What’s the sizing?

• 1/2 Size Big (buy a half size down)

Votes: 57 8.4%
  • True to Size (buy your true size)

Votes: 551 80.9%
  • 1/2 Size Small (buy a half size up)

Votes: 73 10.7%

• Total voters
There was a lot of buzz when this retro released of pics of that guy on IG who did the same thing with the 3's. Completely changed the shape etc. It's prob way back in this thread somewhere. Anyone remember? I'll try to look.

There was a lot of buzz when this retro released of pics of that guy on IG who did the same thing with the 3's. Completely changed the shape etc. It's prob way back in this thread somewhere. Anyone remember? I'll try to look.
It was hoopfr3sh on ig. Pg 685 in the thread. Seems like the pics are all removed now. ? They did look super good though.

I'm just asking a question. I don't know how else to phrase it.

Does bending/stretching the toe box of a sneaker in any way negatively effect the integrity of the outsole or toe box?
From what I just saw In that video, youre just doing a couple of quick passes with the iron so it doesn't mess anything up. Seems pretty simple... If I have an iron I will try it later today

I decided to try ironing my toebox. I don't have any shoe trees so I was forced to use socks to fill the toe which is probably why my pair didn't come out as well as the other guy's did. Could also be due to size as well as EP height difference. My iron was pretty hot even on a low setting and I didn't want to risk heating up the glue that was bonding the toe to the upper, so I decided to stop at this point. However they're a bit less boxy than they were prior to doing this so I'm content.
20190228_164243.jpg
20190228_164341.jpg
20190228_164420.jpg

I wasn't aware that reshaping the toebox was a "Thing".

Lucky for me that I don't like the way it looks.

Dudes acting like women when it comes to their shoes nowadays talking about contrast, puff density, EP height, toebox ironing, etc. Beyond lame. Just wear the kicks and enjoy them. The nitpicking is getting quite absurd and embarrassing at this point.

Last edited:
Dudes acting like women when it comes to their shoes nowadays talking about contrast, puff density, EP height, toebox ironing, etc. Beyond lame. Just wear the kicks and enjoy them. The nitpicking is getting quite absurd and embarrassing at this point.

I feel you! :rofl::rofl:

I mean, if it that big of a deal to them then iron away!

yeah but that guy's alteration is a pipe dream unless you want to devote your life to it.

Anyone can do this

I decided to try ironing my toebox. I don't have any shoe trees so I was forced to use socks to fill the toe which is probably why my pair didn't come out as well as the other guy's did. Could also be due to size as well as EP height difference. My iron was pretty hot even on a low setting and I didn't want to risk heating up the glue that was bonding the toe to the upper, so I decided to stop at this point. However they're a bit less boxy than they were prior to doing this so I'm content.
20190228_164243.jpg
20190228_164341.jpg
20190228_164420.jpg
Even so, they still look a hundred percent better. That quick session you did turned them into actual basketball sneakers.

even if we're all women, what's wrong with that? smh...not a very smart comment

Even so, they still look a hundred percent better. That quick session you did turned them into actual basketball sneakers.
I know right? It's still crazy how much a slimmer toe really does help these. Don't wanna go iron crazy but it'd be interesting to see if the same trick could be done to the 5's to give them the sleek and aerodynamic look they had when they first released.
PicsArt_02-28-07.31.40.jpg

I know right? It's still crazy how much a slimmer toe really does help these. Don't wanna go iron crazy but it'd be interesting to see if the same trick could be done to the 5's to give them the sleek and aerodynamic look they had when they first released.
PicsArt_02-28-07.31.40.jpg
dude if you somehow fix the metallic 5s youre a god among men

Back
Top Bottom