Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

EA3B7C9D-6129-4336-8827-9AFD9C49DE98.jpeg
BD2405B1-029E-4078-B0FA-AF481374011C.jpeg

Nike Air :nthat:

Yours will be flawless.
Thanks for jinxing me, you clown :lol:

The toe slant still isn't what it should be; even the WC4s were more slanted, and the "AIR" being off on the back tab. Wonder if the product/design team approved this, or it went into production off spec, and it was too late to make an adjustment. Oh well...been waiting 30 years for these (didn't buy ANY retros until 2013, and won't pay resell).

So what's up with the OG box returning comments? Isn't this the same 4s box we've been getting?
I don't know about that re: toe slant on the WCs. My two pairs of those, the toes are basically straight as a board with zero slant whatsoever. I don't think it's geometrically possibly to make a straighter toe on these.
That back tab ... I want to compare it side by side with the WCs. I'm wondering if the fact that they seem to have raised the height of the nubuck panel surrounding that area hasn't actually resulted in the heel tab being covered up a bit more than before. In other words, did they have less exposed plastic space to fit the Nike and Air onto, forcing them to fudge the alignment? That would be about right for JB: Throw a half-assed fix to one ongoing complaint on the shoes, only to have it cause a whole new stupid inaccuracy/problem. I could be wrong on this one, though, it just crossed my mind earlier.
EDIT: solecitor solecitor 's pic above seems to validate this theory, but maybe my eye's are playing tricks on me. I'm pretty convinced, though.

Last edited:
Need WC3 w/ NA massed produced.
Everyone keeps mentioning Chi 1’s as a possible/probable release during All Star Week 2020 in Chicago.I personally think they might retro the White Cement 3’s as they Debuted during All Star Week 88’ in Chicago.Anyone else think it’s a possibility?

I need that track suit!!
the collection dropping on NIKE this year for this shoe is trash!

That apparel collection is a joke. Why not just retro the OG apparel along with the shoes?
For years I've been trying to understand why they don't do this, or at least why they don't do it a lot more than they do. They spend a lot of time designing and pumping out some of the wackest apparel, when they've got an entire archive of stuff they could just reissue. Par for the course with these fools, as usual.

I want to hate but those are kind of gorgeous. Guess I got to get a pair:lol:

They do kind of look weird from the front and the toebox is a bit excessive.

This shot actually seems to reverse what I was thinking about the Nike Air. They raised the cut of the nubuck back there but also appear to have modified the height/dimensions of the heel tab itself to accommodate it. Almost looks like they had more space to deal with as a result and, as I think has been mentioned, increased the font size of the AIR as a solution. I can't tell from the photos if the actual Nike and swoosh have changed size compared to the WCs. Kind of looks like not, or just barely. That would probably explain it: Swoosh and NIKE stay the same, but the AIR has to grow to fill out the extra space below and there you have it, a mismatch. Oh well.

Back
Top Bottom