Air Jordan Future Featuring xi sole 2014

You guys all wear socks with these, or not? I think they look better without.
sick.gif
not wearing socks

I think I'm gonna need to grab myself a pair, first time being in this thread so please excuse some dumb questions. One question is what is retail and what colorways had released so far?

I am looking for the Jordan Future in the BRED colorway and the all black one with GITD sole for a decent price in size 9.5,

does anybody know someone? The Ebay prices are insane!

Thanks

Anyone have any insight as to why numbered Jordans stopped including visible air after the 6?  I believe following the AM1, the Jordan 3 was the next shoe to feature it, and I believe the 3 is what put Jordan on the map.  Prior to that sales were very poor.  I for one was love visible air, and started to lose interest after the 6, even though I enjoyed my bordeaux 7s.... I really do like the 11 sole though.  I wonder if it was a design decision.  i.e. It just wouldn't look good, and disrupt the flow of he design.  That's one question I would ask Tinker if I ever got the chance.  I like the black/white futures as a clean, basic shoe when I want to wear something comfortable that's not too flashy.  I would have like to have seen visible air designed into the 11 sole though.  That would have brought something new to that heritage.  

Anyone have any insight as to why numbered Jordans stopped including visible air after the 6?  I believe following the AM1, the Jordan 3 was the next shoe to feature it, and I believe the 3 is what put Jordan on the map.  Prior to that sales were very poor.  I for one was love visible air, and started to lose interest after the 6, even though I enjoyed my bordeaux 7s.... I really do like the 11 sole though.  I wonder if it was a design decision.  i.e. It just wouldn't look good, and disrupt the flow of he design.  That's one question I would ask Tinker if I ever got the chance.  I like the black/white futures as a clean, basic shoe when I want to wear something comfortable that's not too flashy.  I would have like to have seen visible air designed into the 11 sole though.  That would have brought something new to that heritage.  
Can I ask... How Old Are You?  The way the paragraph is written, I can't tell the generation you're from. That will explain alot to me.

Personally, I just think the Visible Air was purely a Design Decision. After a while, some features become kind of played out, so they went w/ something different at the time.

Sales were definitely NOT POOR w/ the Air Jordan I... can't say the same about the II's, but I don't think Visible Air came into the mix as a tactic to increase sales. It was just a New Tech at the time and they were putting it on Almost EVERYTHING in the Late 80's.

You're the Very 1st Person that I've ever heard say they would like to have seen a Visible Air Bubble on the Air Jordan XI's... I could just imagine it, and... 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

via air on xi would be terrible & look like those am x xi flea market/gas station fakes

Last edited:
Can I ask... How Old Are You?  The way the paragraph is written, I can't tell the generation you're from. That will explain alot to me.

Personally, I just think the Visible Air was purely a Design Decision. After a while, some features become kind of played out, so they went w/ something different at the time.

Sales were definitely NOT POOR w/ the Air Jordan I... can't say the same about the II's, but I don't think Visible Air came into the mix as a tactic to increase sales. It was just a New Tech at the time and they were putting it on Almost EVERYTHING in the Late 80's.

You're the Very 1st Person that I've ever heard say they would like to have seen a Visible Air Bubble on the Air Jordan XI's... I could just imagine it, and... :x :x :x  

i think they wanted to a more streamlined design after the VII and went totally left field for the 7s, thus doing away with the visible air. the 6s had a more rounded toebox than previous models. it's pretty much just attributed to progression in design at the time. the 7s would look god awful with a air bubble.

Heh, yeah....Not on the original 11s, but maybe somehow adapt the 11 soles for the Futures....maybe not such a good thought...heh.  I thought I read somwhere (it's been awhile), that Jordan wasn't happy with the 1 and 2, and that the 3 was the first shoe he really had greater influence on, and that it had much better results.  It was also the first Tinker Jordan as well I think.  Maybe I'm mistaken.

I'm 39....first Nike was the Trainer TW (even though I wanted the SCIII).  Then moved to the cement 4, metallic 5, infrared 6, bordeau 7, then the black 8, then left jordan brand.  Threw out the 8s around 7 years ago, and now wishing I had held onto them.  Just got back into it last year (15 pickups...ouch...though not all jordans...a lot of AM, Trainer 3s, and some retro Jays....All with visible air except my most recent 11 nightshades).... Thinking about the black and white (even though full blackout would be optimal)...

Cheers.

i think they wanted to a more streamlined design after the VII and went totally left field for the 7s, thus doing away with the visible air. the 6s had a more rounded toebox than previous models. it's pretty much just attributed to progression in design at the time. the 7s would look god awful with a air bubble.
No doubt!  It would be interesting to see their sketch designs at the time for the 7 as they decided whether to exclude visible air.

Heh, yeah....Not on the original 11s, but maybe somehow adapt the 11 soles for the Futures....maybe not such a good thought...heh.  I thought I read somwhere (it's been awhile), that Jordan wasn't happy with the 1 and 2, and that the 3 was the first shoe he really had greater influence on, and that it had much better results.  It was also the first Tinker Jordan as well I think.  Maybe I'm mistaken.

I'm 39....first Nike was the Trainer TW (even though I wanted the SCIII).  Then moved to the cement 4, metallic 5, infrared 6, bordeau 7, then the black 8, then left jordan brand.  Threw out the 8s around 7 years ago, and now wishing I had held onto them.  Just got back into it last year (15 pickups...ouch...though not all jordans...a lot of AM, Trainer 3s, and some retro Jays....All with visible air except my most recent 11 nightshades).... Thinking about the black and white (even though full blackout would be optimal)...

Cheers.
Okay cool, I figured that! So you've been around awhile and pretty much seen it all... NICE!

I'll be 29 in a few months, so my 1st recollection w/ Jordan's start at the AJ V's. Like you, I figure I'll probably step away from the Game every now & then as I get older, but I'll eventually always come back, as long as the classics still exists.

Prices & Hype are Out of Control, right now and the BS can leave a bad taste in your mouth, but hopefully, the Game will be in a better condition for us True Fans in another 5-10 yrs after the Sneaker Fad w/ the Kids goes away... that would make it much more enjoyable to still be apart of as I age.

Last edited:

Okay cool, I figured that! So you've been around awhile and pretty much seen it all... NICE!

I'll be 29 in a few months, so my 1st recollection w/ Jordan's start at the AJ V's. Like you, I figure I'll probably step away from the Game every now & then as I get older, but I'll eventually always come back, as long as the classics still exists.

Prices & Hype are Out of Control, right now and the BS can leave a bad taste in your mouth, but hopefully, the Game will be in a better condition for us True Fans in another 5-10 yrs after the Sneaker Fad w/ the Kids goes away... that would make it much more enjoyable to still be apart of as I age.
Here here my friend!  I'm wishing I can just walk into a store, or go online the week or month of launch of the black/white future and just buy it b/c I like it.  Now I'm just hoping I can get it launch day.  The big question is whether I need to be up at 5am to do so.... oh well.... One thing is for sure, I'm not paying reseller prices, and I wear ALL of my shoes no matter how exclusive and rare.  We'll see how it goes....

I have to correct my post,

I need a size 9.5 for the BREDs or all black with the GITD sole for a fair price!

Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom