Air jordan 7 Playoffs retro 2022 - 30th anniversary

i actually think it was around 2004-2006 that they started calling them (Raptors) when jalen rose wore them with his time in Toronto.

And if you were born early 90’s (or 89 like me) then it makes perfect sense to call them Raptors if thats what people were calling them. I got into sneakers heavy around that time, so obvi imma pick up on the lingo then.

09632810-C319-43F4-8C23-D4D03FAE117B.jpeg

795442DA-EDC3-4A9C-876A-4B9A60F742C6.jpeg

05D091F1-F77F-473B-A697-DE82C7DC68EE.jpeg

Who from here gonna email these guys to change these to the correct name?

I never seen so much hardcore gatekeeping on NT. :sick:

I grew up calling these Raptors. Just what people called em, sneakerhead circle whatever you wanna call it. The real ones know its Playoffs, or whatever you wanna call it cool. :lol: They are still also known as Raptors and we having these old heads over here trying to correct people on whats right when they also know they are known as Raptors. Good lord. Im 32, im calling these Raptors you can call em Playoffs, it aint that serious.
No, no gatekeeping, all that was said was they were never called that until the mid 2000s with the influx of new sneaker heads.

And the reason they’re called the Raptors on all those sneaker re-selling apps that you listed, is to appeal to the new Zoomers or young Sneakerheadz who would presumably be buying them. They were NEVER called that. Up until the mid 2000s there.

And also all I ever said was the Raptors name for the Playoff 7s is quite the idiotic nickname for them.

Hell, instead of Playoff 7’s call them the Shrug 7’s.

Makes much more sense.

You know the game where he hit 6 threes I a half when Clyde and the Blazers dumb coach said Mike couldn’t hit the three ball. And then he proceeded to score 35 points in only 15 minutes in the first half alone, well on his way to a 70 point caliber NBA Finals game (if the game was more competitive) and sodomizing his closest competition at his position and the MVP runner up, in Clyde Drexler?

The link between the legendary performance from that iconic signature athlete in those specific shoes makes much more sense and is stronger than little hits of 90s vibrant color splash (even though the OG purple was matte) being labeled the Raptors. In reference to an NBA teams color pattern that wasn’t born until 4-5 years later? And not even getting that name until 14-15 years after the fact?

Just saying. No one is saying you can’t call them Raptors, my dude. It’s just dumb.

Most nicknames besides Flu Game, Olympic, Bred, Playoffs, Columbias, Taxis, Concord etc which are all topical to the shoe or the coded coloring on said shoe or more importantly the athletes performance are CRINGE as hell. And that Raptors name leads the way because it’s so nonsensical.

I will say I prefer Bordeaux’s over Raptors. Never owned a pair of the Raptors though. Had the Cardinals, Bordos, Olys (very briefly, dont even count it as I got them and believe I used them as a trade piece not long after I had em) and those Maize pair that came out, think it was a womens pair. Loved em though, ended up balling in them and cracked my ankle a few times but its all good.

D25503E4-4989-4B3F-BD5A-CE8C2FCBFEC4.jpeg

I will call them the Bred Bugs for all I care as long they come back looking like that top pic.

Yeah I don’t get why it’s not as simple as calling the Grey/Blacks playoffs and the black/blacks raptors or vice versa

I’m confused at those 2012 release StockX/GOAT pics lol did they both drop (grey black and black on black) ?

Last edited:
Yeah I don’t get why it’s not as simple as calling the Grey/Blacks playoffs and the black/blacks raptors

I’m confused at those 2012 release StockX pics lol did they both drop (grey black and black on black) ?

Bottom pic is Goat.

The thing to note here is that some people take sneakers more seriously than others, and in this era, the ones who don’t take it seriously are the VAST VAST MAJORITY of the market, therefore everything will be catered to them, even in error.

What are you even saying, what is in error here exactly?

What are you even saying, what is in error here exactly?

Assuming he’s saying that even tho they undeniably and factually are the Playoffs edition (as all 6 Ring Run black based colorways were called simply bc that’s when he brought them out each year)

They’re gonna be marketed as the Raptors bc most people who are gonna care about them and be the reason they’re $500+ on resell sites know them as “Raptors” or will call them that because of the colors

Personally I don’t care although I think the Playoff name is cooler bc that’s literally when he brought them out lol

I was a kid when DMPs dropped, so pardon the ignorance, but they dropped the black on black in 2012 and the DMP’s were the black/grey?

Assuming he’s saying that even tho they undeniably and factually are the Playoffs edition (as all 6 Ring Run black based colorways were called simply bc that’s when he brought them out each year)

They’re gonna be marketed as the Raptors bc most people who are gonna care about them and be the reason they’re $500+ on resell sites know them as “Raptors” or will call them that because of the colors

Personally I don’t care although I think the Playoff name is cooler bc that’s literally when he brought them out lol

I was a kid when DMPs dropped, so pardon the ignorance, but they dropped the black on black in 2012 and the DMP’s were the black/grey?

So is Raptors an incorrect nickname as of a shoe cant have 2?

Are we calling them Playoff 11’s or Breds?

So is Raptors an incorrect nickname as of a shoe cant have 2?

Are we calling them Playoff 11’s or Breds?

Dude i was born around the time dude was last consistently hitting the playoffs so im certainly not the authority :lol: I’ve never heard “Playoff 4’s/5’s/6’s” even tho those have Black/Red colorways so who knows lol

Bred was also always a weird name to me lol especially when sites like Nicekicks and **** use the bread emojis with it.

Is this a racial joke? 😝 but seriously whatever floats your boat. I just think the Raptors name has no relation to either the colorway or the signature athlete. It’s just a dumb nickname

So you think its a dumb nickname, which is fine to have that opinion, but you accept it right?

Back
Top Bottom