Air Jordan 8 Retro LS navy/peapod

I think they look real good once you put them on. I like these and the Anthracites, im curious to see what people say in 2-4 years about these

These would've been nice if there wasn't any peapod on them. I'm a sucker for orange n blue kicks

I've wondered why people hate the outta norm color ways? As a young person I love them. I love the fact that JB has gone away from the basic black, whites,grays, and reds and expanded it's product to a wider variety of unique color ways. IMO the worst 8's to date were the OG Black/Aquas and were blownoutta the water by the White/Anthracites, Ice Blue/Orange Blaze, and the Peapods. Guess thats just me though.

Also, anyone who claims the recent LS releases look like variants haven't seen the actual variant imitations. They're completely horrible compared tothe authentic shoe, especially the Anthracite imitations. They can't even get the anthracite and the orange colors on point, let alone the quality of thematerial.

DTRT, I completely agree with you. I, for one, love all of the LS colors because they aren't white/black/red. You can only have so many kicks that color. I have almost every LS release to come out and I love them all. Those are the shoes that truly break heads. I can't even tell you how many timesI've gotten compliments on my Peapods, Stealth 1's, and DTRT III's. I don't ball, so why get the original ballin' colors? Some peoplewill never change though. It's obvious that Brand Jordan is turning towards the youth as their base. I still love a lot of the OG colorways, but like yousaid, Peapods and Athracites>>>>>>>>>>Aquas. I wore my aquas once and I asked myself why I even paid $100 with my discount forthem. Talking about hype. I think there are heads out there that are all about OG HYPE.

Yep, the aquas were my first pair as well. Grabbed the shirt with them as I always do with a pair of J's, wore it, and was disappointed. Yeah they turned afew heads, but it wasn't that rare, stand out, head breaker most thought it would be. I and others were much more impressed with my Anthracite's withthe "Stop the fakes" Tee. Got more looks and questions wearing them once than I've got wearing my Aquas three times. I was also more impressedwith the Ice Blue/Orange blaze, more compliments, and a lotta broken heads. A simple, Unique color way, that just stands out. Same thing with the DTRTIII's. Best Retro III release imo, and definitely turned the most heads. I love what JB's doing with the retro releases and I can tell you it'sreal popular with the younger populace.

^^i dont know where you live but where im at if you rock disgusting kicks like the DTRT III's or the peapods you are considered colorblind

Honestly, I didn't like them until I saw my boy with them on his feet. I'd rock, but I agree with anyone who says the Anthracites are trash. Looks likesomebody spilled a bucket of UGH on those...
sick.gif

Anthracites >> over Peapod 8's IMO.

Peapod 8's just don't do it for me, too much navy blue and orange for my tastes.

I copped on RD. I was one of only like 5-6 people there waiting for the store to open. Regardless of all the hate, these jointz is mean. These are def. headturners here in Baltimore. Everytime I wore them, quite a few headz would ask the usual questions... (yo, when they come out, where u get them from??)
laugh.gif

These is real mean tho, I def. don't regret coppin these...

Originally Posted by aj23kicks

DTRT, I completely agree with you. I, for one, love all of the LS colors because they aren't white/black/red. You can only have so many kicks that color. I have almost every LS release to come out and I love them all. Those are the shoes that truly break heads. I can't even tell you how many times I've gotten compliments on my Peapods, Stealth 1's, and DTRT III's. I don't ball, so why get the original ballin' colors? Some people will never change though. It's obvious that Brand Jordan is turning towards the youth as their base. I still love a lot of the OG colorways, but like you said, Peapods and Athracites>>>>>>>>>>Aquas. I wore my aquas once and I asked myself why I even paid $100 with my discount for them. Talking about hype. I think there are heads out there that are all about OG HYPE.

I saw these at the Villa and walked away from them. I just kept sayin' to myself I gotta have them. Not many others will. In time they will wish theydid. I went back a week later bought the last pair of 11's took em home added them to the collection happy I did. Dare to be different! Right on aj23I'm with ya. Still gettin' the playoffs when they come too! Later
devil.gif
devil.gif

OG Black/Aquas and were blown outta the water by the White/Anthracites, Ice Blue/Orange Blaze, and the Peapods

frown.gif
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

LMAO i'd give the benefit of liking the pea-pods or even the anthracites more than the aquas, but those powder blue wmns joints, i see u jus talkinwreckless now

I just don't like the aquas a much as most do. They just don't stand out and attract attention. Too basic I guess. When I rock the Ice Blue/OrangeBlaze or the White/Anthracites I can feel people looking at em. They're attractive shoes.

I Have 2 Pair.
...With The Right Clothes Orange And Blue Good Best Together.

Yup, those are on sale down the street from my house for $120, if they go down, i MIGHT look at buying them

Back
Top Bottom