Air Jordan 6 retro “Carmine” - Nike Air - February 13, 2021

Oh man don’t even get me started on these dumbass collabs. Other than Jerry Lorenzo and the Fear of God 1, these collabs are devoid of any talent and artistic creativity whatsoever. Take Tinker’s design and color it some trendy aged piss color with cut out holes? “Avant-garde dude it’s so aVaNtE-gArDe” Lmao nah man. Hack trying way too hard and it only comes off as tacky and disrespectful to Tinker’s masterpiece.
So on point both of you. Tinker did it right the first time dont ruin it with **** fishnet matieral and holes looking like a crack head shoe.

So on point both of you. Tinker did it right the first time dont ruin it with **** fishnet matieral and holes looking like a crack head shoe.

Jack4.jpg

Chris Rock's character in 1991's New Jack City scared me as a kid. A very creepy performance that made you NOT want to do crack.

This is a Carmine thread. Any posting from 1991 is permitted and encouraged 😊

bf025b62d3750282e221a6f41e7144a8.jpg

Last edited:
I like the aged, vintage take on the OG colorway, and the stitched on 23.
Thank you for the response. Not trying to dog the shoe or your thoughts towards it. But the holes and print. I just dont get it. To me, a CDP with Nike AIR would have done the trick. Its the only 5 I have.
The 5 may have a higher level of meaning to you and I get that. But if they did that same **** to a 6, or a 7 I would be mad as hell if they wasted that release on an original color like the Charcoal, or Cardinal while denying us the real take.
I say that knowing they gave you the off white fire red with the real version btw.

Thank you for the response. Not trying to dog the shoe or your thoughts towards it. But the holes and print. I just dont get it. To me, a CDP with Nike AIR would have done the trick. Its the only 5 I have.
The 5 may have a higher level of meaning to you and I get that. But if they did that same **** to a 6, or a 7 I would be mad as hell if they wasted that release on an original color like the Charcoal, or Cardinal while denying us the real take.
I say that knowing they gave you the off white fire red with the real version btw.

I agree with what you’re saying, regarding doing the OW version without the OG anywhere in sight. Already having the OG from earlier in the year took care of that, thankfully.

Just go look at them. They are phenomenally executed.
I have looked at them plenty. Here I will explain why I disagree. All I see is a design from Tinker Hatfield that was only slightly modified in physical shape by subtraction in the form of....CIRCLES!! :lol: and a skinnier tongue.

But if it’s really a FACT and not a subjective opinion that the OW 5 is a classic, can you give me more as to how it’s a fact than “just go look at em. they’re phenomenally executed”? What about them by looking at them makes you feel like it’s a classic? And how were they phenomenally executed? How was it an improvement from Tinker’s original masterpiece? WAS it an improvement?

I have looked at them plenty. Here I will explain why I disagree. All I see is a design from Tinker Hatfield that was only slightly modified in physical shape by subtraction in the form of....CIRCLES!! :lol: and a skinnier tongue.

But if it’s really a FACT and not a subjective opinion that the OW 5 is a classic, can you give me more as to how it’s a fact than “just go look at em. they’re phenomenally executed”? What about them by looking at them makes you feel like it’s a classic? And how were they phenomenally executed? How was it an improvement from Tinker’s original masterpiece? WAS it an improvement?

It’s not about or a requirement to be an improvement over Tinkers design. That is impossible. It is a classic in the sense that it took a classic OG Colorway, and successfully and perfectly executed the aged and vintage look, which is a timeless idea. They also have the stitched 23 ala MJ.

It’s not about or a requirement to be an improvement over Tinkers design. That is impossible. It is a classic in the sense that it took a classic OG Colorway, and successfully and perfectly executed the aged and vintage look, which is a timeless idea. They also have the stitched 23 ala MJ.
Pretty good response.

I see where we differ. I don’t like the aged look. At all. I probably never will. I understand that some do and that’s a sensible reason to like the shoe. But the circle cut outs :smh:

I'm sorry man, but any Air Jordan 4 that is a low top, CAN NOT be a "Classic". Hell, the only reason the OG colorways are is because they're OG colorways. They look NOTHING like their original counterparts.

|l |l |l |l |l |l |l |l
If my dude AIR J XIII AIR J XIII is right, we will eventually get the proper height. Who knows how old we will be by then though. One thing is for sure, unless my family straight up takes the shoes off my old *** feet I will be wearing these damn shoes no matter how old I get. It may look stupid but at least I will be happy :rofl: :rofl::rofl:

I’m old and I generally dislike all the collabs, and I sure as hell don’t care about hype. But I bought the OW Vs (black/muslin version), and I think they’re amazing. Why? To me, they look like a wearable piece of pop art. Like what an OG metallic V would look like in a certain type of cartoon. The slimmed-down construction and circles seem odd at first, but it all goes together well and is just an interesting take on the original. I’d be happy to ditch the writing on the netting if I could, but it’s barely noticeable. I also put in regular black laces; I don’t need SHOELACES printed on my laces. The upper material in real life has a shimmer to it that just looks dope. Once I saw them in real life, I had to have a pair.

Last edited:
I’m old and I generally dislike all the collabs, and I sure as hell don’t care about hype. But I bought the OW Vs (black/muslin version), and I think they’re amazing. Why? To me, they look like a wearable piece of pop art. Like what an OG metallic V would look like in a certain type of cartoon. The slimmed-down construction and circles seem odd at first, but it all goes together well and is just an interesting take on the original. I’d be happy to ditch the writing on the netting if I could, but it’s barely noticeable. I also put in regular black laces; I don’t need SHOELACES printed on my laces. The upper material in real life has a shimmer to it that just looks dope. Once I saw then in real life, I had to have a pair.
I'm getting old and I honestly like most of the off white Nike/Jordan stuff. The wearable piece of pop art comment here is essentially why. Doesn't have anything to do with my love of Jordans really. It's kind of an aesthetic I appreciate. I think they are interesting. Lots of subtle things going on with them.

I don't own any of them yet though. Don't know if I ever will unless I somehow win a pair on SNKRS or whatever. There's classic shoes across all the brands I don't have yet. Need those before I spend 2 or 3 bands or such for one of those lol.

I'm getting old and I honestly like most of the off white Nike/Jordan stuff. The wearable piece of pop art comment here is essentially why. Doesn't have anything to do with my love of Jordans really. It's kind of an aesthetic I appreciate. I think they are interesting. Lots of subtle things going on with them.

I don't own any of them yet though. Don't know if I ever will unless I somehow win a pair on SNKRS or whatever. There's classic shoes across all the brands I don't have yet. Need those before I spend 2 or 3 bands or such for one of those lol.
I never in my life had paid more than $425 for a pair of sneakers, and I had only done that once. But I've started trying to clear closet space, and I own most--not all, but most--of the must-haves for me. So I anticipate a slowdown in purchases this year and next. I sold seven pairs that I was clearly never going to get around to wearing that were just sitting on my shelves doing me no good, and that covered the entire cost of the OW Vs, plus a couple-hundred leftover. So while I can't believe I dropped a thousand bucks on some effing sneakers, I've done a 180 in some ways on my thinking: The money I spent on them, I had already spent years ago, and now I have a pair I REALLY wanted rather than seven other pairs just cluttering my closet. So, no regrets.

That plasticky, ripstop-looking structure is quite impressive to me from a technical standpoint, albeit not appealing to everyone.

The OW 5s are 🔥 🔥 🔥 don’t listen to these old fools:rofl:

You can like the OGs and the Off Whites it’s okay :emoji_alien:

Oh I know lol. But I get where they are coming from as well. I tend to agree with a lot of the “older” view points, and obviously If you’ve seen me post, I am more of an OG/classic look type of buyer myself. But, there are certain Collabs that are just undeniable.

Back
Top Bottom