Air Jordan III - WHITE/CEMENT GREY/BLACK/FIRE RED - 136064-105 - SPRING 2011

Chief Ediri wrote:
Originally Posted by Magic1978

Originally Posted by Chief Ediri

I hope you guys understand the sneaker community has basically gave JB the greenlight to charge $150 a pair now right?

Is that the reason I can find XII's and VI's still on shelves?

To be honest, the favorable colorways of the XIIs(Flu Games/WhiteReds) have just begun to sell out not too long ago, plus even before, people still bought them up.
The Varsity Red VIs sold out in about 2-3 weeks. The Pistons are instant outlet shoe and the Oreos will take some time before stock clears.

Just because it didn't sell out doesn't mean it didn't sell well.

I have said this many times before and everyone seems to ignore the truth. The people in the sneaker community value a DS/VNDS pair of 2000 Infared VIs go for about 250-300 dollars right? So if JB sees and knows people are willing to pay that price for a old shoe, why don't they capitalize on it? And it is honestly the best of both worlds since so many people don't like when JB retro their "grails" so JB decided to make minor tweaks to the Flu Games, minor tweaks to the Varsity Red VIs, minor tweaks to Charcoal/Powder IXs, etc and while JB has although risen the prices up, they are still providing a much cheaper pair to please the general public while the "sneakerhead" community can breath easy knowing JB won't disappoint them

I'll wait for pics to surface before I even get remotely excited. JB has messed up enough. This is a good start though.

Originally Posted by Magic1978

I hope you guys understand the sneaker community has basically gave JB the greenlight to charge $150 a pair now right?

Is that the reason I can find XII's and VI's still on shelves?

To be honest, the favorable colorways of the XIIs(Flu Games/WhiteReds) have just begun to sell out not too long ago, plus even before, people still bought them up.
The Varsity Red VIs sold out in about 2-3 weeks. The Pistons are instant outlet shoe and the Oreos will take some time before stock clears.

Just because it didn't sell out doesn't mean it didn't sell well.

I have said this many times before and everyone seems to ignore the truth. The people in the sneaker community value a DS/VNDS pair of 2000 Infared VIs go for about 250-300 dollars right? So if JB sees and knows people are willing to pay that price for a old shoe, why don't they capitalize on it? And it is honestly the best of both worlds since so many people don't like when JB retro their "grails" so JB decided to make minor tweaks to the Flu Games, minor tweaks to the Varsity Red VIs, minor tweaks to Charcoal/Powder IXs, etc and while JB has although risen the prices up, they are still providing a much cheaper pair to please the general public while the "sneakerhead" community can breath easy knowing JB won't disappoint them.

Sorry, I don't value a pair of 10 year old sneakers that I can't wear.  I have some crumbling Neon 95's with the big phat air bubbles, and exactly what does that mean?

I buy sneakers to wear.  I have fifteen plus year old sneakers, but what sort of joy do you get from looking at what's supposed to be worn?  Hey, look what I have and used to could wear.  Sneakers weren't supposed to be art work.  Admired from a far?

And do some of you actually read what people say up here from different parts of the country?  Where have you heard of varsity reds selling out at in two or three weeks?  For a FSR GR how many people have you seen wearing any XII?  At what point do they sell out, when they go down to $119, $99, or hit outlets.  I think now JB doesn't want stores to have to put sneakers on sale for $79 so they get some of the unsold inventory back so they can sell them in outlets.  So it makes it look like they might have sold out and like they're also trying to increase traffic in Nike stores.  I see Jordan's sitting at $119 with a 10 or 11 as a display for weeks, so you know nobodies buying them.  I felt sorry for some of those packs like the I and VII.  I started to buy them to put them out of their misery and give them  a good home.

roll.gif
JB hasn't disappointed them, boy, I really hope that was sarcasm.

The Varsity Red 6s sold out online in all the good sizes online in a matter of probably 8-16 hours on release day. My local area malls in Houston sold out of the size 10.5-11.5 pretty quick on within a week or two. They didn't really finally sell out until like maybe a month(I guess?) I see so many people in Houston wearing Flu Games or the White/Reds but not the Rising Suns or Nubucks. I can honestly say I seen over 200 people no problem wearing either of the more popular 12s, but I know they didn't sell out.

I'm just stating what I know.

i just need one pair. i hope jb doesnt mess this up though. if they do i will just go look for a pair of cdp black and cements

Originally Posted by AbstraKt

Magic1978 wrote:
Originally Posted by bdub253

Originally Posted by BigTy23

$150 Seriously JB? This better be a good quality release to justify a 50% price hike...

50% price hike? Did you buy them for $100 sometime in the last 20 years? What are you talking about???
I'm not positive and this is off the top of my head...

Well in 93, I'm pretty positive I paid $99 for my first III's...the cement III's, which was the original price.  Even the true blues in 2001 were $99.
In 2007 I paid $125 for fire red III's
The original XX's cost $200.
The 3/20 CDP with the garbage XX's cost $310.
Even the true blues, on an international release were $130 EUR.  From what I read, don't they typically get charged more, so that justifies the $175.

I think the prices have gone like this $100, $110, $120, $125 for the different versions of III's.  See where I'm going?  Where does the $25 increase from?

So where exactly does the $150 come from, a $25 increase in just three years and a $50 jump?
Seems like Jordan listens to demand to determine prices like with the XI and these, but not when it comes to quality or what we really want.

Man, after this release I think I'd have come full circle and I'll be done with buying Jordan's.  First Jordan's I loved, first I wanted and first I bought.

To illustrate this point:
DEMANDDEMANDDEMANDDEMANDDEMANDDEMANDDEMAND
SUPPLYSUPPLYSUPPLYSUPPLYSUPPLY

thus...

QUALITYQUALITYQUALITYQUALITYQUALITYQUALITYQUALITY
PRICEPRICEPRICEPRICEPRICEPRICE

It won't take an economics major to understand this flow chart.

enough said, ill be looking for the 03's

I like the how most people on here lie to themselves knowingly it's' going to be the same low quality retro with a price hike.

^ agreed - even though they are releasing so far from now, it is a guaranteed acquisition. thanks for the info.

i think jordan brand has done the 3s (& 5s) some justice compared to other models (ie 4)
some of my 3s are pretty choked up but still fat, not narrow, unlike some banana 4s

Originally Posted by green rhino123

i think jordan brand has done the 3s (& 5s) some justice compared to other models (ie 4)
some of my 3s are pretty choked up but still fat, not narrow, unlike some banana 4s
What 3s are you talking about because the 07 Fire Reds are notorious for cracking. Any worn pair of Fire Reds are sure to have cracking.

Worn 2003 White/Cements hardly have any cracking, if any at all.

JB has been slacking on the quality of retros since 2005/6.

Back
Top Bottom