Air Jordan III - WHITE/CEMENT GREY/BLACK/FIRE RED - 136064-105 - SPRING 2011

I got these off of slamdunkspace and have worn them about 10 times.
When I first got them they didn't feel right, but after the first wear they felt perfect 
pimp.gif
, and the tongue loosens up after the first wear for the people that tuck like me
No cracking so far and I put a lot of miles on them.
ccd26666cf530c3f705d96d5ef850f03537a8256_r.jpg

8322607622509cea7e3dcad98dbacaab6da44ce7_r.jpg

So if those are like these then the quality is dope
pimp.gif

My cement print looks funny though
eyes.gif

I also felt these in my hands at my local spot and these joints seemingly have really nice quality and I've been bashing Brand Jordan the past couple of years on that issue.  I don't kno what people really expect leather that will never crease even after playing ball in them, and stars that never wear out? These actually feel nicer than the 2003's, which I also own, so I think this time the naysayers are just hating and need to find something else to complain about. 
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Mr718

Walked into my local spot today and was able to cop for retail.  The quality on these are on point.  Easily one of the best retros in recent memory.  The leather is much less stiff and softer than the CDP III's.  It seems to be on point with the Motorsport VI's like someone else mentioned earlier.  I would even go as far as to say its the exact same leather used on the Mororsports.  Anyone who said these aren't worth the funds are insane.  We aren't paying extra for the box.  With inflation and added cost of shipping, import taxes, and gas we should expect increase in price.  The quality of the last retro, 2003, isn't any better than this retro, they seem equivalent to me.  In fact; I would spend the $150 on this instead of paying $250+ on a pair that may fall apart while your walking down the street.  Anyway, here's some pics...

that comparison shot next to the Motorsports shows that the leather is similar, if not the same.

people just don't wan't to admit when Jordan Brand does a good job after getting crap for years. I have had multiple pairs of the 2003s and the quality wasnt THAT great on them. people who miss the boat on these will be sorry later down the line.

can someone who has these take a picture of the sticker on the insole that shows what materials the shoe is made of please??

Originally Posted by sthebest

people who miss the boat on these will be sorry later down the line. 
True story. I can't wait til the 22nd. Congrats to all who got their pairs early, and thanks to those who continue to post pics of them.

Mr718 wrote:
Nikekidwonder wrote:
Don't listen to the dudes that cop because the bottom line is there going to be bias

Of course their going to say these have good quality to justify their purchase

I went to my local spot to get another look at these and the quality is no were near on point like the 03's so i don't know what that dude Mr.718 is talking about

And yes inflation does happen but it still shouldn't be that high how you go from $125 to $150 smh JB package these in the OG box just to pursed people to buy these because they know people would hesitate when they saw the price

To all those on the fence i think these are a waste of bread because of crap quality plus the paint is going to chip after a few weeks of wearing it

Thats my honest opinion of these but if you still want to cop thats cool good luck getting your pair these shouldn't be a problem to cop on release date

Your seriously saying its outrageous to have a $25 increase on an imported product after 8 4 years?  You must be kidding me.  I'm sure there's some extra bread that goes into the company's pocket, however, we need to realize times have changed.  I really have no need to justify my purchase to anyone.  Its not like I ordered them online and are stuck with something I don't want.  I went into the store, saw them, tried them on, and paid.  I completely content with my purchase.   And I find it sort of funny that for someone who's against this release, 8 out of 10 of your last post are in this thread
laugh.gif
.  Bottom line, if you don't like them, keep it moving.  Why waste time typing your life away complaining a bashing the way other people spend their money? 
ohwell.gif

$125.00 in 2007 had the same buying power as $133.76 in 2010. Annual inflation over this period was 2.28%

http://www.dollartimes.com/calculators/inflation.htm

Keep in mind that we're in a new year so 2011 has not been factored in yet. Basic math. 3 years yielded 8 dollars of inflation, 8/3, add $2.60 for 1 more year, $136.36

The price is not justified, at all.
Zero 0123 wrote:
Quality is good on these. I wouldn't listen to you. The box is not paper thin. The leather is nice and soft. $150 is the cheapest you will find a white/cement III, so I don't see how this is a bad deal. If you actually calculate inflation, it is correct. $125 in 03, $135 in 06, $148.xx in 2010 so yes, the numbers do add up.

Originally Posted by Tawdae804

When I first got them they didn't feel right, but after the first wear they felt perfect 
pimp.gif
, and the tongue loosens up after the first wear for the people that tuck like me
ccd26666cf530c3f705d96d5ef850f03537a8256_r.jpg

8322607622509cea7e3dcad98dbacaab6da44ce7_r.jpg

pimp.gif

eyes.gif
nerd.gif
these 09's right?
lookin pretty good
pimp.gif

might pull trigger and cop another in june if quality is as good as everyone says the white cements are
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Tawdae804

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

eyes.gif

How long did it take you to receive them from moment of payment?

Originally Posted by moneymike88

Mr718 wrote:
Nikekidwonder wrote:
Don't listen to the dudes that cop because the bottom line is there going to be bias

I went to my local spot to get another look at these and the quality is no were near on point like the 03's so i don't know what that dude Mr.718 is talking about

And yes inflation does happen but it still shouldn't be that high how you go from $125 to $150 smh JB package these in the OG box just to pursed people to buy these because they know people would hesitate when they saw the price

To all those on the fence i think these are a waste of bread because of crap quality plus the paint is going to chip after a few weeks of wearing it

Thats my honest opinion of these but if you still want to cop thats cool good luck getting your pair these shouldn't be a problem to cop on release date

Your seriously saying its outrageous to have a $25 increase on an imported product after 8 4 years?  You must be kidding me.  I'm sure there's some extra bread that goes into the company's pocket, however, we need to realize times have changed.  I really have no need to justify my purchase to anyone.  Its not like I ordered them online and are stuck with something I don't want.  I went into the store, saw them, tried them on, and paid.  I completely content with my purchase.   And I find it sort of funny that for someone who's against this release, 8 out of 10 of your last post are in this thread
laugh.gif
.  Bottom line, if you don't like them, keep it moving.  Why waste time typing your life away complaining a bashing the way other people spend their money? 
ohwell.gif

$125.00 in 2007 had the same buying power as $133.76 in 2010. Annual inflation over this period was 2.28%

Keep in mind that we're in a new year so 2011 has not been factored in yet. Basic math. 3 years yielded 8 dollars of inflation, 8/3, add $2.60 for 1 more year, $136.36

So if I understand you correctly, what your saying is since 2007 there has been no increase in shipping, import taxes, or gas?  How you think they're getting to your Foot Locker?
laugh.gif
  Inflation isn't the only thing to take into consideration.  Gas is the reason milk cost more nowadays.  Walk into your local Walmart with an argument for the manager like, "Why is it that the price of the milk keeps going up and we don't get better quality???" 
roll.gif
Let's see how far that gets you.  Some of you act like Jordans are the only thing in this world that increases in price.  Guess what... If you can't afford them, than don't buy it!  It's very possible that the price will stay at $150 for the next several years before another price increase.  It's possible that we're paying $25 for a box, tag, and keychain. It's possible that Michael Jordan is a greedy SOB and he need some extra money to lure Carmelo Anthony to come play for the Bobcats next season
laugh.gif
.  We don't know.  But, if an extra $25 is gonna cause your electricity to get turned off this month, steer clear of this shoe.  Besides... Most of the people complaining will cop anyway
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Mr718

Mr718 wrote:
Nikekidwonder wrote:

laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

So if I understand you correctly, what your saying is since 2007 there has been no increase in shipping, import taxes, or gas?  How you think they're getting to your Foot Locker?
laugh.gif
  Inflation isn't the only thing to take into consideration.  Gas is the reason milk cost more nowadays.  Walk into your local Walmart with an argument for the manager like, "Why is it that the price of the milk keeps going up and we don't get better quality???" 
roll.gif
Let's see how far that gets you.  Some of you act like Jordans are the only thing in this world that increases in price.  Guess what... If you can't afford them, than don't buy it!  It's very possible that the price will stay at $150 for the next several years before another price increase.  It's possible that we're paying $25 for a box, tag, and keychain. It's possible that Michael Jordan is a greedy SOB and he need some extra money to lure Carmelo Anthony to come play for the Bobcats next season
laugh.gif
.  We don't know.  But, if an extra $25 is gonna cause your electricity to get turned off this month, steer clear of this shoe.  Besides... Most of the people complaining will cop anyway
ohwell.gif

This guy is loyal to the game
pimp.gif
, glad to see I'm not the only one.

well it seems the leather is on point
but the crackin is what gets me
oh well tho i know im gonna get a pair on rd....

penny4prezident wrote:
This guy is loyal to the game
pimp.gif
, glad to see I'm not the only one.

Are you playing Super Mario Bros?  Everytime I see your post its about "the game", "banned from the game", "revoked from the game", "loyal to the game".  I think its time for you to turn the game off.

Originally Posted by flaco425

Originally Posted by jordunk

shoedogsdeals on ebay has these for 175.00 shipped and shipping out now.

Good lookin on this. $179.74 shipped=copped
Likewise. With some eBay dollars I had, I just got these for basically retail with no tax or shipping costs. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Wayne141

Originally Posted by flaco425

Originally Posted by jordunk

shoedogsdeals on ebay has these for 175.00 shipped and shipping out now.

Good lookin on this. $179.74 shipped=copped
Likewise. With some eBay dollars I had, I just got these for basically retail with no tax or shipping costs. 
pimp.gif
Copped... Hope dude ships ASAP. Good looks on that post. Thanks again NT Fam. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I'm thinking of getting these. damn. I'm still thinking if I should get these white cements or
the white infrared VIs...

Zero 0123 wrote:
Quality is good on these. I wouldn't listen to you. The box is not paper thin. The leather is nice and soft. $150 is the cheapest you will find a white/cement III, so I don't see how this is a bad deal. If you actually calculate inflation, it is correct. $125 in 03, $135 in 06, $148.xx in 2010 so yes, the numbers do add up.

Your calculation is all wrong fool. They were not $125 in 07.

They were $125 in 03, the Fire Reds were $135 in 06. That yields $148.xx in 2010. So please, stop rubbing dookie on your face even more and trying to look cute.

Back
Top Bottom