Air Jordan 6 retro “Carmine” - Nike Air - February 13, 2021

Yep there was Aqua (RIP) and also the contrast heel debates in that thread. :lol: Dudes for real getting upset over how often it was talked about but honestly, looking back on it, I loved it all. Niketalk is the only place where I can get crabby about OG details and others will understand and even share my sentiments.

It’s not actually a two-piece, it was just heavily embossed. Nevertheless, it is one of those details that would make the shoe even better for those of us who have an acute eye.
[/QUOTE
yeah I've never actually taken apart an og 6 but it always looked like 2 pieces of material stitched together, just like the gs version.

Yep there was Aqua (RIP) and also the contrast heel debates in that thread. :lol: Dudes for real getting upset over how often it was talked about but honestly, looking back on it, I loved it all. Niketalk is the only place where I can get crabby about OG details and others will understand and even share my sentiments.

I've talked to Tinker many times and have mentioned Niketalk to him a number of times. Trust me when I say this that Nike is very aware of Niketalk and has been since almost day one. you can believe what you want but all of our crazy rants like the contrast heel are all the exact reasons we are getting the shoes we have been wanting all over the years. as a matter of fact, I'm almost 100% sure if it wasn't for niketalk we would have never seen nike air again on retros. that was huge a few years back and even though nike never said they keep tabs on niketalk we know that they do per the efforts they have made with the remastered shoes. that entire remastered shoe thing came directly from what people have said on niketalk. this is confirmed and has come directly from the horse's mouth.

I've talked to Tinker many times and have mentioned Niketalk to him a number of times. Trust me when I say this that Nike is very aware of Niketalk and has been since almost day one. you can believe what you want but all of our crazy rants like the contrast heel are all the exact reasons we are getting the shoes we have been wanting all over the years. as a matter of fact, I'm almost 100% sure if it wasn't for niketalk we would have never seen nike air again on retros. that was huge a few years back and even though nike never said they keep tabs on niketalk we know that they do per the efforts they have made with the remastered shoes. that entire remastered shoe thing came directly from what people have said on niketalk. this is confirmed and has come directly from the horse's mouth.
That's a good note, and I agree.

Companies large and small know the value of focus groups, and targeted customer feedback. Many corporations PAY to find out the feedback.

NT is a free goldmine for Nike Inc. and has been for 2 decades, you can best believe employees monitor it and the critiquing we do here only helps gets us new details on J's.

It's a slooooow process though :lol:

I'd love to hear how he feels about the retros. What did Tinker say about Niketalk?

i dont understand why it takes the voices of thousands of NT members for Nike to realize that when it comes to retroing anything, to keep it as true to the OG as possible. anything otherwise would be nitpicked to death and its not exclusive to shoes. it seems pretty common sense to me

i dont understand why it takes the voices of thousands of NT members for Nike to realize that when it comes to retroing anything, to keep it as true to the OG as possible. anything otherwise would be nitpicked to death and its not exclusive to shoes. it seems pretty common sense to me
Like we always say, it's the bottom line. And business is good for Nike/JB. Because of the hype (and not quality) these OG retros all sell out in minutes, Nike gets bank, people get paid, and the cycle continues.

For me, as I have said on here far too many times, at least act like you are trying. That's what you should do if you are a high-end company that wants to KEEP that status in the public's eyes.
Jordan Brand wants to come across as a luxury brand, and "up to Michael Jordan's standards" and in many ways they wanna be the Rolls Royce of footwear. Yet their retro issues have looked like a junior high class took the original and tried replicating it in a week with their own molds and scissors in class. Nike is getting better...but what a ride it has been.

Like we always say, it's the bottom line. And business is good for Nike/JB. Because of the hype (and not quality) these OG retros all sell out in minutes, Nike gets bank, people get paid, and the cycle continues.

For me, as I have said on here far too many times, at least act like you are trying. That's what you should do if you are a high-end company that wants to KEEP that status in the public's eyes.
Jordan Brand wants to come across as a luxury brand, and "up to Michael Jordan's standards" and in many ways they wanna be the Rolls Royce of footwear. Yet their retro issues have looked like a junior high class took the original and tried replicating it in a week with their own molds and scissors in class. Nike is getting better...but what a ride it has been.

Thats just it the Retros have the issues.. when was the last time you seen a flagship jordan with qc and tons of issues? I don't remember any of the ogs having so many issues NTers complained. like I've stated before and this is coming straight from nike. they dont put as much into the retros or any model as much as they put into the flagship shoes its just how it is.

I'd love to hear how he feels about the retros. What did Tinker say about Niketalk?
This goes for Tinker and Nike. they both concentrate on a flagship or new models or tech the retros are just like passive income for nike. no tech changes unless noted (ie cmft 1's) and business as usual for these shoes. whatever Tinker is working on now or whatever shoes have new tech or needs new design elements is where Tinker focuses now.

Thats just it the Retros have the issues.. when was the last time you seen a flagship jordan with qc and tons of issues? I don't remember any of the ogs having so many issues NTers complained. like I've stated before and this is coming straight from nike. they dont put as much into the retros or any model as much as they put into the flagship shoes its just how it is.
That mindset made sense in the 90s and early 2000s but clearly the backbone of their business is retros now so it makes no sense that they seemingly haven’t adjusted anything since MJs playing days.

OGs had issues, just a lot of NTers wasn't around for it. I remember having to return a pair of Playoff 13s because it felt the tongue stitching was steel wool inside. They all had inconsistent shape, even made in different countries, and different materials. Nothing has really changed besides the price and the overall mold.

Back
Top Bottom