Air Jordan 6 retro NRG x Social Status - Cow fur/reptile - February 21 - $250

I'm not gonna lie, I have high expectations as far as the quality of these, with them supposedly being limited and the high retail price. Yes, we agreed to pay $250 for these, but we also know we are being jerked. You give up your dignity when you pay Nike $190+ for poorly made in China of cheap synthetic materials retro shoes to wear every now and then. If I can make a phone call and get a $50 rebate because Nike was too lazy to officially jerk us off more I wouldn't feel the least bit mad they're not making THAT much more.

With that being said, I feel where both of you are coming from, but if these shoes don't impress me they can go back and someone at the outlet will get them for $200 or less because good luck trying honor a higher than tag price in store.

Bummed to pay a premium on these from resell and the increase on the ticket price but I didn't want to risk it! On another note, its weird that they are selling for $250. Last min increase it seems as other regions (Hong Kong to be specifc) were selling them for MSRP sticker price of $200.

Not to drag on about the price but if the box says $200.....the shoe is $200. I’m not sure how you can be too prideful to ask for YOUR $50 back. Nike clearly made a mistake. You’re only hurting yourself not asking for the money back.

That $50 can go to another cop, bills, food, or back in your pocket. Nothing is dignified about not doing so. Same view applies to the WTT Lebron price discrepancy and the false information on the Charlotte Kobe 4’s. Hold these companies accountable.

Not to drag on about the price but if the box says $200.....the shoe is $200. I’m not sure how you can be too prideful to ask for YOUR $50 back. Nike clearly made a mistake. You’re only hurting yourself not asking for the money back.

That $50 can go to another cop, bills, food, or back in your pocket. Nothing is dignified about not doing so. Same view applies to the WTT Lebron price discrepancy and the false information on the Charlotte Kobe 4’s. Hold these companies accountable.
Did you buy them based on the price on the box or the price they posted them for sale online? When you buy something listed for $100 on their site and then you get it and the box says $150 do you call them and tell them you owe them $50? No? So in that case you defer to the price listed when you bought it, not what the box label says. So Nike can lower the suggested price but not raise it? Where is that in the rules? You're not holding Nike accountable. You're whining about a technicality you learned after the fact. Hold yourself accountable for what you agreed to pay.

This is really a dumb argument. Not sure why I got in it. I guess bc my folks own retail stores and I hate when people try to nickel and dime them over petty ****.

Your folks =/= Nike, a multi billion dollar company that can afford to take a $50 hit on a pair of shoes they have already marked up 10x. Also knowing that they are selling these for less over seas rubs me the wrong way... but they will be here on Tuesday so we'll see if I feel like they're worth almost $270 or not.

Honestly everyone here should be offended that Nike had the nerve to up and decide to charge an extra $50 for these last min and not even have the audacity to change the price on the box too.

Your folks =/= Nike, a multi billion dollar company that can afford to take a $50 hit on a pair of shoes they have already marked up 10x. Also knowing that they are selling these for less over seas rubs me the wrong way... but they will be here on Tuesday so we'll see if I feel like they're worth almost $270 or not.

Honestly everyone here should be offended that Nike had the nerve to up and decide to charge an extra $50 for these last min and not even have the audacity to change the price on the box too.
I feel like Nike can change the price whenever they want. They didnt list for $200 and charge $250. They told you $250 and you willingly bought them at that price. Later learning they once planned to sell them for $200 doesn't change any of that.

It does actually... it means that they weren't priced at $250 because of "premium materials " or whatever BS line they pull every time they decide to increase the price of a retro... it just means they saw an opportunity to gouge people more. If a product in a retail store was ticketed at a certain price but rings up higher then legally that store must honor that price (within reason).

Like I said, if I like them as much as I hope to then I will keep them, but if not then they will get returned to an outlet in BFE and some lucky local will get them for $200 or much less.

It does actually... it means that they weren't priced at $250 because of "premium materials " or whatever BS line they pull every time they decide to increase the price of a retro... it just means they saw an opportunity to gouge people more. If a product in a retail store was ticketed at a certain price but rings up higher then legally that store must honor that price (within reason).

Like I said, if I like them as much as I hope to then I will keep them, but if not then they will get returned to an outlet in BFE and some lucky local will get them for $200 or much less.
1. They were ticketed at $250. That's what they were listed for and that's what you paid. You only found out after the fact that they once planned to sell it for less. You're legally bound to that price.

2. No, a retail store can say it was tagged wrong. They aren't legally bound to anything. If an employee tagged it wrong, they aren't forced to sell it at that price. They can make you aware of the correct price and then you have the option to buy it at that price.

3. No issue with returning them.

Last edited:
Did you buy them based on the price on the box or the price they posted them for sale online? When you buy something listed for $100 on their site and then you get it and the box says $150 do you call them and tell them you owe them $50? No? So in that case you defer to the price listed when you bought it, not what the box label says. So Nike can lower the suggested price but not raise it? Where is that in the rules? You're not holding Nike accountable. You're whining about a technicality you learned after the fact. Hold yourself accountable for what you agreed to pay.

This is really a dumb argument. Not sure why I got in it. I guess bc my folks own retail stores and I hate when people try to nickel and dime them over petty ****.
Actually I chose to pass because of the price (which is incorrect) listed on the site. If they had actually listed them $50 cheaper (what the box price says), I might’ve actually thought about purchasing. I’m clearly not the only consumer that felt this way seeing a lot of the sizes were still on the site throughout the day.

I actually work on packaging at my job and the MSRP is the retail price. If the company makes an error on the suggested price, they then have to update the price tag or order completely new boxes. We get samples of boxes and tags before they even go out to the consumers so this specific issue doesn’t happen. It’s multiple steps before the consumer even gets the product into the box. We are nowhere near as big as Nike so someone made an error somewhere. Something was overlooked multiple times somewhere.

If the product is sold to a third party then they can determine the price. That is a whole different conversation at that point. Mom and Pop shops and other retailers can then set their own price. Nike however is not the third party company selling.

I know my example is a different shoe, but same situation. I got 2 pairs of the concord golf shoes from Nike for $220. The first was an early access pair. This pair had the MSRP tab saying $200, I later was able to buy on RD and that one arrived with the MSRP tab removed... I did think that was a little odd.

Actually I chose to pass because of the price (which is incorrect) listed on the site. If they had actually listed them $50 cheaper (what the box price says), I might’ve actually thought about purchasing. I’m clearly not the only consumer that felt this way seeing a lot of the sizes were still on the site throughout the day.

I actually work on packaging at my job and the MSRP is the retail price. If the company makes an error on the suggested price, they then have to update the price tag or order completely new boxes. We get samples of boxes and tags before they even go out to the consumers so this specific issue doesn’t happen. It’s multiple steps before the consumer even gets the product into the box. We are nowhere near as big as Nike so someone made an error somewhere. Something was overlooked multiple times somewhere.

If the product is sold to a third party then they can determine the price. That is a whole different conversation at that point. Mom and Pop shops and other retailers can then set their own price. Nike however is not the third party company selling.
We're talking about pairs from Social Status, a third party.

As for Nike, they did change the tag. The pricetag online was clearly listed as $250. This isn't a case of a customer getting a box with $200 on it and walking to the register expecting to pay $200 and being hit with $250. The $250 was very clear from jump.

I know my example is a different shoe, but same situation. I got 2 pairs of the concord golf shoes from Nike for $220. The first was an early access pair. This pair had the MSRP tab saying $200, I later was able to buy on RD and that one arrived with the MSRP tab removed... I did think that was a little odd.
These shoes are made way in advance. It's not unusual for a company to change the price on something during or after production. That's all that happened here. Nike should just stop putting the MSRP on the box to avoid this stuff.

We're talking about pairs from Social Status, a third party.

As for Nike, they did change the tag. The pricetag online was clearly listed as $250. This isn't a case of a customer getting a box with $200 on it and walking to the register expecting to pay $200 and being hit with $250. The $250 was very clear from jump.

There is still an issue ....Nike has to rip off the box price tags or remake all the tags sold through their retailer. That’s how you avoid this problem. Social Status has the right to sale them at that $250 price point as a third party retailer but Nike does not until they change the retail tag. That is the difference.

It’s just like the Black Sheep x Nike Dunk SB Black Hornets that released yesterday for example. Local third party skate shops can charge a little bit extra if they choose too. That isn’t a problem, they have the right too. So you can have a case where you pay $140 for an $110 price tag. However on Nike SNKRS.....directly through the Nike retailer.....they are $110...and when consumers get the box....the tag will say $110.

There is still an issue ....Nike has to rip off the box price tags or remake all the tags sold through their retailer. That’s how you avoid this problem. Social Status has the right to sale them at that $250 price point as a third party retailer but Nike does not until they change the retail tag. That is the difference.

It’s just like the Black Sheep x Nike Dunk SB Black Hornets that released yesterday for example. Local third party skate shops can charge a little bit extra if they choose too. That isn’t a problem, they have the right too. So you can have a case where you pay $140 for an $110 price tag. However on Nike SNKRS.....directly through the Nike retailer.....they are $110...and when consumers get the box....the tag will say $110.
It's Nike's product. They can sell it for whatever they want. They aren't legally bound to anything. If they list it for $250, it's $250. They may change the price for people that whine over the box tag but that's them doing a courtesy to shut up people that whined, not bc they are bound to it.

81D54BC4-EE16-4E26-A5E3-3202C967DAD7.jpeg
E188467B-47DC-4267-BF1B-F2034A46F993.jpeg
2EBE63AD-1EB9-4DC9-9006-9D8BDB81DAA5.jpeg
76842A53-BA02-4849-A82C-36A7842F1589.jpeg

Actually pretty cool in person.
Apparently my roommate ordered 4 pairs on accident through social status.
And they shipped them all lol
Had these been flying or hyped, they would have cancelled more than likely.
I think that is kind of stupid from that view point.

Finished result! Threw a little matte on the snakeskin but might do more. Swapped out OG Laces for leather laces. Feel like this shouldve went a lot worse than it did but i absolutely love them like this more.
20190223_113438.jpg
20190223_113454.jpg
Looks great fam! What type of clippers did you use? Like actual hair clippers or more along the lines of a beard trimmer?

Looks great fam! What type of clippers did you use? Like actual hair clippers or more along the lines of a beard trimmer?
Both actually! Hair clippers to take the big portion of hair off and then beard clippers to get hard to reach spots and smooth everything out.

Back
Top Bottom