Air jordan 7 Playoffs retro 2022 - 30th anniversary

I guess it's just different points of reference I suppose. I can never bring myself to call them that simply because the raptors weren't in existence when that shoe came out. Makes no sense to me. Again, one of the reasons why I hate the term "sneakerhead" and all the stuff that comes with it, nonsensical nicknames included lol.

Bro all shoes do. You just can’t see it while playing. Getty Images and the press associates aren’t taking pics of you while playing 🤦‍♂️
Nah..
Some shoes roll over really bad like EJs 7s in the pic. Others don’t. Some you can stop on a dime at full speed and they don’t roll like that, just depends. But do your thing chief

Nah..
Some shoes roll over really bad like EJs 7s in the pic. Others don’t. Some you can stop on a dime at full speed and they don’t roll like that, just depends. But do your thing chief
EXD0U_-XQAAdG-t.jpg

I guess it's just different points of reference I suppose. I can never bring myself to call them that simply because the raptors weren't in existence when that shoe came out. Makes no sense to me. Again, one of the reasons why I hate the term "sneakerhead" and all the stuff that comes with it, nonsensical nicknames included lol.
Agreed. Black was playoff Jordan’s. Until the XII and you had bred and playoff. But both only used in the playoffs. Sneaker head groupie culture

True but thats just what I always referred to them as.

Being born in 2000, I definitely called them Raptors until I ended up here in 2011. Upon learning all that I have over the years from being here, I immediately stopped calling the Playoff 7s the "Raptors". To call them the name of a team that didn't even exist when they came out is silly to me, but people are free to use whatever terms they please. They are just shoes but for me personally it's either Playoffs or Dark Charcoal as the name for them.

Last edited:
I call these sneakers, I don’t care what anyone says. It’s what I call them and it’s my money and I want it now!

Here we go again with that 💩 about that idiotic Raptors nickname for those pair of classic VII.

And my stance is still F that dumber than remedial nickname.

Anyone who gladly accepts that corny nickname or proudly refers to them as that doesn't know 💩 about basketball and the history of the game.

How the F are you going to nickname those shoes after a team that entered the NBA as an expansion team 3 years after those shoes came out? I don't give a 💩 about that team's colors matching those VII because it doesn't justify naming it after that team predicated on timeline inaccuracy.

They will always be Jordan VII Playoff or Charcoal to me because they were initially made for Michael Jordan during the 1991-92 season and the 1992 NBA Playoffs.

never understood why they used purple on these

Was a sign of the times. During that era funky colors on clothing/shoes were all the rage.
I think they also knew fairly early on that people might get bored with just white black fire red over and over on the pairs that MJ wore on court. They started with switching up the color red on the 6 and continued adding different accent colors with the 7/8. Then when MJ came back from retirement we saw it with the concord 11s, taxi 12s. As much as I like a clean bulls cw, I always loved the little hits of random colors on those particular models.

Nah..
Yes but they all do. That’s not bad either. Those are also pro athletes. Much more speed and force than you or rec center ilk. And your shoe does it too, you can’t see it while playing.

I think they also knew fairly early on that people might get bored with just white black fire red over and over on the pairs that MJ wore on court. They started with switching up the color red on the 6 and continued adding different accent colors with the 7/8. Then when MJ came back from retirement we saw it with the concord 11s, taxi 12s. As much as I like a clean bulls cw, I always loved the little hits of random colors on those particular models.
Visibly the AJ XI and AJ XII are what they appear to be which is just look primarily a white and black shoe, just classy.

Small hits of color had nothing to do with what you’re saying.

The flamboyant colors of the infrared on then 6, then all the African type color scheming was a hot thing in 92 and 93 on the 7 and 8. In Living Color, and just the vibrancy of clothes at that time. Nothing to do with anything else.

The first IX was white, and black. The first X was white, black and grey.

Yes but they all do. That’s not bad either. Those are also pro athletes. Much more speed and force than you or rec center ilk. And your shoe does it too, you can’t see it while playing.

Visibly the AJ XI and AJ XII are what they appear to be which is just look primarily a white and black shoe, just classy.

Small hits of color had nothing to do with what you’re saying.

The flamboyant colors of the infrared on then 6, then all the African type color scheming was a hot thing in 92 and 93 on the 7 and 8. In Living Color, and just the vibrancy of clothes at that time. Nothing to do with anything else.

The first IX was white, and black. The first X was white, black and grey.
The first X had blue in it.

Back
Top Bottom