 11s at weddings & graduations.

While I'll always have an affinity for Jordans, I would never wear them with a suit or dress clothes.

I will always despise seeing the XI worn with suits and wedding attire. I also hate seeing the XI worn at weddings, proms and graduations.

Like when the groom, his best man and groomsmen at a wedding are all wearing identical XI looks so idiotic.

It sure as hell does look tacky and out of place! It looks dumb as hell too. The adage of "There's a time and place for everything." does apply to this inappropriate matter.

It just gives off the impression that people like that are failures in life and that they had poor parenting with them not being taught how to dress right.

Jordans should always correspond with street clothes and dress shoes should always correspond with suits.

Can you imagine someone going to a job interview wearing Jordans with a suit? It would be logical for the potential employer to see the applicant as incompetent based on that.

Ironically, the man, Michael Jordan, that the shoe line is derived from didn't even wear his own signature sneakers with suits when he was at the apex of his storied career. I actually learned how to wear suits from seeing him wear them on TV. Another irony is that I learned what wingtip shoes were from seeing him wear it as a gag in a fall 1997 commercial for Jordan Brand. I believe I ended up wearing wingtip shoes from seeing that commercial.

My pair with blue jeans
IMG_20191104_155112_747.jpg
IMG_20191104_155133_081.jpg

This is exactly the ideal example regarding wearing Jordans with pants because they'll always match properly with a warmup jacket. It only looks right to wear Jordans with pants if you're wearing a jacket because of the image that NBA players provide optically whenever they wear warmup jackets with matching pants.

I just would have went with black pants myself to make it match from top to bottom since they're black-based shoes and black is part of the Bulls team colors.

In theory, all basketball sneakers look best with....shorts....by definition it's the best pairing. They're not supposed to look like a natural pairing with long pants. Some pairs just look better than others with any type of pants.

I agree with all this. But sometimes it's better to wear basketball shoes with pants if you're wearing a long sleeve top like riverdale road riverdale road did in his photo and based on natural images that can be conjured up with seeing NBA players dress that way in pregame warmups and when they're on the bench.

You can disagree fine, but the initial design was for on court with a basketball uniform, not casual clothing.

I admit this is my influence whenever I wear basketball shoes. That's why I always wear a jersey with shorts because it somewhat emulates a basketball uniform. But I wear jean shorts to integrate the street clothes aspect with a basketball jersey and basketball shoes.

Carmines with blue jeans is a no-go for me.

I agree because they're shoes with distinct black parts on them, so it looks better to wear either black jeans or black denim shorts to make it match.

I swear this seemed to be the habit with owning and wearing shoes when we were kids. We didn't think about if they matched or mismatched with the clothes we wore. I was disparate as hell with how I dressed when I was a kid because the shoes didn't match with the pants or shorts or whatever top I wore based on the colors being divergent from head to toe.

I swear it's like that with wearing your Jordans with everything you have because it was pretty much the only pair you had as a kid. It's not like your parents were going to buy you every new release. They sure as hell became beaters really fast because we wore them daily and just played around in them without any thought of prolonging them.

It seems different if you're an adult still wearing Jordans because it seems like most of us end up having multiple pairs and we're more mindful about when and how we wear them. Most of us seem to go with the concept of matching. It's like we know how to make them last longer when we become adults. It seems like most of us refrain from wearing them in bad weather conditions as well.

Back
Top Bottom