Air Jordan III True Blue's releasing June 2011?

Originally Posted by rareair45

People use sneaker shields?
They are shoes, They are going to crease. Just enjoy them.
Who said I don't enjoy my shoes?  I simply enjoy wearing and keeping'em looking DS for as long as possible.  

Who said I don't enjoy my shoes?  I simply enjoy wearing and keeping'em looking DS for as long as possible.  

Originally Posted by stevedensmore

From the statements above it seems like they are not very comfortable? Wearing uncomfortable shoes wouldn't be an enjoyment to me.

Originally Posted by stevedensmore

From the statements above it seems like they are not very comfortable? Wearing uncomfortable shoes wouldn't be an enjoyment to me.

My pair from FinishLine should show up today. the pair from Eastbay however is still listed as open...should I expect the order to be cancelled or am I still good?

My pair from FinishLine should show up today. the pair from Eastbay however is still listed as open...should I expect the order to be cancelled or am I still good?

Got mine in just now from Finishline

Lil' dirt spot on the laces, almost unnoticeable

And a few light awkward creases

Still

smh

Got mine in just now from Finishline

Lil' dirt spot on the laces, almost unnoticeable

And a few light awkward creases

Still

smh

Originally Posted by robxdrew

Originally Posted by rojanjon

Is this all true?
Yes and no, I agree with basically everything but the silica packets statement.  Silica has never dried out any of the leather or materials of my kicks.  I keep one medium sized or two small silica packs in all my boxes, but I store all of my kicks in UNSEALED two gallon zip lock bags, because shoes need to breathe.  Also, I think it has a lot to do with where you live.  I live in West Florida so it is very humid here and hot throughout the majority of the year.  If you live in a cool dry climate you probably don't need silica as much but I don't think it will hurt to have one in the box.

At some point you need to wear your kicks and let them breathe.  If you plan on keeping them DS for a few years you might want to take them out of the box once every few months and leave them out for a few days to let them breathe.

nerd.gif

56c361f25497c0168c9f6760a96b20edb30cdf45_r.jpg

My almost five year old Stealth's
pimp.gif

What I'm more concerned about is the paper. Is it really acidic enough to deteriorate a pair of kicks? 
nerd.gif
Just like my fellow colleague and personal friend rojan stated, there are many factors that attribute to deterioration of leather and other materials on shoes. As far as the paper, hypothetically yes it can to a degree if it remains in the box, on the paper, and in an environment that is extremely humid for an extended period of time. rojan and I live in the same region of Florida so his approach to storage is exactly the same as mine. Let them breath, put them in a bag, and all will be well ..... Most importantly, WEAR THEM!

Originally Posted by rojanjon

Is this all true?
Yes and no, I agree with basically everything but the silica packets statement.  Silica has never dried out any of the leather or materials of my kicks.  I keep one medium sized or two small silica packs in all my boxes, but I store all of my kicks in UNSEALED two gallon zip lock bags, because shoes need to breathe.  Also, I think it has a lot to do with where you live.  I live in West Florida so it is very humid here and hot throughout the majority of the year.  If you live in a cool dry climate you probably don't need silica as much but I don't think it will hurt to have one in the box.

At some point you need to wear your kicks and let them breathe.  If you plan on keeping them DS for a few years you might want to take them out of the box once every few months and leave them out for a few days to let them breathe.

nerd.gif

56c361f25497c0168c9f6760a96b20edb30cdf45_r.jpg

My almost five year old Stealth's
pimp.gif

What I'm more concerned about is the paper. Is it really acidic enough to deteriorate a pair of kicks? 
nerd.gif
Just like my fellow colleague and personal friend rojan stated, there are many factors that attribute to deterioration of leather and other materials on shoes. As far as the paper, hypothetically yes it can to a degree if it remains in the box, on the paper, and in an environment that is extremely humid for an extended period of time. rojan and I live in the same region of Florida so his approach to storage is exactly the same as mine. Let them breath, put them in a bag, and all will be well ..... Most importantly, WEAR THEM!

Back
Top Bottom