Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

Most of these kids on here now probably don't even remember Gentry and his wicked ways.

I just do not want them doing this ****!
20180321_201137.jpg
20180321_201307.jpg

80F690F2-FA26-4BAC-9AF8-22B28FF3631B.jpeg
3BE4C817-83BF-44E4-A499-2C2521057E36.jpeg
Waiting on glue to be shipped and hopefully I won’t need a new pair.
80C9FF1C-1B3F-4E9E-B649-61351049EB59.jpeg

Real happy how they turned out, been wearing them for a week and all’s good. Not as hard a job as you would think just need a lot of patience. This was my beater pair, now I hope to move on to my good pairs of 99 iv’s and maybe try 00 v’s and vi’s. Will post in sneaker maintenance from now on, probably where I should have post this.

Man if Gentry returns and we start seeing deformed Jordans again, I'm offically done. I'm already on a 1 maybe 2 pair a year basis because I'm tired, old and my interest is dwindling. I'm only in it because JB has reformed somewhat in the past few years. If we go back to the mid 2000's to early 2010s manufacturing, that'll be the nail on the coffin.

Gentry is coming back.. let us pray he doesn't destroy everything from his return up until these drop. God bless the Infared VI's.. we may never see them retro correctly now.
Sadly after the bc4s ,the proper infrared vi retro was the really the last og shoe I was waiting to cop smh

Man if Gentry returns and we start seeing deformed Jordans again, I'm offically done. I'm already on a 1 maybe 2 pair a year basis because I'm tired, old and my interest is dwindling. I'm only in it because JB has reformed somewhat in the past few years. If we go back to the mid 2000's to early 2010s manufacturing, that'll be the nail on the coffin.

This all day.

I doubt they’ll do that only because it would be basically suicide for the brand. Let them try and drop the quality back to that level and I guarantee people will stop supporting the brand. There’s way more competition with lifestyle footwear than there was 10 years ago.

I completely stopped buying Js during the dark days and I’ve been back since about 2013 when they started releasing decent quality again. I’ll be gone again as soon as I see paint cracking and extra jumpmans where they don’t belong.

there's absolutely nothing wrong with em.

raptors-air-jordan-vii-new-images-6.jpg

raptors-air-jordan-vii-new-images-8.jpg

raptors-air-jordan-vii-new-images-4.jpg

raptors-air-jordan-vii-new-images-3.jpg

raptors-air-jordan-vii-new-images-7.jpg

raptors-air-jordan-vii-new-images-1.jpg

raptors-air-jordan-vii-new-images-9.jpg

raptors-air-jordan-vii-new-images-2.jpg

raptors-air-jordan-vii-new-images-5.jpg

to be frank, you might as well pick up da 2012 since they're still affordable and close to MSRP.

that 2002 pair were fragile pieces of crap.

da DMP's were miscolored misfires..

da 2012 were durabuck perfection.
I’ve had this discussion before lol. I’m waiting on the remastered pair since it’ll most likely be like the ‘92 or ‘02

how’s the remastered french blues and hares? compared to 2012 raptors if any1 has both or either

If it would've had the two tone upper and a dull finish to the peaks I would agree

we had 2 tone uppers and they both were garbage, da 1st retro were basically a nightmare to keep decent, one water mark and its over. da 2nd ones were flat out hideous.

da 2012 fixed everything that people hated (all black durabuck for da win!) and kept da bright pop on da colors people liked.

I’ve had this discussion before lol. I’m waiting on the remastered pair since it’ll most likely be like the ‘92 or ‘02

are you aware that da OG run included multiple restocks with different manufacturing dates that essentially all look different?

da 2012's with flat laces >>>>>>*

im willing to bet if da next raptors revert back to that awful 2002 nubuck on da panels, da 2012's will skyrocket.

we had 2 tone uppers and they both were garbage, da 1st retro were basically a nightmare to keep decent, one water mark and its over. da 2nd ones were flat out hideous.

da 2012 fixed everything that people hated (all black durabuck for da win!) and kept da bright pop on da colors people liked.
I love em all man including my DMPs. No real complaints here at all. Just wishful comments to get a retro to match the original. The 2012 is dope. Was gonna pass till I laid eyes on em. Couldn't walk away.

how’s the remastered french blues and hares? compared to 2012 raptors if any1 has both or either

french blues eschews da leather tongue, keeps ds good leather.

hares i didn't buy cuz i still got great condition CDP's.

The originals had dark charcoal panels with black overlays. The two tone look is best but I agree the 2012 was the best retro even though the color is off.

Dont get it twisted, there are some retros that JB did very well

05 Last Shots were well executed, 2011 not so much

What are your favourite accurate recent retros? Mine would be the black metallic 5s, only wish the tongue wasn't as high and the icey sole wasn't so blue, would be perfect imo

Back
Top Bottom