• 1/2 Size Big (buy a half size down)

Votes: 57 8.4%
  • True to Size (buy your true size)

Votes: 551 80.9%
  • 1/2 Size Small (buy a half size up)

Votes: 73 10.7%

• Total voters
rainking rainking

Yo, can you elaborate more on how Nike has been getting the Cement gray wrong on the retro 3s?

Are there any other shoes we can refer to that have the right color grey besides the 1988 OGs?

rainking rainking

Yo, can you elaborate more on how Nike has been getting the Cement gray wrong on the retro 3s?

Are there any other shoes we can refer to that have the right color grey besides the 1988 OGs?
It's not the color but how high the elephant print panel goes up to the toes and more importantly how the shape of the toe box is boxy. The OG version was much slanted and elephant print sat low. After this BC3 release Nike made them the OG way on other colorways. The red pair with the CHI on the back is the first I recall. I think that was 2020 All star weekend.

It's not the color but how high the elephant print panel goes up to the toes and more importantly how the shape of the toe box is boxy. The OG version was much slanted and elephant print sat low. After this BC3 release Nike made them the OG way on other colorways. The red pair with the CHI on the back is the first I recall. I think that was 2020 All star weekend.
That's not what I'm talking about.

The user I've mentioned has spoken on the shade of Cement grey used on the retros.

The cement part isn't the elephant print, it's the other grey accents on the shoe.

rainking rainking

That's not what I'm talking about.

The user I've mentioned has spoken on the shade of Cement grey used on the retros.

The cement part isn't the elephant print, it's the other grey accents on the shoe.
When I say that about the gray, I do mean the gray of the elephant print. Not the black lines (which we all know are perpetually too thick and black), but rather the actual gray material. All I can say is, look at pics of the OGs and then of countless OG-colorway retros. On the WCIIIs, for example, the gray EP panels on the retros look like too light of a shade to my eyes. All the other things peacebrand peacebrand mentioned are/have been big issues, as well, obviously.

I have some slight yellowing on the front area of the shoe… thank goodness everything seems ok so far coz these gotta be my most worn Jordan shoe.

A46D9A53-AEA8-42EC-AE13-16D736788B1F.jpeg

0C43ABC2-1686-4BF5-AACA-C19E1D2CB201.jpeg

When I say that about the gray, I do mean the gray of the elephant print. Not the black lines (which we all know are perpetually too thick and black), but rather the actual gray material. All I can say is, look at pics of the OGs and then of countless OG-colorway retros. On the WCIIIs, for example, the gray EP panels on the retros look like too light of a shade to my eyes. All the other things peacebrand peacebrand mentioned are/have been big issues, as well, obviously.
It was an old post where you said Cement Gray, not anything from the last few pages.

Since Cement Gray was used on the uppers and the soles I thought that's what you were talking about. Seeing the lighter EP throughout the years now, I got you.

Should the elephant print and the grey on the uppers and sole all be the same shade?

It was an old post where you said Cement Gray, not anything from the last few pages.

Since Cement Gray was used on the uppers and the soles I thought that's what you were talking about. Seeing the lighter EP throughout the years now, I got you.

Should the elephant print and the grey on the uppers and sole all be the same shade?

I can't answer that one, it's been a million years since I've seen an OG pair, or even a '94 retro pair, in person. I'm sure the idea was to match all the gray's on the WCIIIs, at least, but whether the materials were ever an exact color match, I don't know. Wouldn't surprise me to learn the gray on the soles wasn't absolutely exactly the same as the EP gray, just due to the different materials used for each. Honestly, that's never been a detail I've thought about or looked at closely.

I don't think it's mold. A lot of people have said it's due to variation in storage conditions as mentioned above... but I also think it has something to do with the quality of the leather too. If you watch any of the Rose Anvil sneaker/leather breakdown videos, it seems like a lot of the black "leather" used in Jordans have been low grade with a polyurethane coating on top - the glitter could be a result of that coating drying out too

Back
Top Bottom