Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

shoes_ia59499.jpg

THis isn't the same Quality as Finish Line etc.
YOu can hold the shoe in your hand and bend it to touch the Toe to the Heel, with no effort.
.....but yes, I think they have that "cheap" material look for sure.

Sometimes I really would like to know if people are doing the custom edging because thats what they had or grew up with wanting. Or is it just the thang to do because so many in here are making a deal of it. Not wanting an argument but really would love to know this. To scrutinize it shows people arent trying to appreciate others willingness to customize more than they are willing to just find a reason to be an ***. And no, I have not done this but want to. And no, I am not catching feelings. If someone decides to alter their 200 dollar purchase, they really should get props for their risk. Which is something alot in here (including me) wont take. So again I ask. Why are you really changing your 4s?
For me it’s just the way I remember them, and while they look kind of OK as is, they look better to me by far with the lines.
I still can’t decide if I should iron them, though. Still paranoid I’ll end up with wrinkled toes LOL

Last edited:
Nice. Which pencil did you end up going with? I had a **** week at work and didn’t get around to it yet. Possibly Sunday.
What method did you use here? This one looks the best so far, IMO.

Hesitant to do my pair. Fresh out the box, you can already see the lining, but it’s very very subtle. Trying to convince myself that it’s worth the time and outcome.

White crayola color pencil. Extra sharp. Prepped the edges with a nail file so that the Durabuck picked up the color better.

Sometimes I really would like to know if people are doing the custom edging because thats what they had or grew up with wanting. Or is it just the thang to do because so many in here are making a deal of it. Not wanting an argument but really would love to know this. To scrutinize it shows people arent trying to appreciate others willingness to customize more than they are willing to just find a reason to be an ***. And no, I have not done this but want to. And no, I am not catching feelings. If someone decides to alter their 200 dollar purchase, they really should get props for their risk. Which is something alot in here (including me) wont take. So again I ask. Why are you really changing your 4s?

The grayish lines looked good against the black parts giving it contour on the original and 99. The lines would have looked odd with the cdp and 2012 retroes with a jumpman. The originals and the 99 retro looked appropriate with the red behind the tongue, proper wings height, good nike air alignment, right toe box, good shoe height etc.
56866553_597208414131844_4668488065127537640_n.jpg
gettyimages-84931734-612x612.jpg

so we have the desire to put those original details on the 2019. its part looks, part nostalgia, part throwback.

The grayish lines looked good against the black parts giving it contour on the original and 99. The lines would have looked odd with the cdp and 2012 retroes with a jumpman. The originals and the 99 retro looked appropriate with the red behind the tongue, proper wings height, good nike air alignment, right toe box, good shoe height etc.
56866553_597208414131844_4668488065127537640_n.jpg
gettyimages-84931734-612x612.jpg

so we have the desire to put those original details on the 2019. its part looks, part nostalgia, part throwback.

Man, I'll forever dislike the fact that JB refuses to give us a proper midtop height Jordan III and IV.

its that collar height and wing length.
Increase length of the wings, and the collar has to be increased or raised to adjust for the wings being raised and being longer. back tab would seem a little shorter as well as the tongue.

Finally did the lines

They came out good E-Double, you’ve inspired me to do my pair.

So again I ask. Why are you really changing your 4s?

I’m in the 40+ age bracket who owned the 89 and still owns the 99. I’m also in the minority who refused to purchase any OG that was bastardized with a Jumpman instead of a Nike Air logo. I didn’t purchase a single Jordan between the years of 2007 through 2015. The remastered program is what drew me back in. JB imo has done good enough, but hasn’t really remastered anything as this shoe proves. With the altering of the toe box and adding the color process to the lining (something JB could have done very easily btw) this shoe gets the respect it deserves. That’s why I can justify making adjustments to my 2019 IV’s.

For everyone saying they’re too scared to add the lines. It’s almost set up for you to do it. You’d have to be pretty careless and sloppy to mess it up.

That edge on the Durabuck picks up the color almost instantly. Especially if you scape the edge first. If you mark the Durabuck anywhere not on the edge directly with color pencil it won’t show and if it does you can just wipe it off.

I get not wanting to ruin your kicks but sometimes you just gotta look yourself in the mirror and say when in Rome

Man, I know the new ones are midtop but they're like on the lower end. It's weird. They're barely taller than air max 1s and 90s
20190518_020635.jpg

its that collar height and wing length.
Increase length of the wings, and the collar has to be increased or raised to adjust for the wings being raised and being longer. back tab would seem a little shorter as well as the tongue.

You can tell on this 2019 pair that they jacket up the height a little but it’s still not enough. That space between the midsole and the Nike air panel still isn’t y’all enough. You’d think with them having access to ogs and 99 they could simply make sample pairs, do comparisons and determine if they got it right or not. Must be some really lazy and incompetent people working for the brand. As a design guy, attention to detail is EVERYTHING. That’s why that crooked NA is so unacceptable. I refuse to believe anyone did that on purpose. And if they did they should be fired.

Back
Top Bottom